Killers that can go addonless

Options

Want people's opinion on killers that can go addonless and still take on a swf in a balanced map

Comments

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

pfftt

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

I would say Nurse,Blight,Hag,Freddy,Oni,Pyramid Head,Spirit,Huntress

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

I've done it as Twins and Ghostface, but I practiced Ghostface a lot beforehand and Twins are new to survivors

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

I learned alot of the killers so I can add my opinion onto this

Billy, Pyramid Head, Nurse, Huntress, a good Hag, Spirit, and Freddy

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    edited December 2020
    Options

I predominately play without addons, I'm stingy like that, I'd say I break even in terms of kills.

That's with pretty much all killers.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

depends on the severity of the swf, 1/5 scale

1 decent swf who play for fun but aren't way to experienced

2 newer swf, they have decent hours and decent communication but not quite the skills to keep up

3 group of friends with 1k hours each that try to win but also try to have fun which makes them play slower but more consistant

4 group of friends that try to win every game and are gaining but don't quite have the skills needed to win but can all loop decently for around 30 seconds every chase minimum but have solid communication and coordination to keep you on your toes

5 4 man sweat squad swf, abandon all hope ye who faces them

any killer can do decent against 1-2

most killers stop being good around 3

4-5 are your blight, oni, spirit, nurse games where your killer needs to have tools available that others don't

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794
    Options

Ditto everyone above, but I'd add Pig and Bubba too. I don't use addons for Bubba and win almost every game. Pig's best addon is her brown combat straps. All of her "good" addons buff her Piggy hats, which don't really need buffing.

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183
    Options

I'd say Doctor. All his useful addons do is add more effects to madness. He benefits more from what perks he has than which addons.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I wouldn't say Hag is just as powerful as Nurse. Nurse will always be the best killer in the game (other than her bugs) and unless they rework her, that will never change. Hag has to set up, Nurse does not. Hag's teleport can be taken away (with Flashlight's), Nurse's cannot. Hag is very powerful, yes, but I feel like good SWF's can still deal with her somewhat.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,080
    edited December 2020
    Options

Doctor has addons that increase his shock therapy range and outside of the iri king addon his madness addons do have other effects. One of the more powerful ones being the decreased delay on shock therapy. There's also the one that reveals auras of people who go up in madness tier as a counter to calm spirit too.

I wouldn't say it's fair to say doc's useful addons are just more effects to his madness.

• SilentHillOnDvD
    SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487
    Options

Hag gets full countered by a map lol especially if a swf is on comms it's gg

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Thats fair. My point was moreso he's fine with whatever. Or none. Some killers i hate playing without certain addons. With doctor i dont really care what's equipped. So long as it isnt the ones that change shock to a beam or circle. Eff those ones.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

That's true, but in my near 3 years of playing this game, I have never seen a Nurse get flashlight burned. Hag is definitely good, but again, she only has her web. If you chase in that Web, she's god tier.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570
    Options

Pretty much everyone

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

Actually, you can Lightburn Nurse, though she can immediately Blink and invalidate your attempt, or just not blink at all.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Nurse. Spirit. Blight. Huntress. Pyramid Head. Freddy.

But especially Hag. That lady can take on anything even with no perks.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited December 2020
    Options

The Flashlight burn prevents nurse from blinking, iirc. It's not quite as dramatic as burning a wraith out of cloak.

• SilentHillOnDvD
    Options

Where are people getting this idea from that hag is just god tier? I just can't see a killer that gets countered by flashlight and maps being a godly killer Not to mention smart teams won't let her set up and will have someone following her at all times telling the team where the traps are

• MadLordJack
    Options

Because I took the time to get good with Hag and have absolutely had evenings of perkless, addonless Hag where I absolutely wreck everyone

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585
    Options

Twins can. Their add-ons aren't super good in the first place.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

The lack of Hillbilly being mentioned is concerning to me. A lot of players are really not believers in him. His heat mechanic is not different enough from pre nerf to exclude him from listing as he is definitely amongst the top of addon less killers.

More than Spirit. More than Hag. Both of which their powers are greatly enhanced by addons, and therefore arguably have dependence on them.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Nurse, blight, hag, spirit, oni, freddy, a good huntress, bubba, billy, deathslinger, pyramid head.

The better ones without addons are hag, spirit, nurse, oni, and freddy.

The top 3(in terms of using no addons): Nurse, spirit, freddy.

Nurse because her power is literally OP. Not complaining though.

Spirit because her power is super strong and addons push her closer to the top.

Freddy because he just has a lot in his base kit.

• SilentHillOnDvD
    Options

I was just playing addonless wraith with meme perks and destroyed some not so good survivors does that mean wraith Is a god tier killer?

• MadLordJack
    Options

Tell me when you beat multiple SWF teams with clan tags that you recognise and know are good players because you've faced them several times before.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

In theory, any killer can.

No one ever seems to believe me, but I frequently go add on less with Clown in red ranks. I’ll still dominate a lot of the time (not all the time, but a lot). This is because I already know/learnt exactly how to gas pretty much any loop to make it dangerous for a survivor.

A player just needs to feel very familiar with exactly how a power works at base, and practice getting the most out of it.

The benefit of that is add ons will feel so much more powerful afterward, and it opens up more experimentation with add ons you wouldn’t normally use.

• SilentHillOnDvD
    Options

Not Any Killer wrath for example only moves 10% faster without addons and the best way to play him is hit and run but how can you do that moving so slow? And in fact I played against a p3 clown a couple hours ago in solo that was using reload speed he know how to play loops and everything but lost because we just threw every pallet down and my team actually knew how to do gens he killed me on 2nd hook he had got me healing in basement though

• TheClownIsKing
    Options

It amazes me how often this “just throw pallet early to beat Clown” pops up.

I haven’t had a game yet where this doesn’t just hurt the survivors when so many are used so early.

There are tonnes of loops, where if a pallet is down, and a survivor continues to loop it to vault it, that Clown can gas in the right spots to get a hit in before the survivor gets to vault it. And it loops where the pallet is too safe for Clown, they can just be gotten rid of. If a survivor does a few of these safe ones in succession, just abandon chase, and pressure someone else. They now have less safe pallets to rely on.

It sounds like you had a Clown that didn’t know how to deal with it, especially seeing as he was using double reload add ons, as Clown should NEVER, or hardly ever need to reload mid chase where faster reload speed matters.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,146
    Options

Addon-less:

• Freddy
    • Ghostface
    • Pyramid Head
    • Bubba
    • Nurse

Killers who can get by with a white addon only

• Demogorogon
    • Pig
  • SilentHillOnDvD
    Options

Eh i never said he was reloading mid chase in fact the only time I saw him reload was at hooks and after a down and to say he is bad to run reload addons is a weak argument I wish I recorded the match because its hard to say if he was playing clown like a god or just being a potato

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 949
    Options

Leatherface can go addonless pretty well, based on my time playing him.

90% of the time I just throw on brown addons, and stuff like the Chainsaw File only affects tantrums so it's basically non existant.

• TheClownIsKing
    Options

Apologies. I shouldn’t have been so presumptuous having not seen the match.

My point though is that using up pallets early and quickly against a killer has never been an advantage to survivors. Clown isn’t an exception to this, not in my personal experience holding my own against red ranks since the release of Curtain Call chapter.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Killers that 100% need addons are trapper, wraith, demo, maybe pig, maybe clown. Everyone else is viable without add-ons

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I play every Killer without Add-Ons. Exceptions are Trapper, Wraith and Ghostface, though I am experimenting with Ghostface right now. Maybe he doesn't need them as well.

Trapper at base is horrible, it doesn't feel good. Having only 1 Trap capacity is horrendous.

Wraith at base is to slow while cloaked. Give him green or yellow Windstorm at base and he is perfect.

Ghostface can be alright, but a quicker recovery won't hurt him.

Other than that, I think every other Killer can be played without Add-ons and should be learned without Add-Ons. If you rely on Add-Ons you'll never learn the base power and you'll have to crutch on Add-Ons always.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Especially because Brutal Strength is common on the clown in red ranks , my clown build is STBFL, Brutal Strength, PGTW, and Corrupt Intervention , if survivors just throw down pallets early brutal strength will make survivors pay by taking most the safe zones away in the first chase or two and then there they are with 3 gens left to repair still but no pallets left to save them

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

most killers can play at or near their addon level without addons except:

wraith and trapper

if you arent running addons as wraith or trapper you are going to have a bad time

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Nurse, spirit. Maybe a really good Billy

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

I did no add ons for a killers for a while, just to see how they felt. There were only 3 killers I felt significantly worse with, Clown, Wraith and Trapper. All the others felt weaker, but not terribly so, those 3 just felt bad. Trapper without bags, clown without reload speed or extra bottles and wraith without anything really, gave me a much more difficult time.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

from my own and others (streamers) gameplay experience, quite a few are playable without Add Ons.

• Hillbilly
    • Nurse
    • Huntress
    • Hag
    • Cannibal
    • Nightmare
    • Spirit
    • Legion
    • Oni
    • Deathslinger
    • Executioner
    • Blight

the others i eigther think are Add On dependend or havent seen enough from to know yet.

• Zhon
    Zhon Member Posts: 12
    Options

I'd say 3000h+ of playing and you should start being pretty consistent with any addonless killer. A few people sell this kind of content on Twitch.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

Almost any killer if you've had practise with them.

Only killers who you would probably need addons or you're goign to have it pretty rough is wraith (movement speed addons), hag (range addons), billy (for engravings and cooldown so you can actually flick) and trapper (for sack).

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Demo, Oni, Nurse, Huntress, Pyramid Head, Blight, Deathslinger, Bubba, Spirit and Freddy are all killers that don't need add-ons at all imo. Maybe Billy as well once you get used to the overheat.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

If we're talking about average killer's, none.

If we're talking about pro killer mains, then there's a few. Nurse, spirit, huntress, oni.

That's just my opinion tho

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

everyone but Trapper and Wraith

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

Hag, Spirit, Nurse on almost any map.

Freddy, Huntress, Pyramid-Head, Blight, map dependent.

• Hazraam
    Hazraam Member Posts: 3
    Options

I would say :

Pyramid Head : as a PH main i never play him with addon, and when i do, it is only range addon for nurse's calling and sloppy build.

Blight : I play him alot when im bored of PH, and without addon he is pretty cool too, you just need a lil bit of training.

Hag : she's the stronger killer without addon i think.

Freddy : As blight is, he is strong without addon even.

Other killer : i never have played them or they are in my "non playable without addon" category.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    Options

Most killers can be played with no add-ons... but you want something that can match a SWF with no bonuses?

Nope. Not gonna happen.

Even with add-ons, that list is basically just Nurse and Spirit.