Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What killer should I get out of these 3, and why?

Its between Pyramid Head, Clown and Oni. Im thinking about just getting Pyramid Head with my auric cells then saving up shards to get Clown and Oni.

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Pyramid Head's the strongest out of the three. I like using meme perks on him like Dark Devotion/Nemesis. Just drag your sword during loops and M1 people.

Clown and Oni are fun, but Clowns getting a rework and Oni is kinda hard to get used to when he's charging.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475
    edited December 2020

Its always blight, hes the 2nd best killer in this game and has the best of both worlds for all of their powers, anti-loop by cutting off loop to loop, check, high speed for mobility and lethality, check, being able to use your power at certain times to guarantee hits on survivors, check, hes basically some of all of these thrown into one where the only thing standing between you and using it is skill, sure all 3 of them are great at what they do and are easier for that specific purpose, but blight can do all 3 and more, that said if you have all 3 get clown of pop, or get it out of the shrine

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Pyramid Head, because you can buy either of the other two with Iridescent Shards.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

If one really sticks out to you I say go with that one. That's what I did with plague even though she's difficult and I'm not the best, I really have the most fun when I'm playing her (Or Hag).

But my honest answer is much like everyone above's:

Pyramid Head is very solid and incredibly powerful once you get the hang of him (He's kinda hard at first). His perks aren't the best but they're really fun.

Oni is powerful but he's a snowball killer. Sometimes you can't always snowball but that being said he has great potential. His perks are kind of boring tbh but Nemesis can be comboed with things like Play With Your Food for really interesting strategies.

Clown is one of the worst killers but he's actually pretty fun. A good Clown is terrifying in chase as his power is designed to be anti-looping. Also he has pop goes the weasel which is an insanely good gen regression perk but that's also in the shrine right now (Highly recommend nabbing it).

Also Clown is being reworked sometime soon hopefully and he might end up much better than he is right now. All things to consider

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

Clown has the best perks of the three, Pyramid Head can deny DS if Survivors slip up, and Oni is one of the top Killers in the game. The choice is twofold.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Mechanically Pyramid Head is the most complex killer out of these 3. He has the highest skill ceiling amongst these 3 killers, too. (imo)

Oni has the strongest comeback-potential. His instadown is incredibly strong.

Clown has good perks and will probably be a 1 v 1 chase focused beast after his upcoming rework.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Oni is the only one I have fun against, win or lose, of those three. For what it's worth.

• sqmuxl
    sqmuxl Member Posts: 52

i got pyramid head and am going to get clown and oni with shards

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

PH has a cool mori/execution he can do if the survivor is tormented and on death hook. He is also a pretty solid killer and has a lot of fun tools in his kit. Fewest cosmetics options of the 3 if that matters. His perks are mid-tier at best but each kinda has good synergy with certain builds. Forced Penance is actually very effective with Thana.

Oni is a very strong killer and fun to play. He is fast and scary. Bit more of a learning curve than PH. Weakest in terms of perks, but Nemesis has good synergy with PWYF and other obs perks.

Clown is generally considered the weakest killer in the game, but IMO he is a lot of fun to play. He can end chases quickly and he comes with one of the top perks in the game (Pop) and a second perk that's pretty solid (Bamboozle). He also has the best jokes. He has the most cosmetics in the game of the 3.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Clown is gonna get a rework/buff so wait on him a bit to see what happens.

Oni hits like a track and his blood orbs are a fun secret way to track survivors. But, he does have a curve of learning and on console he sometimes is jank and does not work as intended. However, one shoting people is always a massive huehue in my book. He is like a harder to use billy,but If you get him working he can really bone people. His perks are so-so..Not super bad, but clearly designed with him in mind. You will more then likely drop two of them and keep one for your personal playstyle.

PH i enjoy playing him more cage of Anointment more or less forces people to leave objectives and areas to go save folks and If he tortments someone on their last hook he can auto kill em and still count as a sac. He also, can shoot a massive sword laser out of the ground which can hit mutiple foes. his perks are also baller. Being able to kick gens and be unhearable is very..amusing..Also,he punishes body blocking with one of his perks by forcing broken on people.

Really, with PH you get a good package of perks and a new playstyle.

With Oni, you get a proper one shoter who If you can master get more out of.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Personally I'd say clown > oni > traffic cone.

Clown has the best perks and while not being in the strongest position killer wise he is quite fun to play. Oni ranks next as he is fun to play but his perks aren't quite as good, ol traffic cone last as he can be powerful but I've found his perks to be meh and as I'm not a silent hill fan, I think he's both a rediculous concept and dumb looking killer.

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292

Clown for the perks and Oni or Pyramid head if you want to win.

They're both strong really but the latter is incredibly so but I am pretty sure they're looking to Nerf PH so if you want a more reliable lifetime then Oni

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155

Not clown. Anybody but clown. Even Nea is a preferable alternative to clown.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

some notes about each:

Clown:

• Has the best perks (Pop is top tier for almost every killer)
    • Is getting reworked soon (likely pretty buffed)
    • Is the worst of the 3

PH:

• Can't be bought with Shards, so you can't buy him later unless you spend money
    • Has a nice ranged style attack and is a decent killer
    • His perks are terrible

Oni:

• Most fun of the 3 to play
    • Probably the hardest of the 3 to play
    • Perks aren't great
  • The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Clown

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

Like you said OP. Buy Pyramid Head since you can buy the other 2 with shards.

He is also my Main and it's really fun to use his PotD. I always go for them, even if I lose, it's worth it. Hitting someome trough a building or a wall is so beatiful.

Unless I go win mode, then I play him what some People might find "boring". I M1 more often than not. But usually I go for my PotD.

• Nossy
    Nossy Member Posts: 118

Like most people said, Clown is surely the weak link (maybe the weakier of all killers) tho to me he must be one of the most fun killers to play to me, his playstyle add mindgame to the chase where most OP Killers just deny it (and if youre good with, most chase will be short too xD).

And he have very good add-on (OS, blindness, exhaust (dead hard nope hahahahahahaha...).

Im so glad he will be buff soon cause he deserve so much more.

So it depend on your playstyle, if you like M1 killer, chase & mindgame, Clown is very good. If you want easier game, Oni or PH are more "beginner" friendly cause the map presence and OS potential of the 1rst and all denying of PH (deny chase, loop, second chance perks).

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

I would also suggest Pyramid Head at this moment. Oni is rated a lot higher by people then he really is. I'm not sure why some think his power is better than hillbilly, when hillbilly has it all the time and Oni's is only marginally easier to control.

Pyramid head by far as the most potential and the most frustrating of the three to play against.

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

To each of their own, because I've put blight in my 'never playing again' list along with:

Hillbilly, Doctor and myers /)

• Uncle
    Uncle Member Posts: 11

As has been mentioned, Clown and Oni can be purchased by grinding shards. If you're looking to use cells, the smart thing to do would be to purchase a licensed character. So in this case, I would recommend saving up your Christmas present shards and making a big dent in the cost of one of the other two and pick up Pyramid Head at the current time.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

he just didn't click with you, but hes kinda like nurse in terms of raw skill = raw power

personally I give each killer a few games each but blight was just the best fit for extreme power but without major drawbacks like nurses movement speed

• JasonS
    JasonS Member Posts: 100

I would not buy anything from BVHR until the matchmaking is fixed. Its making the game borderline unplayable.