Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Adept twins not working.

AJA
AJA Member Posts: 17

Hello.

Someone previously post that adept twins is not working because of the emblem system, and it got flagged as "not a bug". This is a bug however. Ive atempted this way too many times now, and I make sure to hook every survivor 3 times each, with a total of 12 hooks (which is the maximum amount of hooks you can get in a game ) - and I keep getting bronze or silver in the Devout emblem. This is preventing me and many other players from getting the adept achievement.

10 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Bane_of_Games
    Bane_of_Games Member Posts: 92

Well, if it makes you feel any better it's not because of the emblems. I got 4 Iridescent emblems and still didn't get Adept.

And before you ask, yes, I hit refresh on the achievements page. Then, just for good measure, I turned the game off, exited Steam, reopened Steam, restarted the game, played another round as the Twins with only their perks, got The Game as my map (again), finished the match (only 1 kill from someone bleeding out), had a deep philosophical discussion with one of the survivors about why we even bother playing DBD anymore and in true philosopher fashion could not find an answer. And still no achievement.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

I was the original reporter whose post got locked as "not a bug", but I am experiencing this issue as well along the same lines as the original reporter.

Conditions:

-Playing the Twins in a public match

-In red ranks, thus requiring 16 pips for a merciless victory

-Got 11 hook states (3 triple hooks and 1 double hook) with all survivors sacrificed on the hook, but only got gold devout.

-Got the other 3 emblems as iridescent

-Only could max out at 15/16 pips, and thus cannot obtain Adept Twins without deranking to a rank that grants a merciless victory with fewer than 16 pips.

• KwwB
    KwwB Member Posts: 75

Pips mean nothing for Merciless Victory unless something has recently changed. Every "Adept" killer challenge in the past, a merciless victory just means getting a 4k.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    edited December 2020

Tally Screen Results

"Merciless Killer".

• 16 Killer Goals would result in +2 Rank Pips and the win message

And also,..

Nothing wrong, huh?

btw. Did you see the message on tally as Merciless?

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426

This might not mean anything after all if you check the other achievement percentage rates.

Of the six new achievements, only the Eloise one has .1% completion, while all the others sit at 0% still like the Twins adept. However, I've seen a few people my friend list nail the 8 perk-less escapes already, so I know that achievement isn't really zero competitions either.

Steam probably just rounds to a tenth of a percent for the global player base statistics, so that 0 doesn't necessarily mean anything about it being bugged or not.

• maaadinsomniac

Ofc, it's too early but it doesn't mean it's not actually bugged for some people over here. As you can see above, this guy have his Merciless Killer but he didn't unlock his Adept achievement yet.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426

….hence "doesn't necessarily mean anything about it being bugged or not."

• Sacha418
    Sacha418 Member Posts: 5

Can confirm there's a bug with the Devout Emblem for me aswell, 11 hooks out of 12 possible three times in a row and got two golds and a silver devout emblem, wich none makes sense.

Made a thread on thecnical issues since I'm new to the forum and came here to check if I was the only one:

• Mox
    Mox Member Posts: 16

AND Victor spawning in the texture, and he can't move-.-' This is a bad joke. Congratulation Bhvr! Nice job!

• Ribbles
    Ribbles Member Posts: 115
    edited December 2020

I got Adept twins no problem not sure why it works for me but not you.

• Bane_of_Games
    Bane_of_Games Member Posts: 92

Yes, I did see "Merciless Killer" on the tally screen. Didn't have screensnip up at the time do didn't catch it.

And I now also having problems with the Devout emblem. I was under the impression that Devout is counted in 1s.

This is after at least 9 hook actions (every survivor hooked at least twice and the final survivor I know was hooked 3 times, I lost count otherwise), sacrificed all 4 survivors and somehow that counts as silver. Yep. I'm gonna say this is a bug. Game was on the Coal Tower, last 2 survivors sacrificed with 2 gens left, don't know if the perks are relevant but here they are (I wonder if it's possible Breakdown is causing a problem with the count).

So that's twice now I've been robbed of the achievement. #prettygoodjobsofar

• maaadinsomniac

I've seen on the stream of hexy how he manage to obtain this achievement. He didn't use Victor whole match, just doing his M1 Killer thing and he manage to get 10 hooks, 4K,.. some gens are done but in the end he unlocked his Adept Twins achievement and have Merciless Victory.

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 97

Yep I posted about this as well and am getting silver devout when im getting 10-12 hooks. Should be iridescent. I was hoping i could get adept quickly after release before they all know how to play against the twins.

• StrawberryShake
    StrawberryShake Member Posts: 15

Did you maybe take a longer break from the game? This was changed with the Plague release patch in 2019 and since then you need enough emblem score for +2 pips to get killer adept achievements.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

lol this crap again. it happened with the Legion release too, I got merciless killer as Legion with their perks 3 times, it never popped until the 4th time, which was like 2 months later.

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

Which is kinda stupid. Survivors only need to escape. It was particularly bad on Plague, because the emblem system didn't reward her well because her power is an instant down. But that isn't relevant. I have been having the same issue with the Twins.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

Can confirm that I was able to get Adept Twins this way at Rank 1. Can't really say I was adept at the Twins, since I never used one of them to get it, but I got the achievement, so gg BHVR.