Lets talk about camping, My oppinion about such unnecessary complain <3

Options

Killer main here(?) [not really but love more playing killer...]

Well most people get frustated when camped but there two different situations:

a, when a killer hooks and he sees other survivers forcing an unhook, it's a stale then, no one wins!

b, killer camps because feels threatened (i know #########, but he's a player no-else, playing killer in this pre-PTB is still hard as balls), yet no one is there and he knows! Smart ppl do gens, force the game to accelerate and know that at least one kill its natural to happend... They'r just happy isn't them!

So yea this is my opinion on camping, it's decent as it is... In my humble oppinion a more fair camping comes with a more balanced gameplay (no crucht perks, buffing killers like freedy/ reworking killers like bubba, and of course buffing or giving meaning to perks like dejavu un etc.)

• Schulz

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Yeah, I believe that if the killer doesnt feel threatened anymore because he is powerfull by himself, then this would reduce camping by at least 90%, but sadly survivors dont want to play against a powerful creature, so its not going to happen and we will stick to camping :sarcastic:

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Overall survivors shouldn't complain when a killer is camping for multiple reasons, especially when they're SWF:

Killer Feels Threaten:
    -He knows a survivor is nearby waiting for the unhook (AKA: BBQ doesn't reveal any survivors or the killer has seen a survivor in the general area of where the survivor is hooked at).

Generator Rush Penalty:
    -Exit gates are powered on within the first 5 minutes, so the killer camps to secure a kill/pip rather than letting that survivor get unhooked and escape.

BM (Bad Manners):
    -Tea-bagging or any form of insult that offends the killer will make you more likely to be camped.

Inexperienced/New to DbD:
    -Killer doesn't know that camping is usually ineffective but at lower ranks, camping works due survivors being inexperienced so the killer will continue to do this until he starts to get punished by higher ranked survivors.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Camping is a fine mecanic for the original concept of the game :
    Camping means your teammates is doing an efficient and effective distraction in order for you to repair and escape. You are not meant to save someone getting camped. And yes, it sucks to get caught and camped, but it happens, and this kind of situation is bound to happen in a 4v1 game.

• Angelos455
    Angelos455 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    What about giving points to the survivor on the hook when generators pop? Being camped helps the rest of the team escape...
  • hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121
    Options

@Angelos455 said:
    What about giving points to the survivor on the hook when generators pop? Being camped helps the rest of the team escape...

But when all the generators are powered there is not much you can do anymore as a killer

• Schulz_The_Ugly
    Schulz_The_Ugly Member Posts: 61
    Options

@Angelos455 said:

no, the point is not getting grabed :/

• Angelos455
    Angelos455 Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I suggested that so as to adress the camping problem. Being camped is very frustrating, at least why not get points for that? I am sure the killer does not want to give away free points, while he is losing points. That will also encourage survivors to deal with camp properly (by rushing gens)
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

The camping thing is very simple. No one wants to do it really.

If survivors are hook rushing, I'll camp so hard...

Like if I see someone close by, and I hook. I'm not going to go the other way, I'll take a swat at them, and stay by the hook. It's obvious SWF bait.

Not happening. If killers were more in control camping wouldn't be so much of a "thing" for sure.

When I'm playing killer (RANK 1 console killer) I feel like I'm not in control sometimes, so I have to camp in certain situations. Then there's the ignorant entitled survivors that think killers shouldn't camp no matter what.

There's a time and place for camping. Believe it people.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I love playing trapper but just watch a trapper facecamp the basement horribly and nail 2 ppl and almost get the 3rd. I did gens since i knew what was happening but tried saving the 3rd person only to have the camper come back into range at last second and insta down me as rescue finished.

His response afterwards is camping is how you win, i said not really. It's a crutch and as a trapper I get 4 sacs quite often. Sometimes i get less but i refuse to camp since you don't get any better at lower ranks by doing it.

I can understand it at really high tiers 1-5 or against SWF groups but good grief talk about blinders and needing a crutch.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

@powerbats said:
    I love playing trapper but just watch a trapper facecamp the basement horribly and nail 2 ppl and almost get the 3rd. I did gens since i knew what was happening but tried saving the 3rd person only to have the camper come back into range at last second and insta down me as rescue finished.

His response afterwards is camping is how you win, i said not really. It's a crutch and as a trapper I get 4 sacs quite often. Sometimes i get less but i refuse to camp since you don't get any better at lower ranks by doing it.

I can understand it at really high tiers 1-5 or against SWF groups but good grief talk about blinders and needing a crutch.

No more of a crutch than the survivor perk metas really.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

@powerbats said:

No more of a crutch than the survivor perk metas really.

True, I had an idea how to fix perks by making non self perks a 1 time use only. That was they'd be way more strategic in usage.