A LOT of Keys now..

Might just be a bad night, or being unlucky, but I've just played a sixth game in a row and there was a key in all of them.

It wasn't like this before, has the mori nerf and the conclusion of keys getting nerfed soon as well made survivors want to use them before they get changed?

Because if so, I'm happy to tunnel and bring franklins lol

Comments

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

Insidious Bubba time;)

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I've already seen a bunch of them. 1st game of the day was a camping Bubba. I saw more of them yesterday than I have in months.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

Seems some folk aren't talking this change to heart, either that or they enjoy staring at my shirtless David;)

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

confirmation bias + who the hell cares?

• Quenuo
    Quenuo Member Posts: 19

The problem with the keys is that with complete keys you can see the killer's aura without him knowing it, which is much better than OoO

• Gerneral_Buckness
    Gerneral_Buckness Member Posts: 100

Lots of Keys probably because of the Rift challenge.

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

Does anyone have any BHVR statistics on the percentage of key hatch openings? My experience has been that it is 5% or less. I would love to know the actual key escape Percentages.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I see keys all the time. Hatch escapes are still pretty rare for me.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

thats why the change to moris should of happened with the keys change, all at the same time but of course as usual survivors getting benefits first.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Been playing all day and I've only seen 1 person with a key, and they only used it when all gens were already done.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

only problem is the queue time for survivors already in the killer lobby is instant because one killer leaves, the next is placed into queue because they are not booted back to the swf lobby like before.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Compare hatch escape rates with keys to 3-4K rates with the old Ebony Mori, I’m pretty sure you’ll find the latter is a lot more common.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

So you'd rather it go back to what it was before where everyone gets booted back into the lobby because a Killer dodges?

That's the stupidest thing I've heard on here in awhile.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

I tunnel anyone bringing in a key. Sorry ahead of time.

It's ridiculous to be dominating a match and then suddenly see 2+ survivors exit the game prematurely. Just expect to be tunneled when carrying one and we'll all get along fine.

• crowbarman

Objects dropped don't eventually disappear? Or is that only when add-ons force you to drop it?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

The only objects that vanish are the ones knocked out of your hands by Franklin's Demise.

• Freki

I said no such thing. I was pointing out that dodging does nothing to the group you dodge. this is ALL I SAID. please show me where I said i'd like it to revert back to that? I did mention how it used to be but not that i wanted it to go there.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Yesterday had a key every single match.

Today nothing, zero, not a single one.

As long as it's not every single match i can tolerate keys

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Idk, I played a ton of killer last night and only saw one key, (with a map) and it was just a console duo that were incredibly bad (a minute in I had both of them on the hook, and one of their randoms) so it wasn't anything to complain about

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

There has been increase past couple weeks because of the "escape through hatch" challenge.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

I saw Mandy say in a post yesterday that keys were only 2% of escapes.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Sadly this is to be expected with a Mori nerf, I really was hoping when they did this that keys/hatch would be looked at as well.

Now survivors don't think "If I bring a key, they might bring a mori..."

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

What's the point of your post then?

Everyone already knows Survivors no longer go back to the search queue and Killer's do?

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

I've seen at least one key, either found or brought in, every two rounds or so.

None of those using one managed to get the hatch from me, but it's a thing.

• Freki

the person i was responding to was indicating they dodge because they have insta queue anyways, as if it'd be a detriment to the survivors and make their wait that much longer.

• crowbarman

Thanks. That's too bad - seems like a potential nerf then would be to see all items, regardless of how you set it down, eventually consumed after a set number of minutes.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

Well they said Keys were going to get nerfed too so hopefully that’ll happen during the Mid-Chapter patch rather than later.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

I would like to see the wider explanation of what @MandyTalk said. Were that escapes through hatch opened by key? Because the only relevant statistics in this case would be the total number of escapes in games with key and no mori.

• anprimgang1978
    anprimgang1978 Member Posts: 21

This. Had a game with Pyramid Head a few days ago where a 3 man group of swf (all red ranks btw, what a surprise lol) had one person bring a key and the blueprint offering that makes hatch spawn next to the shack no matter what. I was doing pretty good and had gotten all three of them to 3rd hook, but they all ended up escaping though the hatch in the span of 2 seconds, leaving the brown rank Jake to die alone (I ended up just letting him go too because I felt bad and knew I was gonna get entity displeased regardless). That play style is so incredibly unfun to deal with because unless you play like a freak and manage to kill two or three of them within 5 minutes, it's a guaranteed escape. No counter play is available to somehow make it able to be dealt with, and all it takes is one person to bring a key to do this, meaning that the other three survivors can bring instaheals or brand new parts to make it even worse.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Ever since they butchered moris I have seen keys during more game than not. Seems the threat of a mori kept them fairly in check, now with that gone they are everywhere. I ended up quitting until keys get fixed, it is so stressful to play as killer when there is a key and I find it just outright not fun.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

I usually just dodge the lobby if I see any sort of key. I don't wanna sweat in a game just so I can get robbed. Then again there's always a chance of a key spawning in a chest.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

Well for years people have been stocking up unused keys because any time they brought one in, they were guaranteed to be targeted and mori'd.

So we've basically had a cold war's amount of surplus in keys. It'll eventually die out but until key changes come or untill the nukes run out you're probably going to see a lot more.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

There's a challenge to escape via hatch. And just like I saw an increase in ebony moris before the change, it would make sense that survivors want to put them to use since they spent the bp on them already before they're gone. The challenge needs to go. It makes the game worse for both sides, but I'm sure they'll keep putting those in.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I play entirely as a solo survivor. Keys are incredibly rare for me on PS4. Unless of course they put that obnoxious challenge into the tome.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It's like when toolboxes were being nerfed, you want to use them while they hold value. Plus now that killers can not counter it with old Mori, it's safe to bring them. So yeah people will use keys now.