A Possible Solution For Pips And De-Ranking

Lefrongo
Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

It's been like this for a while now, if you lose a match due to someone disconnecting, performance and progress is haltered due to this. This shouldn't be the reason to lose a pip because someone else chose to disconnect by rage quitting or just giving up so easy, we've all been there. We've all lost a match or so due to current moods, a loss of matches in consecutive rows can be considered to be a blame on us; but as survivor not everybody cooperates. So I took it upon myself to come up with this idea.

For every 3 or 5 matches lost in a consecutive row, you lose a pip. This maybe applied to wins as well, however what we can apply is the performance on repairing generators, from being awarded altruism emblems and other etc. Escaping or not isn't considered a loss, performance is key and so is cooperation from your allies. I'll be taking feedback and other people's ideas into consideration, I'll change the post if I have to.

I'm not gonna go into detail with killers being nice to survivors and letting them farm blood points as they just want to stay fair and keep the match that way, they do it because of others disconnecting so it shows promise on finishing challenges for tomes.

A Possible Solution For Pips And De-Ranking 10 votes

Losing 3 matches in a row to lose a pip is reasonable.
20%
RoboMojoYords 2 votes
Nah, make it 5 matches in a row so we can keep our rank longer.
10%
PhorKoinz 1 vote
I don't care either way.
70%
BardTapeKnotVetratheneCerebral_HarlotDrVitaHerachi_SakuraInk_Eyes 7 votes

Comments

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Ranking doesn't really matter to begin with, and making it near impossible to depip solidifies that fact.

• Lefrongo

It doesn't matter unless if you're wanting to reach rank 1 with either Killer or Survivor, which leads to giving you the achievement for doing so. Leveling up is different because they can actually give you iridescent shards, if they start giving rewards for ranking up then that would be another reason to try. Ranking up shows if you bother trying being better at the game as well, that's the whole point of the results end screen. I just find it annoying how me and a couple of other friends frequently suffer deranking and losing pips because of the bad lighting of the map, a random not co-operating and engaging in unsportsmanlike behavior or we just got real unlucky. It depends on many factors.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

It's already so difficult to depip, I dont want more potatoes ar red ranks.

• Sif
    Sif Member Posts: 51

I can't even vote because I don't know what your definition of "winning" is. In the current system I can as a killer have all 4 survivors escape and still gain a pip. I certainly wouldn't call killing no one winning but that's what the system does right now.

So what do you even mean by winning?

• Lefrongo

Also no it isn't difficult to depip, I can go record a whole session of many matches in a row and I'll show you how EASY it is to lose pips, the struggle is so long and it's difficult to get good teammates that you start questioning the legitimacy of the developers, they should really start playtesting their game for future updates such as balancing and technical issues. Also what do you mean potatoes as red ranks? You do realize people spend their time trying hard to get to red ranks right?

• Lefrongo

"Escaping or not isn't considered a loss, performance is key and so is cooperation from your allies. I'll be taking feedback and other people's ideas into consideration, I'll change the post if I have to"

If both parties involved such as Survivor or Killer are taking a long match, then they might consider it to be an "absolute gg" because it takes them a while to get all categories to get the maximum points.