There is an easy counter to The Twins' camping

Everybody is talking about how powerful The Twins are at camping, and I won't deny they are a cut above other killers. However, their camping potential can be easily countered by doing simple things. If The Twins are leaving Victor at a hook, just crouch-walk as soon as you hear his screeches. Victor cannot detect survivors that are still or crouch-walking, so just crouch up to Victor, kick him, then get the save. If The Twins are leaving Charlotte at a hook, just take a hit for the hooked survivor. Also keep in mind that Charlotte is unable to attack for 3 seconds after being switched to, so you can unhook a survivor and run away before Charlotte can act. And even if Charlotte manages to catch up to the unhooked survivor quickly, you can just tank a hit to buy them time. The Twins are far better at camping than the average killer, but can easily be countered by survivors that know what they are doing.

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

on one hand i am happy he has that downside.

on the other hand, ugh yet another downside to this killer...

• keygun
    keygun Member Posts: 311

THANK YOU!

The twins excel at map pressure more than any other killer imo.

Another good tactic for Charlotte camping is multiple people hook save, flashlight blind while she's locked in animation from switching back to Charlotte.

It says this in the loading screen when playing as or against twins.

It's just like hag trapping hook.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Yep, people haven't figured out to crouch around Victor yet is my guess. Charlotte isn't an effective camper with that cooldown.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Victor is not necessarily in an obvious position and his shriek has a 12m radius when idle and it can be increased with add-ons. The moment you step into it you trigger killer instinct and the killer can switch to Victor in 0.25, meaning the survivor has no time to do anything. So, you have to enter shriek radius while already crouching. People would have to crouch to the hook from 1 & 1/2 tiles away and more likely 2 tiles at least to be safe. Not counting the waste of time, they still run the risk of being interrupted by Charlotte.

Charlotte is not as good at camping, because the transition takes 3 seconds, but she can still circumvent BT.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Shhhhh..🤐 damn it.

• slayer565745
    slayer565745 Member Posts: 31

I haven't personally run into "too many" camping twins, so I can't relate to the whole argument that much... but this doesn't work when the killer runs Make Your Choice (which I have seen many twins run along with no-ed).

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

I had someone with the twins camp a basement in shack by blocking of both entries with Charlotte and Victor, and all they would do is wait for someone to use the window and go down and they would just grab onto them as Victor and then smack with Charlotte. tell me the counterplay to that.

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

That's just facecamping with added steps, plenty of killers can do that and make it impossible to save without trading, the only counterplay is to do gens and let the person die.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

What I fear is that people will not learn. There are still so many who don't know how to avoid Hag's traps after 4 years...

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

I played against a team all with urban evasion today. I wonder if that was why cuz they never used it.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I knew about it only detecting movement, but crouch walking is a new one I didn’t know

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188

just kick the baby

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The moment you hear screeches, he detects you. Counterplay invalidated.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited December 2020

the counter play is simply to be healthy it gives victor only two options

• let the save happen and down the unhooked
    • latch onto the savior

he can't prevent the save and if he downs the unhooked the savior can simply crush him then heal the unhooked, there is your counter play.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

In Victor's power description it says that he reveals "walking or running" Survivors. Sneaking ones are not included.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Even if this is a counter, the slow rate at which you'll approach the hook buys the killer a ridiculous amount of time, especially in the basement. It's literally just hag all over again, except she's already at the hook without a teleport.

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306

Wait I thought people knew this? Any way another counter to them is to actually stalk victor from a distance. I know, I know it sounds stupid. Why would you follow the killer? Because he is vulnerable the second the player takes Charlotte. And will prevent further use of him. Plus charlotte will probably be across the map. Giving you time to heal.

Another counter is to actually help the slugged survivors. The amount of times I've seen survivors hide, even though they're healthy, is stupid. And can negate their pressure.

And don't be afraid to protect fellow injured survivors. A single health state for a period of time controlled by you, is a lot better than a mass genocide and immense pressure. Also stay away from other survivors when he's on your back. Your giving her information.

• MadLordJack

Not how it works, the unhooked survivor will never get picked up in time to actually get away. Trust me, I run WGLF and We'll Make It together all the time, it's just not enough.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited December 2020

There are 3 realities that can occur when Twins camp:

Scenario 1: Charlotte is camping, Victor is hunting.

Scenario 2: Victor is detecting rescues, Charlotte is hunting

Scenario 3: Victor is detecting rescues AND Charlotte is nearby

Scenario 1: Most of the counters to proximity camping still apply: BT still works for example. Eat the hit for the person getting rescued if you must. This is arguably less valuable than Demo camping with a portal because at least Demo can use Make your Choice and counters BT, and that isn't very strong. Worst case scenario if your solo: Treat like a facecamper. If they hit ya with Victor its like... 'whatever, now you have to leave the hook or what was the freakin point?' Its a super minor amount of pressure because you can just move and heal up, the twins can't even kick your gen while you are doing it.

Scenario 2: Crawl to rescue. Unlike Hag, Charlotte CANNOT instantly be there, only Victor can. This means that as long as you bodyblock for your rescued bud Victor cannot secure the down on his own unless you messed up and triggered instinct before the unhook. In which case you messed up dweeb, I bet you complain that you can't rescue vs Trapper either because you get caught on a trap you didn't see. Much like how rescuing vs Trapper has you assuming 100% every path towards the hook is trapped and you slow walk over to ensure you don't step on it, just always assume the approach to the hook has Victor unless proven otherwise.

Scenario 3: The killer is devoting 100% of their resources to blocking the rescue. Treat like a Basement Bubba: Genrush to punish. Sucks for the dude on the hook, shouldn't have lost the first chase.

The twins are GOOD at defending the hook, because they can punish bad thoughtless rescues. But in DBD, you never HAVE to rush to rescue, you can always take your time. So use that time, figure out which of the three scenarios are in play, and counter that scenario. If you don't want to do that and want to just bumrush the hook from the word go, get ready to lose some games vs Twins, because the entire point of the power is to let them try to pressure and gain info over multiple parts of the map, and you don't deserve to win if you REFUSE to respect that.

• FixThisGame69
    FixThisGame69 Member Posts: 97

Literally no one plays twins like this. They just mass slug with victor.

• LazyGhost25
    LazyGhost25 Member Posts: 49

I thank you for sharing this and it's good to know cuz I was having a frustrating game that this was happening and my friends were getting camped another thing is I'm tired of the killer just standing there in one spot and letting the little twin run around hitting everyone when they're a one hit this happened today. Me and my three other friends were already injured we needed one more gen to be done andwe all sacrifice each other to help each other off the hook because the camping twin and then that twin was the only one running after all of us one by one we went down.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

It's sad that Urban Evasion is a must have to even begin to counter this killer.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

press X to doubt

you telling me the killer is always 8 seconds from you? sure bud.

• MadLordJack

I'm not entirely sure you understand the circumstances: most hooks aren't, oh I dunno, in the middle of 6 jungle gyms. The unhooked survivor has no real chance to get to safety.