You will PLAY OUR WAY!

Options

Why don't I rank up if I camp? Do I really have to suffer these sweaty survivors who play as if their life depended on it? Do I really have to chase them and have them T-bag me after they complete a vault? Do I really have to chase these freaks who want to get chased in a loop? Why do they get rewarded for playing like jackasses but killers don't? Regardless of your position on camping, it should not get punished like this.

Comments

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Cause you're supposed to be a killer, not a camper. No one wants, nor needs campers they make the game boring. They could vanish off the face of the earth and no one would miss them - so we're sure as hell not going to reward it.

Probably a better question is you really need to play killer?

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

So wanting to get chased in a loop is being a freak now? Lol... I'll make sure to just go to a dead zone so you can have an easy down.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

Apparently you're aware that your playstyle is not a "fun" way to play.

And i guess surviving shouldn't happen if you don't like chases. They should just walk into you, right?

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2020
    Options

If you enjoy camping, do it

Why care about ranks?

Plus : There is currently no matchmaking in this game

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Nothing worse than full-time camping. This goes for survivors as WELL. Please stop and go practice your skills.

• Asqueado
    Asqueado Member Posts: 64
    Options

Maybe because just trash players camp?

If you are a camper, you just deserve the rank you have or even less.

Good killers doesn´t camp, Good killers are on high ranks, trash killers are stucked on Green/Brown ranks cuz they play like trash :)

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

And many times "camping" does stop survivors from completing gens and escape.

Nowhere does it say that the point of the game is playing like this or that. Stop telling people how to play and focus on your own game, or at your own team if you play survivor. How the killer plays is the killers business.

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Ok. But they were asking why they cant rank up from camping.

Theres emblems for gen pressure, hooking, chasing, and hitting survivors. If you're just camping you arent doing any of that which means you dont rank up.

In fact, camping actually subtracts points.

So i'll disagree that "nowhere does it say" cuz it's pretty clearly outlined What the killer is "supposed" to do.

And it's not camping.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Nobody should be rewarded for scummy behaviour.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

why are you so worried about ranking up as a killer anyways? camping is what some people do to either derank or be able to have alittle bit of fun without worrying about accidentally ranking up. If you wanna depip though don't do it using insidious, or only kill one of them since I would 'black pip' with it too often when I tried it.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

You can play however you want, but you must learn to do it efficiently. Camping, sometimes, is the right call (although squatting at the hook almost never is). Usually you need a variety of things to advance.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Exactly. Agency must be at the heart of this game. THANK YOU.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I hope that's a joke.

In case it wasn't - you can't get banned for camping, so reporting it is a waste of time for everyone involved.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    Options

People say it doesn't work, but if it didn't work I would not get so much hate for it.

Just had a game where I proxy camped someone to death in the basement at 5 gens left and still double pipped. Isn't that what the basement is for? I don't see any other use for it....

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

Why you tryna to rank up in this game?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,137
    Options

Why do you weaken perks that encourage moving away from the hook/discourage camping like pop goes weasel and thanophobia that encourages injuring as many survivors as possible. The main reason why your anti-camping measures do not work is because they never addressed camping or why camping has potential to be effective. that being... the hook death timers. unfortunately there are killers such as Hag and Trapper that are designed around this feature. maybe one day, you guys will buff monstrous shrine and make camping more obnoxious.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

It was yeah dw, sorry I thought it would be clearer addressed at a dev 😅

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited December 2020
    Options

Yeah that is all well and good in a perfect world, but you assume the person cares about that at all. They are often not doing it with any of that in mind, only for the sake of griefing them. Hell there is a streamer who dedicates his whole stream to just doing that.

They don't leave because no one comes for them, they just sit there as leatherface until the survivor dies; and if they can get a second person they do it again. At least the second person got to play the game before; but you're being told you have to sit there and do NOTHING for several minutes just because someone wants to try and ruin your match, or even day if they can that is what they generally want.

You can't die on hook as that just condemns another person to that same problem, and you can't do anything else.

Then you have the fact that if you are in SOLOS you can't DO THE GENS FAST ENOUGH because people can't find the others who are on gens or such fast enough. SWF are fine, but unless everyone solo queueing runs kindred 100% of the time, it's just a mess.

There is no "Player choice" in this, it's literally just you got selected to not be allowed to play the game, and the killer just wants to make you upset, that's all it is. You're looking at this from the ENTIRELY WRONG WAY.

Here is one example, have you seen how many leatherfaces do nothing but face camp? It's like 80% of them. Why do you think that is? Because there is no counterplay besides doing a gen and leaving "Well he gets no bloodpoints and doesn't pip" so what? They are going to keep doing it anyways, because they know it annoys survivors and there is nothing they can really do about it, that guy just doesn't get to play. Everyone is cheated out of an actual match.

There is a difference between trying to solve and remove camping entirely, to make it 100% impossible; and just making it so there is not some 100% effective way of going about it. You're not even trying, you say you did, but you've never honestly even considered putting in an effort to solving any aspect of the problem as it is today.

How about working with the community to try and come up with some realistic solution; instead of throwing your arms up and going "Nope, impossible, can't be done, sorry"?

I don't care about camping in general, I've never much had a problem with it with most killers, and I don't blame killers for doing it once the match starts going sideways, or the end game is there or near, or they just feel it's the optimal thing to do in the moment; and I agree with everything about survivor choices- but when you have a character in the game who isn't even being played 80% of the time because people would rather use them for that instead of actually playing them normally, you have to stop and consider if that is really the direction you want for some characters. That's all I'm saying.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

This exactly. If you're a solo player take kindred to give the team the same info necessary to decide if a save is feasible.

Also if you have kindred and are being camped, don't rush dying. Punish killers by giving the team time to finish gens. It may not benefit you in that match but overall you're teaching a killer that camping is not a winning strategy.

I only camp if all gens are done because at that point it's stupid strategically to patrol exit gates instead of securing a kill.

Or OoO, I'll camp them to end the flow of omnipotent info they provide to the team.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

Why even bother playing the game if you plan to just stand there and expect kills to hop into your lap? I mean, really? You want to be rewarded for doing literally nothing? It's like a Survivor player saying 'Why did I get no points for just waiting for gens to be completed, I escaped'.

Just play the game, don't focus on constantly trying to win. Just have fun with it. Practice killers, learn their strengths and your own. Babysitting a survivor on hook only teaches you one thing: How to lose everytime.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521
    Options

I honestly think the anti-camp measures on new killers kind of need to stop. For example, I can't tell you how many times I've hooked a survivor with Charlotte, see Discordance proc in the distance, and want to run over with Victor with double speed addons but I can't because I'm too close to a hook. There are loopholes to anti-camp measures. If someone wants to camp so badly, nothing will stop them.

Another example is Cages of Atonement. During PTB, sending a survivor to a cage and seeing the cage was valuable information. It let you know where you should be heading next to spread pressure or to make a plan, but the new anti-cage camp measures kind of ruins that.

I appreciate looking into it, but I think it's futile at this point

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

You shouldn't discourage play styles, but you should enable survivors to earn BP while being camped. Give them 7k or so for keeping the killer occupied. It feels unfair to not have any opportunities to earn BP cuz you were on hook.

• zackdaylight
    zackdaylight Member Posts: 190
    Options

the real question is why would you want to rank up if you’re having trouble? If you want to play like that then go ahead. Nothing is stopping you. You’ll just get stomped on every game. You blame the devs but in reality they’re helping you stay at the rank you’re supposed to be at, otherwise you’ll just verse better survivors who you won’t even get to hook. Get better at the game

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142
    Options

This. But Almo and the rest dont care. He has even told people on here to camp all they want. They promote scummy behavior because apparently the need of the one is greater than the 4 who get screwed.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

Give survs a small kindred basekit doesn’t break fundamentals systems and wouldn’t do killers camp harder

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Characters like the Twins encourage camping as a strategy, killers can both camp and chase survivors from gens. It removes choices from survivors - if they try to focus on gens the killer will send one twin after them (which the survivors receive no points for a chase if Victor) and if they go for save killer will switch back to either prevent the save or tunnel after the unhook. You have both rewarded the killer for camping and limited the survivors choices/ability to punish the killer for camping. You say you don't want to eliminate camping because it removes choices while introducing a character that removes those choices.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited December 2020
    Options

Oh please. Camping takes a player completely out of participating and earning points. Teabagging and flashlight clicking do not.

One is annoying, one completely throws a match for a player.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

It kinda sounds like you don't want to play killer in Dead by Daylight. The purpose of the killer role is to chase survivors and hook them, but you don't seem to like the "chase" part. Not sure what the point of playing the game is, then.

Also, if you don't like survivors who want to be chased, then you don't want to rank up. The higher the ranks of the survivors you go against, the more likely it is that they are good at chases and want to be chased. The lower the ranks of the survivors, the more likely it is they're new at the game and will try to hide instead of instigating chases. So, if you rank up, you just screw yourself.

Anyway, Bloodpoints are the reward system in the game. Pipping is not meant as a reward system but as a way of determining skill for the purposes of matchmaking (it's broken, yes, but that was its original purpose). The game isn't "punishing" you when you don't rank up; it's actually trying to prevent you from being punished with unfun matches against opponents who are out of your league. (I want to reiterate: matchmaking is broken, killers and survivors of all ranks and skill levels are being shoved into matches together and hopefully that will be fixed in the future but for right now we all suffer through it.)

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

Obligatory "git gud".

Don't get hooked. Problem solved.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,545
    Options
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

No worries! Yeah one would hope, but there are a lot of people who go out of their way to be unpleasant when addressing devs so sadly it's not a given.