How many chapters do you think this game has left?

Options

This isn't a "dBd Is DyInG" post, this is a thought I had. Presume the Dev's start trying to make the game healthier in general, removing the bugs, balancing things for both sides, etc;, etc...

How many chapters do think this game has, in a healthy state? There are currently 22 killers, 24 survivors, and a staggering 164 perks in DbD right now (at least I think?) How many more do you think the game has left before it becomes... Bloated? 30 killers? 35?

200 perks, 225? How long before maybe the Dev's either move on to other projects or slow down on the development of new content in favor of balancing and health?

Comments

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Well, seeing as how with every licensed chapter they always bring in a boatload of new players. They’ll always have a influx of wanting new content. So, basically, I have no idea. xD

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I agree. After Gen 5, the Killer's really started to go downhill.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

The weird thing is none of the characters seem to age. With each graphic update they seem to get younger.

• NomiNomad
    Options

That's a very good point. How many licenced properties they get will probably heavily influence the games overall lifespan. Maybe someday, this game will become the Smash Bros. of horror, and we'll have over 70 killers from all different kinds of media. Of course with the Originals.

• Boddy604
    Boddy604 Member Posts: 183
    Options

It'll keep going as long as people keep buying the DLC.

Eventually though (and by eventually I mean now lol) they're gonna need to let people omit teachables they dont want from their bloodwebs.

As is, I already need to to level a survivor to 60+ a lot of the time before I even get level one of the 4 perks i want.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    edited December 2020
    Options

Bloodweb and grind already needs to be addressed NOW so I can't imagine how much worse it'll be for new players 1 or 2 years from now if they leave it as-is. RNG needs to go, just make all the perks/add-ons/offerings available at certain levels - tier 1 available very early on, maybe even immediately, tier 2 available at level X, tier 3 available at level Y, etc - let people buy what they want, at any time, with the BP they have, and allow people to play with the items they want.

Even with that said though, I can't imagine all of BHVR is assigned to this game (600+ people? There's no way), maybe 50 people, 100 max. The rest must certainly be working on a sequel or some other unannounced game.

• Boddy604
    Options

Keep the bloodweb for items & addons & remove perks from it completely.

Then each level you get a perk point you can use to either unlock a perk you own or level up one your character has already.

I can't see a downside to that

• NomiNomad
    Options

As far as I understand, BHVR does have some other projects, but I can't remember what they were off the top of my head. A few mobile games, ports.

I don't think DbD will ever get a sequel, I don't view it as a... Sequel-needing game. What would they do? Maybe some related projects, I would kill for some Single Player games set in the same universe, but not a sequel.

• NomiNomad
    Options

That's a very interesting idea to solve the grind. Honestly, I don't think perk tiers even need to exist anymore. I don't know, something just needs to be done in terms of the perks and getting them.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

I don't know but I would love to see less chapters a year and more patch on game health

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

I give this game another 2 years unless we get some major balance changes soon, I doubt this game will otherwise live to long once a company start to compete with it

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Until they make a killer that will kill this game.

I think it's going to take some years but one day there will be 1 or more games that will take lot's of players from DBD. Then it's only a matter of time.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

If Douglas Adams has taught us anything...

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

I fully expect the game at its current rate of game breaking bugs to last for 2 more chapters.

Not because of the loss of player interest but given how we are starting to get exponentially greater amounts of bugs with ever worsening negative game play effects.

Aka I doubt the loss of interest will kill the game but the game will become unplayable due to all the game breaking bugs in 2 more chapters.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I love this game but the bugs and way I PERSONALLY feel about the maps, changes to certain killers, perks, etc have had me on edge ngl. All it's going to take is another game to pull my game time from DBD Oh wait Cyber what is out what year is it 2077?

• UnderMirror
    UnderMirror Member Posts: 7
    Options

Wait, you mean like before they made it so more than 2 perks appeared in the later bloodweb? Except the randomness removed?

How about we just make it so perks cost more blood points (perhaps +1-3k?) but you can buy them at any time? Heck, maybe 10 every character level up, just to keep players from having every perk but only being able to equip one?

• Boddy604
    Options

My thought was remove perks from bloodwebs and replace them with perk points.

You go claim that in your bloodweb and then you can use it to unlock/upgrade whichever perk you specifically want.

The rng on actually getting what u wanna play with is just getting worse and worse each chapter as more stuff is added.

• UnderMirror
    UnderMirror Member Posts: 7
    Options

OK yeah, I can see that. I'd actually like to have that.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

Depends much on how many fresh ideas the developers get.

Look a games like League of Ledgends. The core of that game has not changed at all and they add character after character with rework after rework over the course of years.

Same could work for DbD if they keep the ideas flowing.

Bugs are bad but once again you can take a look at League of Legends. There are champions whos fame is based on how many bugs they had at the release (Azir) and there are still bugs left to be discovered. Yet people keep playing and paying.

I can see DbD last for many years if they play the cards right. Fresh influx from other movies or games can help very much here just as new maps and changes to the game mechanic itself.