Killers that can go addonless

2»

Comments

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

I play addonless and i always get a 4k no matter what, i think it depends on the player skill and not the killer itself

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

Spirit, PH and Blight are good add-on less. Plague too but she gets destroyed by SWF, same for Wraith. You can always play Freddy or Hag for consistent 4ks by doing nothing at all since they have no skill floor :D

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

pffft everyone saying Nurse is lying

If you're a hardcore ride or die gamer who loves a challenge and masochism then yes she's playable addonless.

If you like enjoying things and not receiving constant pain then she most definitely requires addons now.

• aONImain
    aONImain Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2021

(please note im saying on pubs not cop matches) here is my list: Kazan (Oni), Blight, Ghost Face, Pyramid Head (Exocutioner), Nurse, Bubba (Leatherface), Freddy (Nightmare), Rin (Spirit) and mabey DemoDog, in all reality if you play your cards right no killer technicly NEEDS addons (and i put the game's names of the killers in the parentheses due to it being an injustice to the game devs, though they may not mind i'm still doing it, also behavior you missed out on calling leatherface the butcher woulda been sweet to read "The Butcher" as him and it'd play on the movies as he was a butcher for a slaughter house)

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

A good blight, a PH, a good Twins, Nurse, Hag, a good Spirit, a really good Oni, a smart smart death slinger, Freddy, Ghostface, a god tier Myers, a god tier Clown (TheClownIsKing is probably one of the few players capable of that though) due to his massive chase potential!

Most killers could if the player was really good with them tbh, but those ones particularly.

The ones who 95% couldn't take on a smart coordinated SWF without addons would be:

Trapper (especially if object is in play, there is no way for the killer to counter it besides tunneling, but they usually make the best looper put it on).

Wraith, the pressure he has basekit by being close to untrackable because he could be cloaked at any given time is completely destroyed by smart survivors on comms, object helps him more than hinders him though.

An average Myers, his pressure isn't enough if survivors can share information on his whereabouts at all times, allowing you to leave his TR for infectious or pound a gen when you know he won't be beelining for you. Object helps him tier up early on though.

Doctor, short of the survivors being idiots doc's basekit without addons isn't enough to pressure a 4 man swf on comms, his strength in and of itself comes from making survivors uncoordinated because they cannot communicate which makes it difficult to play alongside his power, the moment people can share info and make sure to deny doc of the info he needs to function he becomes very lacklustre, especially at high levels against good loopers. Object has little effect on Doc

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,241

Every killer can go addonless against the usual bots. You can take it a step further and go without perks on Nurse.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2021

^ This sums it up pretty well.

The 3 is where you start to reach the hard ceiling of potential with each killer. If you're on one of those mid tier killers you'll realize you just don't have the tools to win this no matter how perfect you play, you're hard capped by the killer choice. This can be made up for if they mess up a lot though.

You'll even struggle on the 4 with a Spirit for example. You'll be required to have slow down perks and addons here if you want to win. Still a sweat fest though, will be extremely close. You aren't winning with m1 killers here.

On the 5 even a Spirit with full slow down perks and addons is unlikely to win. This is Nurse only territory and even she'll be sweating with full slowdown perks/addons.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Honestly once clown gets his reload speed changed he’ll be fine without addons

Maybe extra bottles will actually be useful now that he has a shared pool of 4

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Trick question. There's no balanced maps.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I would say Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Freddy, Pyramid Head, Huntress, Oni, and Blight.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Any survivor

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Myers can. I do it frequently. There's many streamers who do, too.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Any killer can go addon-less, some are easier than others but I typically play without addons.

It makes using high level addons feel much more impactful when you do.

Also makes me feel less invested in the game so I tend to not bother sweating it.

My personal favs are

• Bubba, if you can steer well while sawing he doesn't really need em.
    • Trapper, now if you devote time to setting up the map with a trap laden 3 gen you'll wreck a team in the late game without bags, its fun.
    • Hag, she's my main and can do just fine without addons, also makes you really good at estimating port distance
    • Spirit because most survivors make dumb decisions against her anyway

These are just some of my favs.