The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If the next killer power is another that survivors can just sidestep or zig zag, I’m going to scream

I can’t take it anymore, and it’s exactly why I persist with Clown the way I do, because this nonsense doesn’t work against him because of his AoE.

I get the impression that when designing a killer, that how it will be played on console takes very little consideration at all. Perhaps even none.

It’s been a concerning trend since Stranger Things (with the exception of Oni), that all a survivor needs to do to avoid 5 of the most recent killers main offensive power that can injure/down is to simply zig zag or side step. Twins has been the worst offender yet of this problem, because of how exacerbated this issue is with the heavy punishment for a single miss.

Mouse & keyboard killers may have less issues landing hits with Shred, The Redeemer, PoTD, Lethal Rush, or Pounce, but even when jacking the turn sensitivity all the way up for a controller, keeping visual track of the survivor in conjunction with following those movements and predicting those movements with an analogue stick is infuriating.

I’ve literally had matches against red rank survivors today where it was impossible to land any pounce at all. None. This isn’t a frame rate or performance issue as I’m playing this on PS5 at a glorious, consistent 60 FPS. I’d HATE to think how miserable PS4 and XBONE players are having trying to play as Twins.

The other concerning thing about the trend with these powers is that the survivors aren’t having to learn to do anything new at all. Just spin, or zig zag, erratically, or side step last moment. Survivors have done it to death, and it is also far FAR too easy for survivors to do.

Please, there needs to be way WAY more consideration, and testing for how killers like these are played on console, against EXPERIENCED, COMPETENT survivors as part of their design. Or survivor agility needs a genuine, serious look at. We’ve (mostly) all been open to Bloodlust being removed. Surely it’s reasonable to gather data on whether survivor agility needs review?!

Comments