How do you say "I want to Farm Bp" as Killer?

Options

Hello there. I try to Farm but the survivor refuse, they pre drop every pallet, make Gens and leave instand. Even If I Bodyblock and Nock my head they are still scared. What should I do?

Comments

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681
    Options
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 999
    Options

I just play the game normally but no hooking, for some reason works better then hitting gens.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Not even that; many survivors will likely not trust it's genuine, given how common it is in bloodhunts for killers to fake farming to get a free 4k.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

NOD YOUR HEAD IT WORKS ALL THE TIME!!! I always nod my head and walk in circles while looking at them to let them know I am not a threat, but a fwiend uwu. Disgusting, I hated writing that but trust me on this. Also bonking hooks and gens with your weapon gets their attention, and BAM!! Pallet slamming and shenanigans ensue :)!

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    Options

I've seen an Agitation / Iron Grasp / Insidious Bubba pretending to farm; I don't think I will ever trust a Bubba

• keygun
    keygun Member Posts: 311
    Options

Just don't farm?

Most players want the chase, the adrenaline.

Farming is boring and not how the game is meant to be played.

It sounds like the survivors aren't going to farm and with good reason. It ruins the match.

As killer, I'd rather run around aimless than farm.

As survivor I'd rather die on hook.

Give me a real game, or go play a farming simulator.

No offence.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I play as GF and teabag in circle. If I down someone I'll spin in a circle until they break free. I'll walk up and just stare at them (not as Mikey or Ghostface), maybe spin in circle.

Some survivors don't want to farm because of killers that pretend they want to but really it's to get an easy kill so they don't trust other killers won't do the same. I had an Oni the other day that my swf teammate said it looked like he was farming with the other two players. When he saw me he instantly used his power to down and hook me. One of the randoms unhooked me in front of him and then he chased me for a bit before stopping. Maybe he wanted to farm but if you down/hook someone first time you see them they aren't going to trust you want to farm. I ended out rushing the last gen with my swf teammate and immediately opening the door to leave. Spectating he continued to farm with the other two until time ran out. Had he made it clear he wanted to farm I would've participated but downing/hooking me the first moment he sees me doesn't give a "let's farm" vibe.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244
    Options

Down someone, pick em up, go to a gen and hit it a few times, then drop the survivor multiple times until he is back to injured - works most of the time for me

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

I love farmers and usually sacrifice myself so they can get more points. The base game and a farming game are equally fun to me and I enjoy farming a little more because at least I’ll get some blood points that can get me more than 3 or 4 random purchases in the bloodweb. Usually, playing like a troll and when a survivor is downed, hitting in their direction while another survivor is watching signals farming.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

A killer told me he wants to farm. I said ok and used bloody party streamer. Killer killed all of us.

Never again am I agreeing to farming.

Blame that 1 killer who ruined it for everyone.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I’ll try a few things.

• keep repeatedly hitting a generator I just chased survivors off of.
    • repeatedly hit a pallet near a survivor
    • regularly spin around really fast on the spot. Bonus points if it makes them laugh.
    • Every time I’m spotted by a survivor I’ll just do a little stare off with them, then run backwards to see if they’ll chase me.
  • TheClownIsKing
    Options

There are also still a lot of fresh survivors too. Some of them are simply too terrified or/and confused to understand the bizarre behaviour being exhibited by the killer.

• TheClownIsKing
    Options

It depends how the farming is done though.

In farm games where survivors are participating, I also put in a lot of effort to be as silly, funny, and entertaining as possible in the hope everyone gets lots of points AND some laughs.

• TheClownIsKing
    Options

Yeah it’s super crappy when a killer does this. Very uncool.

I’ll only hook survivors in farm games that make it abundantly clear they’re happy to be hooked by either tea bagging under a hook or pointing at a hook.

• keygun
    Options

Farming can be fun, but I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

A killer initiated farming one game while I was playing with a friend that needed unhook rift. She couldn't get any unhooks bc killer wouldn't hook or team would steal save.

She was disappointed and jumped on gens with me to get the game over with.

As much as I love bp, I'd rather habe a real game over any farming match.

• keygun
    Options

Although I would not report farming, I do think it may be breaking dbd rules.?

Not sure, but again, idc enough to report it.

Just be careful.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Only if you force people to farm even if they don't want to.

• keygun
    Options

How can someone be forced?

If I see a killer farming, I'll just do gens and open gates as fast as possible.

I don't like 5 minute gen rushing on either side, but if farming is involved I'll just end the game quick and on to the next one.

• Orion
    Options

Hook farming, for example. Injuring/Downing them and having other survivors bodyblock and heal them, that sort of thing.

• keygun
    Options

Wouldn't that make the other survivors at fault? Sounds like being held hostage.

Either way, they'd have to be very well organized to pull that off. Possible, reportable, but seems highly unlikely.

1) killers farming is very uncommon

2) survivors working together to sabotage 1 and force them into farming seems incredibly rare.

Regardless of how impossibly rare for that to happen, it doesn't sound fun at all.

• Orion
    Options

Yes, everyone would be at fault in those examples of reportable farming.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Why farm? Not mentioning that you are risking a ban for admitting it on the forum.

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92
    Options

Farming isn't against the rules, its not taking the game hostage because the survivors can just finish the gens and go or the killer can kill the survivors if one side doesn't want to farm.

As for farming itself I don't see anything wrong with it as a survivor or a killer, hell half the time it helps me to get rift things done when playing either side and as a killer I do my best to make sure the survivors meet their goals.

I enjoy the game regularly but after several sweaty killers who face camp, Bubba, several games in a row a farming killer is nice.

Also as a killer when I decide to farm and the group playing with me gets it and goes along with it I make sure we leave with as many blood points as possible. I track hooks so no one dies and people get safe unhooks, I lead them to chests and totems, I chase, I make sure we have a good time, but I will never force people to farm, it is always their choice.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

You don't.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

As a survivor main I don't like farming. I just don't find it all that useful. However, there is one reason I refuse to participate even when I'm stuck in a match with a killer that appears to want to farm.

I've been in more than one match where the killer acts like they want to farm, but they are actually using it as a tactic to get easy kills. Had one killer send a message saying they wanted to hook everyone twice and then we could just farm and leave. He hooked everyone twice. Let us do the whole heal each other a time or two and then slugged everyone and hung us all the last time.

In other words you are probably running into survivors that don't know if they can trust that you actually want to farm, or you're being dishonest to get easy kills.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    Options

Twirl around. It works for me most of the time, especially when other Survivors start spinning and just memeing around.

Note: As many have mentioned above, don’t force others who don’t wanna farm to farm with you. It counts as griefing and that’s a no-no here.

• HeckaYeah
    HeckaYeah Member Posts: 187
    Options

Make it obvious. Make and end chases. Tbag back if you can. Just have fun with it.

• HeckaYeah
    HeckaYeah Member Posts: 187
    Options

I love it when I run into killers who do this! 10/10 it makes my night!

• The_Nightmare
    The_Nightmare Member Posts: 65
    Options

I always use Ghostface then just start t-bagging everywhere they'll eventually catch on but like someone said earlier not all survivors are going to want to farm :(

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

1) Walk to an active gen. Survivors will have already scattered, but are watching you.

2) Nod

3) Slap the gen, then take a few steps back.

4) Nod again.

5) Look around, periodically slapping the gen, until you see a survivor peeking at you.

6) Nod at the survivor and slap the gen.

7) As they cautiously approach gen, back off so as to not scare them.

Other survivors should be coming out of the woodwork at this point. When they see one who’s not scared, they’ll get brave too.

8) Stand in a pallet, slap it, and take the hit.

CONGRATS! The official farming has begun!

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

Hooking for points is fine. The killer I faced immediately killed everyone. None of us really got much points out it. Only the killer got points. It sucked.

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Play ghostface.

Teabag.

Profit.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options

Play Wraith and ding ding ding with the add-on thingy that makes the ding ding ding map-wide.

If survivors STILL don't get it (or if I'm playing as someone else) I will down someone and pick them up & release them until they break free. Then nod at them or something.

Alternatively, if given the chance, I will hit a generator with my weapon and nod at the survivor (if given the chance = the survivor has not sprint bursted their ass away and is still close enough to see me do it).

If they STILL don't get it I'm going feral and killing everyone. Usually works fine, because most survivors that don't get this kind of signals don't have a lot of time in the game.

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681
    Options

I Farm with Wraith the hole time but for some reason it works much better with Legion.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

What rank are you farming at. Purple and Red usually get it. Green and lower don’t always. Not everyone trusts it though (I’ve seen killers noed everyone after the last gen, etc).

Also, straight farming is boring for a good amount of people. So, maybe 2 hooking everyone and then letting them go. Gives everyone a game, but usually at the end they’ll finally get it

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

I have had two reverse chases with Myers and honestly? It was a beautiful, rare moment of joy in this game. I mean, I love this game but being able to stop sweating for 2 minutes is really nice lol :)!

• Stridor
    Stridor Member Posts: 28
    Options

My best way is to down someone, then instead of bringing the person to the hook, bring them to an objective and let them either break a totem or start on a gen.

Or walk up to a pallet while holding the survivor and hit it, showing at least the person you're holding what you're doing.

Generally, I'd do that then stick with that person until other survivors see what you're doing.

• Lufanati
    Lufanati Member Posts: 198
    Options

bring a bp offering and play ghostface. T-bag and spin and most survivors will understand what you mean. Whether or not they'll want to farm as well, is a different manner..

• ScardeyCat
    ScardeyCat Member Posts: 13
    Options

When I want to show survivors that I am farming, I run in circles around the survivors fir like five seconds. They usually either stare at me to see if I will change my mind and whack them or they also run in circles. I also hit gens and pallets with my weapon. If they don’t get it by then, then hook that person snd say duh! Lol. 😂

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

Some survivors are just as try hard as some killers, and just want to get in and get out. I have had many matches where I gave every hint possible to let survivors know that I am not killing but just earning bp and they were like " nope ". Some even messaged afterwards saying " just play the f'ng game ". It's ok to relax and have a laid-back match once in a while.