How will you pay for the New Chapter?

Options
Setsune
Setsune Member Posts: 71
edited May 2018 in General Discussions

Before you Vote, ask yourself these questions;

• Were the new changes good enough for you? (cosmetics, animations...)
  • Did the new killer/survivor reach your expectations?
  • How do you feel about the new perks, OP, underwhelming?
  • Did they solve the current issues? (pallet looping, other issues...)

Do you feel the content shoud be supported with money or its simply just not enough and they need to work harder on the changes?

https://strawpoll.me/15797852

If you have that extra minute to vote on the strawpoll, please tell me 2 things in the comments;

• Did you buy any previous DLC or will this be the first DLC you buy and you will keep buying them from now on.

I'm honestly curious about what you guys feel, sorry about the long post.

Comments

• Setsune
    Setsune Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2018
    Options

I will tell you guys how i feel,
    I voted Money and have all the DLCs before this one.

Altho, i feel like im only paying for the new perks... since the rest looks to me like, weak killer, recycled map, no terror radious sound... no issues fixed, underwhelming.

• Bint
    Bint Member Posts: 60
    Options

I will almost definitely buy the DLC once it comes out. I've bought all the previous ones when they've been on sale, apart from the Pig chapter, which I bought straight away.

Thing is, I spend a lot of hours in this game - a few hours a night usually! Its worth paying for in my opinion! That said, the only cosmetics I've bought has been the Bloodstained Sack, and I bought that when it was on sale. I'm not overly keen on buying things that don't really affect gameplay. I'll probably spend some of the in-game currency on a couple of killer cosmetics, but I'm more interested in playing with new survivors/killers.

Basically, I'm happy to pay hard-earned cash for content, not so much for cosmetics.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

I say real money just for the perks. In a way the Killer met my expectations, because I was expecting a low tier, mid tier at best Killer and that's what we got. I'm honestly just buying it immediately because the shrine will be down for 2 weeks to a month and I want his perks for my other Killers. He is kind of fun, too. Like Doctor, a bad Killer but still a little fun.
    I have bought every dlc before this(except for music and stuff) and probably will continue buying unless we get another Freddy.

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Member Posts: 44
    Options

I would and def buy for real money my reasons:
    1. You help the developers!
    2. I don't have the time to grind for ~30hours for a chapter as devs said. And I'm really impatient so I don't want to wait over a period of time for it if I am grinding.

having said those I don't care if killers are weak (I buy mainly for killer), it's just cool to have something different to play with, makes it more fun and unique. I hate playing as one killer or two and thats it..

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

I will most likely spend money on all cosmetics I want and unlock characters.

1 it helps the developers
    2 I prefer to spend shards on experience to level my characters.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Possibly real money.
    Not because I don't have the time to farm the content but because the devs actually did some good job for that DLC and probably earned that money.
    We'll see for the actual release tho. A clown nerf could change my mind about that.

• HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Setsune said:

Do you feel the content shoud be supported with money or its simply just not enough and they need to work harder on the changes?

If you have that extra minute to vote on the strawpoll, please tell me 2 things in the comments;

• Did you buy any previous DLC or will this be the first DLC you buy and you will keep buying them from now on.

.yes they were fantastic
    .yes they're fun 
    .no they're decent . with certain builds you feel their power 
    .yes they change dead hard , pallet vacuum , hatch stand off , and much more 

With this update devs proved that they care about the game and honestly I don't get it when you say work harder , this company isn't rockstar or Bethesda , it's behavior , it's new and if we support them well enough they will hire more people to do things faster . 
    I will absolutely buy the new chapter !!!
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    The perks and design are interesting. I might buy it... Kate's perks are fun.

Or buy a licensed character since I don't own all of them 🤔
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@Runiver said:
    Possibly real money.
    Not because I don't have the time to farm the content but because the devs actually did some good job for that DLC and probably earned that money.
    We'll see for the actual release tho. A clown nerf could change my mind about that.

Yeah, I thought about getting it through playtime but I think I'll buy my DLC, and earn my cosmetics.

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

I always buy the killer DLC's. It's priced cheap and I like to support the devs.

New killers are usually at least fun at low ranks for a few days, even if they are garbage.

And yes I bought every DLC that isn't just skins.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Money once again. I feel devs are going the right direction with this next patch so I want to continue to support them. They took what 5-6 months to get this to us and I feel that if they continue this way we'll eventually get to a healthy state of the game where both sides could be equaly powerfull. Also I got addicted to stomping people as clown so I have to have him and stomp people (but not kill them by it).

• Daltonio
    Daltonio Member Posts: 22
    Options

I voted for buy it with real money. I’m a PS4 player so I haven’t been able to play them at all, but the new killer and survivor both look great and a lot of fun. I’ve bought all the available DLC’s as soon as they were available to this point and will continue to do so (not sure about the overpriced cosmetics though).

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    Options

I'll just buy it the old fashioned way. If I have enough shards to unlock both characters the next time there is a DLC, maybe I'll take that route. Maybe not.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

After some more extensive testing :
    I'll definitely buy it with money.
    They earned that money.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited June 2018
    Options

If I continue playing the game after all of the content is released (which is a big IF, it depends on how some other things go), then I'm definitely all about paying money. I'll probably pay money for the DLC & money for the cosmetics that I'm really interested in, then shards for whatever ridiculous things I'll probably use once in a stupid meme game. But I also paid for all the DLC & cosmetics packs before the store was created, too.

As someone who does art & 3D modeling as a hobby, I just really like to support artists & developers.

Post edited by mintchapstick on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Setsune said:

I will never ever spend money on DLCs again if I can acquire them with shards too, unless I want a licensed killer, but then I look at freddy and pig, well.....

If I decide to spend any more money on the game, then this will be for aura-only skins, but at the moment I am still waiting for balance changes and wont spend any more money before they happen

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415
    Options

@Master said:

@Setsune said:

I will never ever spend money on DLCs again if I can acquire them with shards too, unless I want a licensed killer, but then I look at freddy and pig, well.....

If I decide to spend any more money on the game, then this will be for aura-only skins, but at the moment I am still waiting for balance changes and wont spend any more money before they happen

Sums up my feelings as well. I won't spend another penny.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I'm inclined to say I may go ahead and buy it.

• I liked the previous chapter a lot. I know Amanda is not for everybody, but I enjoy the hell out of her. She's my second favorite killer.
    • What I saw in the PTB was encouraging, although a part of me is holding my breath that I may get disappointed in the end.

We'll see how it goes

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:
    I'm inclined to say I may go ahead and buy it.

• I liked the previous chapter a lot. I know Amanda is not for everybody, but I enjoy the hell out of her. She's my second favorite killer.
    • What I saw in the PTB was encouraging, although a part of me is holding my breath that I may get disappointed in the end.

We'll see how it goes

If you are not sure yet, why not just wait and buy it with shards?

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    I’ll buy a lot this patch. I’ve bought every DLC so far and the developers are really actually trying to balance the game, so I feel they’ve earned my money. 

Plus, they charge very little compared to most other games for what’s offered. DBD developers are very humble with the prices they ask. Most of this stuff would be double on other games. People are against micro-transactions, I get that. However, when the prices are more than reasonable I see no issue with it. Even more so that you can just play to pay. 
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2018
    Options

They didn't exceed my expectations but they didn't let me down either. I wont pay for it but i will try and earn it through playtime. I dont mind the perks. Kates perks seem meh but they could be useful with the right combination of perks. The only perk i am interested in however is bamboozle. I think that could possibly be a new Meta perk since it can shutdown the old infinite's completely. Cowtree, ironworks of misery, etc.

Also no i do not feel they fixed pallet looping with this update. Shortened loops yes but not eliminated it. Still it will be nice to not be robbed of my well deserved hit because of the vacuum so that is a win in my books.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

@SadonicShadow

Being able to kill the killer shack window is such a boon, so it'll be useful regardless of which map is rolled.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    @SadonicShadow

Being able to kill the killer shack window is such a boon, so it'll be useful regardless of which map is rolled.

That the primary reason why i will be running it. It completely shuts down the killer shack and forces the pallet drop. Its going to be really nice. It will also help in the jungle gyms.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Options
    Bint said:

I will almost definitely buy the DLC once it comes out. I've bought all the previous ones when they've been on sale, apart from the Pig chapter, which I bought straight away.

Thing is, I spend a lot of hours in this game - a few hours a night usually! Its worth paying for in my opinion! That said, the only cosmetics I've bought has been the Bloodstained Sack, and I bought that when it was on sale. I'm not overly keen on buying things that don't really affect gameplay. I'll probably spend some of the in-game currency on a couple of killer cosmetics, but I'm more interested in playing with new survivors/killers.

Basically, I'm happy to pay hard-earned cash for content, not so much for cosmetics.

I agree whole heartedly, although I'd rather wear my prestige clothes instead of any cosmetics since the prestige outfits show that you have some experience with the killers or survivors and provide slight benefits in game. Especially P3 outfits for Freddy and Claudette since it helps keep them stealthy.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    I’ll be spending money. I would like to save my shards for cosmetics and perks and I don’t want to wait to access the new characters. I want all of Clown’s teachables ASAP.
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

30 hours to grind? Is that for killer alone or both? It doesn't even matter because I'd rather use that 30 hours to put to the bloodweb as I unlock the DLC with a measly $8.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

As the guy says in Storage wars - "Money!"

I'll be purchasing this content, it'll go across two PS4's so I think of it as two DLC for price of one.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I'll probably buy everything I want with money.

I'm hoping everything bought through the store regardless of currency or playtime is reflected on your steam account as a purchase so there is proof you bought something if you somehow lose it. Whether it be listed as DLC or shown in your steam inventory.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

Depend of what change (if change) is made to the chapter.
    From what I have played I like the clown and he might manage to get me back in the killer (oversized clown) shoes if he doesn't get a huge nerf before or shortly after release that is.

So I might buy it with money.

• danvain
    danvain Member Posts: 7
    Options

I've purchased all DLC up to this point because I wanted to support the devs and this great game. However, I'm a sucker for getting things for free where I can so I will probably try to obtain everything with in game currency...just depends on the grind and how much patience I have.

• Twille
    Twille Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2018
    Options

Not sure about this one.
    I find as a whole the new cosmetics are very underwhelming. I was expecting a lot more.. at least a few gorgeous skins to every character that wasn't "leased"
    I've ranked up about 400 hours in this game now, and the conclussion I've come to is this.
    The game as a survivor (my main) is pretty fun, I don't even bother with killer cause of the balance.
    But it takes ######### forever for them to fix ANYTHING. It's the slowest studio I've come across when it comes to balance fixes.
    I don't even know what they are doing all day long.
    I've bought all dlc so far at full price, but I don't know about this one. Feels like nothing is happening in this game.
    It needs dedicated servers and balance fixes ASAP.
    If I continue playing I might just grind the stuff I want with playtime, cause after how they are doing they don't deserv anymore of my money. (since i've already payed for everything else)

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Options

Cash, I've bought all the DLC up to this point (and some I've bought twice since I play both PC and PS4).
    I don't see that changing, I'm way to impatient to grind.

I'll keep my shards for cosmetics or BP from the shrine.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Eh, in game currency, I always go that way unless its something I MUST have, which the clown is good from what I have been able to play. But not worth cash, at least to me.

If any of the other DLCs were play time currency, I would've done that or had I known a patch like this would come, I would have waited, but that is in the past.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

Depending on the DLC price, I will probably buy it. I do not mind buying the DLCs. The cosmetics, yeah that is going to be purely in game

• ZarStocher
    ZarStocher Member Posts: 59
    Options

The last DLC I bought was Nightmare on Elm Street. It was quite surprising how hard they nerfed Freddy to make him the last killer on the tier list. Since then I'm quite sceptical of new chapters since the last few have shown that it is better to wait and see, but if they do a pretty good job in making a good and fun killer to play and play against, I will buy this one or the next.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

HOW WILL YOU PAY FOR THE NEW CHAPTER?

In-game currency.

Were the new changes good enough for you? (cosmetics, animations...)

New animations are fine, but nothing special.
    About 25% of the cosmetics are fine, the rest are awful , ugly, ill-fitting garbage that I would very much like to never see again.

Did the new killer/survivor reach your expectations?

Survivors are just skins, so I do not care about Kate. Once I unlock her teachables I am never putting a level into her again, back to Claudette for me.
    Clown is unsurprisingly mediocre.

How do you feel about the new perks, OP, underwhelming?

Bamboozle is okay, Boiling Point is what D.Strike should be, rest are pretty standard. No real complaints on other side

Did they solve the current issues? (pallet looping, other issues...)

Absolutely not.

DO YOU FEEL THE CONTENT SHOUD BE SUPPORTED WITH MONEY OR ITS SIMPLY JUST NOT ENOUGH AND THEY NEED TO WORK HARDER ON THE CHANGES? /Did you buy any previous DLC or will this be the first DLC you buy and you will keep buying them from now on.

I have purchased every DLC that is currently on the Steam store.
    I am not giving BHVR any more money until they fix the game balance.
    Fully fixed.
    Everything from pallets, items, addons, looping, SWF, perks, generator times, useless killers, bad maps design, totems, ect., ect., ect.
    Everything.
    Until then they wont be seeing another penny from me.

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

Gonna buy the DLC as usual and drop some cash to get the black nurse bride outfit for my main.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

@Dragonredking said:
    Depend of what change (if change) is made to the chapter.
    From what I have played I like the clown and he might manage to get me back in the killer (oversized clown) shoes if he doesn't get a huge nerf before or shortly after release that is.

So I might buy it with money.

Never mind that, since recent evenement came to light I won't be giving behavior any shekels until they either made all the data collected by redshell public or get rid of it.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

Two things 1) I think cosmetics cost a bit much. MORE IMPORTANTLY, will chapter bundle be bought in game or in PlayStation/steam store... PLEASE BE IN PLAYSTATION/STEAM STORE!

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I will be buying with money.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options
    To quote Randy Moss, “straight cash homie”.
  • Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535
    Options

I've paid full price for this game all the way since release, since I loved it and always wanted the latest content right away. But that being said,

IF, and that is a HUGE IF, I buy this DLC, it'll be with cash. Never minded supporting BHVR, DLC keep them going, and they have thrown us a bone when they can. But the current issues with balance, have tainted the game for me. Until they start fixing those issues , its very doubtful I'll spend anymore on this game, since I've really stopped playing it for over a couple months now.

The game may not be dead or dying, but it for sure stopped being fun for me.

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
    edited June 2018
    Options

I will probably buy the DLC, with cash. I have bought every DLC available through the steam store with the exception of the soundtrack and one DLC I was gifted.

However, with the newest revelations about the RedShell spyware and the fact that they are ripping us off with the price for auric cells packages, I feel a lot more hesitant to purchase future content. Shame, after investing 2.5K hours over the past 2 years.

• paganSK
    paganSK Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2018
    Options

i buy dlc { 8$ } and ONLY few pieces of new clothes for survivor - not complete outfits.
    pink tshirt for ace + swagg beard
    and something for my Legacy3 Nea

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    edited June 2018
    Options

@RagingCalm said:
    I say real money just for the perks. In a way the Killer met my expectations, because I was expecting a low tier, mid tier at best Killer and that's what we got. I'm honestly just buying it immediately because the shrine will be down for 2 weeks to a month and I want his perks for my other Killers. He is kind of fun, too. Like Doctor, a bad Killer but still a little fun.
    I have bought every dlc before this(except for music and stuff) and probably will continue buying unless we get another Freddy.

They said the shrine would be down for 2 days

Edit: Jack covered me with new info..

• Jack11803
    Options

@Zanfer

2 WEEKS

• Zanfer
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Setsune said:

I'm just glad they didn't go the lootbox route like other games cause that ######### is annoying. I will only buy license content.

• Zanfer
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @Zanfer

2 WEEKS

was this said on the forums recently?

• Jack11803
    Options

@Zanfer

It used to be pinned on reddit, also it’s stated the block on the shrine ends the 26~ish