Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dead Hard Broken

Please fix deadhard. The feature that makes it so that you push the button, get hit, then end up exhausted on the ground sucks. Please nerf the exhausted on floor effect, thank you.

Comments

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Here's the main issue.. Dead Hard use to give you the Mettle of Man effect when you were hit during the animation. At some point this was removed so you're no longer invincible during the dash.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Using the perk triggers exhaustion; I'm not sure how you would propose fixing that, since it is intended. You need to learn to time it better.

SOURCE: 2,200 hours in-game, still Dead Hard into walls.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Server latency causes this perk to not trigger from server's perspective if you use it at the very last moment or if killer had high latency.

Hit validation is currently killer-sided so their game "version" has priority.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

She speaks the truth. You can find in dev streams more details about hit validation and the impact of latency. DH is extremely sensitive to it due to its low duration.

• dbdfan92
    dbdfan92 Member Posts: 24

Thanks for the replies and great information y'all. Would anyone recommend dead harding early then instead of waiting for the killer to start their attack animation? Not going to lie, I usually wait till I see the start of a weapon lifting and when it works, it's wonderful. The last week though, I've been getting the exhausted on the floor issue. I know hit validation has been off due to Oni issues which is understandable.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited December 2020

I'd say vast majority of decent players barely ever use dh to dodge hits (unless it's nurse/spirit/huntress). It's used to to a pallet/vault in time when being slightly late otherwise; this way dh wins you a lot of time rather reliably.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

DH for dodge is dependent on the killer's latency. If you experienced hits after finishing a fast vault or pallet drop in the match, don't try to dodge. The most consistent use of DH is for distance, when you try to extend one more loop before dropping a pallet. I would say to focus on the second and avoid dodging at all.

• dbdfan92
    dbdfan92 Member Posts: 24

You guys are absolutely right about the usage of dead hard. Sometimes I use it to avoid a hit, usually it's to fix a mistake I made while looping. I think maybe I've just been a little bummed that I haven't been able to use it reliably lately. For real though, it's probably user error more then it is a bug. I'm going to start using it to extend chases via making vaults or pallets I normally wouldn't and see if that makes a difference rather than using it to avoid a hit.

Again, thanks for the advice and feedback. I'd rather use that and change/adapt the way I play rather than just be salty that the perk isn't working the way I want it to 👍

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

what are you talking about? it never gave the mettle of man effect it just made the hit miss.