Bloodweb perk appearance pattern since today

Options
TripleSteal
TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

PC, only tested for survivors.

I am not entirely sure whether it's a bug or a feature, but:

Right now getting any level 1 perk leads to level 2 of this perk appearing in the next bloodweb 100% of times. These pattern does not extrapolate to lvl3 though, and does not affect a 2nd/3rd/4th perk per each bloodweb.

Ignoring given level 2 perk works in a way: it doesn't spawn infinitely and disappears after 2 bloodweb generations.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I've noticed the same, and I honestly love it! I prefer to run tier 3 versions of weak perks over tier 1 versions of strong ones. It's like a little personal rule to increase the variety of the builds I use. So, it'll be great to actually be able to tier up some perks now!

• philomela
    philomela Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2020
    Options

It just seems like a regression of the previous bloodweb bug with repeating perks, except it's worse than before since it's practically guaranteed.

The level 2 perks disappear for a web if you ignore them but then start showing up again. So their chance to appear is obviously far too high. Giving all random perks just felt better and made the web more interesting and led to more interesting builds on characters after prestiging or acquiring them.

Honestly I feel like the way it should work is that we can invest BP into a perk to have it increase the chances of that perk showing up, or something like that.

It used to be that you'd ignore any perks you don't want, then it got bugged so you had to eat them to make them stop reappearing, and now even though they are cheap to take level 1 perks, this causes the level 2 perks to appear infinitely until you also eat them (and they cost more to eat).

Mostly I just don't want to take any perks that are not either level 3 (to remove it from showing up), or one of the four perks I want on a character. I definitely do not want to see perks repeating otherwise.

• Bassador
    Bassador Member Posts: 92
    Options

I can confirm this is on Xbox as well. While I don’t mind it, it takes away the randomness the perk web is supposed to be and I hope for some kind of fix for it.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

I've been having this problem since Blight's release, I just thought it was annoying.