Bugs aside, the design team did a great job

The twins look amazing, and the sounds are just incredible. I don't know how viktors voice actor managed to make the screeching noises, but bravo!

The survivor's voice actor is also pretty good, even tho the noise becomes annoying after some hours. But I appreciate this level of voice acting.

The skins also look amazing, especially the trapper one, it's badass.

And before I read through the comments about how bhvr only releasing cosmetics instead of fixing bugs, the design team and the bug fixing team are COMPLETELY different. Be mad on the bugs if you want, but you have to admit that the cosmetics and characters, as always, look pretty dope.

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

I agree! This chapter is one of my fav. chapters so far! (bugs aside obv.). I'm still at awe at Elodie's design. She's gorgeous and the representation was appreciated.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Completely agree! I aspire to be as successful as the BHVR design team because they knock it out of the park every time without fail.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

Love the Krampus but hope the Devs might go back on the skins like Minotaur and Krampus and add some Custom sounds since the animations are fine but would love to hear the custom sounds they can make for special non switchable skins

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
  • AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

The design team 99% of the time does a great job!

We cannot say the same about the balance team...

• Chaotyx
    Chaotyx Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2020

The visual and sound designs are great with this chapter. When I saw the reworked maps load for the first time, and the new models (totems, wow!) I was blown away, it’s visually beautiful. The custom chase/heartbeat music is fantastic too. Again, bugs aside, I’m loving what they’ve done

I’m no pro-elite player, so map design changes I’m not 100% sure on, but it has been disorienting running into certain areas only to see the exit out of the room blocked off trapping me, but I can at least laugh it off.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,147

The twin is fun as played as. The scream from the add survivor isn't my favorite. It annoying after I heard it once. Victor can go far when he launched. I actually flew past a survivor' head when he was at the gate. If you can master it then they're a force to be reckoned with.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I think the Autohaven maps designs are the worst from all the reworked ones. But other than that, the designs in this chapter and generally are on point!

i love what they did to the totems and the hatch!

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

They made Victor's scream the same way Elena Siegman roared in 115, the va for Victor simply destroyed their throat and lungs my screeching and the sound team did the rest

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Definitely like the new chapter but the devs definitely deserve a bit of criticism for the sheer amount of bugs this chapter introduced

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

Design team has always been really good and the best part of dbd. Just wish I could say the same about the rest....

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

I like Elodie's design, and she's got the screams of a female Steve!

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh" like she's bored LMFAO

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I absolutely agreed they did a great job other than just the bugs, the art and music department make phenomenal works its just the balancing team needs work, or fixing bugs whatever. They made some of the best music I've ever heard from horror, and the art designs of the characters look absolutely great

• akumaks13
    akumaks13 Member Posts: 42

nice job? hahaha autohaven and ormond suck right now they are empty maps designed for the killer

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Design is great, it needs a little bit of tweaks but that's okay. This was they're first try at something really different, we have to respect them for that.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

As is tradition. Great designs with buggy implementation. DBD in a nutshell really.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I said that the visuals are incredible. Imo, not only design wise, but in game wise the reworked maps looks sick

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

Their design, art, and sound team is amazing, it's normally the implementation of either perks or killer powers is what detracts from the overall experience

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

the design team always does a good job, the cosmetics and characters they come up with never cease to amaze me

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

I do not agree sadly:

The twins look amazing, and the sounds are just incredible. I don't know how viktors voice actor managed to make the screeching noises, but bravo!

• The look alright but only recolours, 1 not so amazing other outfit and then 1 outfit which is a locked set....big fail on that part, standard they look alright but just bland and boring, im also sad they did not jump on the fact that the two are french, I would love Charlotte whisper/saying Frere when switchin to Victor and Victor saying Soeur when switching to charlotte, but I do agree the noises made by victor are good.

The survivor's voice actor is also pretty good, even tho the noise becomes annoying after some hours. But I appreciate this level of voice acting.

• The survivors voice actor is just ok, nothing remarkable, just another voice of grunts and screams.

The skins also look amazing, especially the trapper one, it's badass.

• Ermm well like I said with the twins, no, and the trapper one is decent but again...a freaking set, if it wasnt a set I would have bought it and ran the goathead on some different body, locked sets are the worst

And before I read through the comments about how bhvr only releasing cosmetics instead of fixing bugs, the design team and the bug fixing team are COMPLETELY different. Be mad on the bugs if you want, but you have to admit that the cosmetics and characters, as always, look pretty dope.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited December 2020

I thought it was already known that the design team are the best part of the BHVR? 😍

If only the rest of the team could be that good at their job like them...