I'm kind of scare of the Freddy Nerf but should I keep a open mind?

Options
Robotfangirl67
Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 638
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

The reason why I'm a little scare is that I feel that Freddy isn't too bad to play against. I mean I can understand that some of this abilities need a little a tweak. I mean I play Freddy alot and when his rework came it help understand more about how to pressure gens on certain maps. I mean I'm happy to play others since I also play a lot of Ghostface. But my point is that I don't want Freddy to become really weak again because when he was really weak he basically wasn't able to pressure well against any type of survivors. Basically I hope the nerfs won't be too bad like what they did to Pyramid head but they also kind of weaken Nurse and Billy. Like Nurse is a little buggy from what I heard and also Billy really didn't need a cooldown, I mean they both need some add-on changes but their powers no. But anyway this is my opinion and I just wanted to share my point of view on the subject matter. Also I know I shouldn't worry so much since I tend to have a bad habit of that but I will keep on trying to keep an open mind and hope for what is to come.

Comments

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570
    Options

Let's hope he will get something like PH nerf, remaining him strong, buffing him in other area

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

As others have said in the thread, hopefully Freddy gets tweaked to a point where he's still fun to play as but also more fun to play against. It honestly didn't take more than 5 games of Forever Freddy at Red Ranks for me to go "Great, Freddy... Again..."

All that coming from someone who mained old school Freddy back when he had his own tier.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331
    Options

Freddy is a great beginner killer which sucks since he's DLC! That being said I am curious to what kind of nerf they'll give him. Hopefully he'll still be viable!

• ZenithZX
    ZenithZX Member Posts: 43
    Options

Just make it easier to wake up. That's all he really needs nerf-wise.

• Unseen_Force
    Unseen_Force Member Posts: 218
    Options

Unfortunately I think hes going to get nerfed into the ground

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

I was trying to say that I wasn't going to judge before it happens but I agree the devs tend to make a lot of bad decisions.

• Robotfangirl67
    Options

I mean I agree but I hope not but we will see what happens.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Billy didn't really get gutted, but I will admit he isn't as enjoyable to play as any more.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

He just needs some slight numbers nerfs. Removing his slowdown add on (theres no reason for these to exist) and perhaps rework passive sleeping or lowering the speed increase (it isnt very fair that survivors are told to 'just wake up' when no matter what they do they lost time and freddy gains mobility for doing NOTHING).

Removing either of his powers is the wrong choice. Snares might be a little too strong and easily spammable. But personally, I think a mobility and slowdown nerf is the right way to go. Removing/nerfing his anti-loop would make him significantly weaker when all he needs is a utility nerf.

• VicThor
    VicThor Member Posts: 347
    Options

Maybe it would be nice if there would be two clock spawn to wake up

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

I wish survivors got a killer treatment. And i dont mean getting nerfed cuz that happens to everyone. I mean being told "Hey we are gonna slightly tweak (fir instance) gen times cuz they are ever so slightly too much, wont be much we promise"

"Gen times have been trippled from 80 seconds to 240 seconds, we feel that it is too oppressive for killers to have to deal with anykind of challenge so we made this change to help, if you dont like it its because you are bad, get bent, screw off and git gud! See you all in the fog!!"

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

The ways to wake up are actually enough. The problem ist, that it's barely worth it, because you fall asleep way to quickly to benefit from it. I mean Freddy is the only killer who can do their daily while beeing afk^^

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

Lets hope they address his main and only issue, which is he is too easy to play. Everything else on Freddy is fine, even his strength.

Knowing how the Reworks usually go though, they make him incredibly janky and unfun to play and littered with bugs. Including a completely unnecessary nerf to a piece of his kit which was fine in the first place. Well, that's how the Billy and Nurse "Adjustments" went.

I really wouldn't get hopes up. It is still possible though that they do some really good changes.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

Just yesterday I had a billy game where I was getting some solid pressure going and as I was whimsically gliding across the map suddenly the sound of the saw going tssh and overheating turned my mood into 180 of anger and rage.

The survivor didnt do anything to outplay me no the saw just decided to overheat because I was using my power to navigate the map better. This is a frustration mechanic, no different then nurse cd on her blinks.

What I'm getting at is that I expect behaviour to add a reduced ms on freddys trap placement on top of nerfing half of his kit. Because behaviour dosent balance killers they make them more frustrating to play. If your lucky it means one janky awkward mechanic to play around. If your unlucky the get pulled out back told to think of the rabbits and shot.

This is the same team that has left legion in his current state with not a single buff since they nerfed him into the ground.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Thats okay tho. Both killers are still very strong. They are just a bit harder now to play, but have not lost anything really beside overpowered addons addons like megablink or instasaw. Apparently Nurse is still good enough to pull off 200+ 4ks in a row and barley loosing a generator while doing so.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Thats a matchmaking/embleme problem, not a killer problem.

• keygun
    keygun Member Posts: 311
    Options

Honestly, I stopped playing freddy bc he is too easy to play as.

I hope they don't go overboard with nerf, but a nerf is still appreciated.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

I don't know. I main nurse, and the cooldown on her blinks isn't really frustrating.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

Ever since a few patches I feel like his lullaby is so quiet he sneaks up on me better than Myers,am I just crazy?

• Lyfe
    Lyfe Member Posts: 197
    Options

Waste case scenario, you'll have to think.

Best case scenario, his teleport gets 1 second longer of a cooldown.