Toxic Killers

Has anyone else just been getting toxic killers thats all i'm getting at this point?? Games not even fun anymore, and this game has so much potential.

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Not really no, although I have been getting alot of nice Bubbas and Wraiths recently, dunno if that's just me.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273

I got every game toxic tunneling and facecamping same as potato teammates who doesn't do gens while you loop xD so yeh. Toxic killers... But its sad when you see facecamper who had like more than 1k h in game???

• TrialByFire476
    TrialByFire476 Member Posts: 100

I did last night, but today was fine. I saw someone say that SWF is more active at night, so maybe that's why.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

Yeah last night I had a few unfair killers. There was a huntress that had 2 people on hooks so camped in between them, then slugged the third person and camped their body and waited for me to come over. I also got camped by a bubba and a Pyramid Head.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

I had 1 in the past weeks. And that was hitting on hook and excessive nodding. I was the last survivor.

• Katie_met

Yeah that's why I said unfair, not toxic. The original post was saying that the game isn't fun so I was agreeing with them.

• Katie_met

There was 4 gens left. They'd had so many hooks and it took us so long to do the first gen so why did they need to sweat like that?

• HulkHodn
    HulkHodn Member Posts: 116

Maybe the huntress dont like to farm and want to go to the next game with a real challenge asap?

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

For real dude she was just playing optimally. She had the best advantage ever why would she give that up.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Last night hooked a Meg in the basement with the twins. She was pretty good took me a little longer than ussual to catch her but I had some extra time cause others weren't as good. I don't facecamp in the basement but I'm a firm believer if your going to haul someone down there you shouldn't go too far so you can catch others. Well there was 2 gens nearby so I patrolled them and when I heard unhook went back and went after the nancy (unhooker) the Meg decided she wanted to follow and run in front/body block so I smacked her down and then had to catch back up with nancy. I hooked Nancy not long after. Went back found Meg still crawling around so I picked her up and got stunned. I chased her until she was dead (2 more hooks). The rest I hooked 1 at a time to maximize points and I wanted to let the nea go at hatch (we were face to face) but I closed it (kill 20 rift challenge) so I message her to let her know why. I always let 4th go but I need those rift points sorry:) She said it's OK you were fair and nice killer but Meg messaged and nice GG tunneling camping trash. Nea told me they were in a party together I thought it was funny to to opposite opinions. I did tunnel her though but I'm not a fan of DS being used for offense. i let you out of the basement and went for unhooker, I slugged you went you came at me, went after someone else and hooked them, allt he things the survivors say to do to avoid DS and still got hit after all that. So BYE Meg

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Is deathslinger headbanger toxic?

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292

Why is it the killer's fault for playing normally when the survivors conveniently fed the killer that situation?

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Goes both ways unfortunately.

You have toxic killers as well as survivors.

Killers get annoyed by toxic survivors, so they decide to play toxic as well.

Survivors get annoyed toxic killer, so they decide to play toxic as well.

It's a never ending circle unfortunately and it won't change unfortunately.

I don't give a rats ass if any side plays toxic, I just think they have some personal issues and they try to lose steam online because there is little to no consequences.

I just try to make it fun for both sides as much as possible.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

I won't say every single game, because I'm not at res ranks now, but everyday at least 1. If it's the first match, I'll just switch to another game.

As example: yesterday I went against a pig that camped me at 4 first hook. I looped her enough for a single gen, because one teammate was just crouch hiding.

She crouch camped to avoid bt and went after me with an active trap on the head (why even put a trap of you're gonna do that?). I was testing the new locker Elodie perk, so I lost her. So she proceeded to camp the boxes. I was able to get 2 of them (wrong ones) before she found me. Then again tried to tunnel and let's go for another chase (at that point I was quite grateful because more than half of my time was up).

She found another teammate in the way and ignored them to follow me. Lost her again and got the third box (also wrong, lucky me). She hit a teammate meanwhile.

I was like 20 seconds of dying and there again she came looking for me. So I started to run to stop the timer. She downed me and second hook.

Again, crouch camping and I was quite thankful, because I was gonna die from the trap and that mistake of hooking me saved me.

Off the hook, there she came again. I looped her close to the last box I needed to check and she slugged me afraid of DS. Then she went to look for someone else (?). Thanks to that I could get up and got the last box about 3 seconds before exploding my head and guess who was back to little more tunnel?

In the end I died (and then the 4th gen was done), depipped because I couldn't do a single gen, there was no one to heal. No totem, just chases and boxes. Barely got any points. And she took 3 escapes.

I'm so grateful I never went close to the basement, because it would be certain death for me even sooner.

That was unnoptimal play and I consider it very unhealthy, because I wasn't able to do anything in the game and for what purpose? She tried to camp the boxes so that I died by the trap, and I'm lucky she wasn't good at it.

But I'd rather avoid games like these. It ain't fun for no one and I even brought a party streamers, just to get 19k in the end.

But everyday there are games like that. After the second one in a row, I go play something else.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244
    edited December 2020

I dunno but for me survivor went so unfun. I mostly play solo, sometimes duo and between noob team mates who die as soon as the killer looks in their general direction or simply just urban and selfcare all day and killers who will proxy camp hooks instead of actually checking gens and denfending those. The game is at the point of being nearly unbearable for me.

I mean, I honestly shouldn't blame the killers cause it's the most effective way to play (even basically all the killer main streamers play like that as well. Tru3 even camped a foking Medikit yesterday...) Hook one, proxy camp hook, down rcently unhooked and hook the unhooker = two ppl out of the game. I even caught myself playing like that when I play killer and then in after game i see the survivors with 10-15k points and all I can think is how I turned into what I hate...

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Idk about toxic killers but I get teamed w toxic survivors all the time.

Just right now a fellow survivor ratted me out hiding in the locker and I died. As a appreciation, the killer let that toxic survivor go.

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408

What does “toxic killer” mean?? Need more details.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

It's not toxic to be killed in a game where your the target. Killers don't need to give you all 3 hooks or give up the advantage of an easy down.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

What is toxic? For me it's evil messages after game. But if you mean "tunneling" etc no I have not notice that. But sure there are killers that used moris a lot so perhaps these killers are annoyed now. But the killers I have faced last 30-40 games have played fair.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I'm starting to think people don't actually understand what this game is about.

How can you be upset when the vicious killer viciously kills you.

Lets see how crazy this sounds "The monster that wanted to murder me did so in a manner that was very rude and not considerate of my feelings"

It's as crazy as "The survivors I want to kill keep getting away using the best skills possible and didn't let me murder them violently it was really rude of them."

There is plenty of obnoxious behaviour in this game and if the intent is to be an ass then yeah its toxic and its often quite obvious when there is that intent because it often falls outside standard play of the game, i.e. Constant Bm'ing, harassing without focusing on objectives, post and pre game abuse, rage quitting etc etc.

But the term gets thrown around just for good play or rational decision making on either side.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

that sounds like my experience today too. killers coupled with teams don't play worth a damn and make make stupid moves.

The killers period that I got today have just been annoying and some of them it's not their fault. the tunneling has been really bad today.