We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Can we now get skins for powers?

BioX
BioX Member Posts: 1,378
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

So its too late already to go back on how The Twins cosmetics are done.

I was hoping for a "charlotte body", "victor", "weapon" distribution, but because victor is treated like a power/ability, no skins for him.

So ok, fine, can we then pls just get a sepperate category for skins for abilities for killers it applies to?

Kanabo skins for Oni

Chainsaw skins for Billy

Bottle skins (plus gas colour) for Clown

Hatchet skins for Huntress

etc etc

and obviously Victor skins for The Twins.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

while personally i wouldn't be against this i imagine adding another layer of cosmetics would 1.really annoy people and 2.put more strain on the art team

• BioX

strain? I mean...its literally their job and there is no set date/schedule for release, they can just take their time and release anything simply "when its done".

And why would it really annoy people? its completely optional.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

It would be inconsistent between killers and would be difficult to make enough of a variety to warrant a separate category.

What would be a common power skin for Wraith? Maybe he leaves blue confetti behind when he cloaks? I just don't see how they could fill up an entire shop with power cosmetics, not to mention it may confuse new players.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

strain? I mean...its literally their job and there is no set date/schedule for release, they can just take their time and release anything simply "when its done".

You're not their boss. Their bosses could very well put them on a schedule, not to mention everyone who'd be angry if the skins didn't come out in [insert arbitrary timeline here]. Also, just because it's their job doesn't mean you can pile on more work - even if it's work of the same type - and expect them to do it. That's like saying that a janitor's job is to clean, so you should be allowed to ######### everywhere since they have to clean anyway.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

I find that kinda rigged too, I mean I understand victor is used as a special ability but he's part of 2 killers in one. He should really get some equipment as well. I'm gonna compare them to how the ice climbers are like in smash bros, they both have alternate skins for each other. It'd be worthless for Victor to not have a matching outfit set for whichever is equipped.

• BioX

Just the bell would get a skin, and if one argues one would only see the bell for a second at a time so its not worth it, well thats fine, then they can just not buy any skins and those who do like it can.

And yeah it wont work for every killer but I dont see that as an issue, Ghostface and Myers would be left out, with Doc you can maybe change the colour of the lightning etc

• BioX

No you dont understand what im saying, you now arbitrarly add a rule that more skin options means more skins to be made within the same time period, that would obviously not be the case.

More killers means more skins as well, Deathslinger has not seen anything new since his release really, that one skin that came later was already done and the recolour for the 4th year really does not count.

Their attention was shifted to other places and that is fine.

More skin options does not mean more work/strain.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If you want them to make more skins, how are you not giving them more work to do? Where do the skins come from?

• BioX

ok, lets do this differently, you have some letters A B C and D

In the first month I want you to use 2 letters, ok so lets use A and D, cuz why not?

In the second month I want you to use 2 letters, ok lets use B and C, cuz why not? etc etc

now more content is released so there are some more letters, A B C D E and F

In the first month I want you to use 2 letters, ok lets use C and F, cuz why not?

in the second month I want you to use 2 letters, ok lets use B and E, cuz why not?

The point is, just because there is more choice of cosmetics, does not mean there is more work to be done in a time period, they can pick and choose what to work on when for whatever reason, again, the deathslinger example, he has gotten basically no new skins since release because they were working on other stuff.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    edited December 2020

God i would give a fortune for colored mending bars as the Legion

• Merridew
    Merridew Member Posts: 55
    edited December 2020

I think this is actually a great idea and have always wondered why it was never implemented, most likely cause you'd have to know what all the cosmetics look like to know all to look out for.

Bear traps for Trapper

Bells for Wraith

Chainsaws for Hillbilly

Different colored blinks for Nurse

Different shock effects for Doctor

Hatchets for Huntress

The newer RBT version for Pig

Kanabo's for Oni

Matching outfits for Victor

Matching harpoons for Deathslinger

Different bottles for Clown

Different syringes for Blight

The only ones that couldn't get one are Myers, Ghostface, Demogorgon, Pyramid Head, Freddy, Legion(all their powers wouldn't work with it), Bubba (only uses one chainsaw, but maybe could get different ones), Plague and Hag (theirs are specific visuals or colors we have to look out for already. IE: plagues vomit color and hags trap shape).

Edit: Autocorrect Errors

Edit 2: can't believe I forgot Blight