Would you give up the next new killer for bug-fixing and QoL changes?

kmhmonkey
kmhmonkey Member Posts: 7
edited December 2020 in Polls

Just trying to see where the community stands.

Would you be willing to forgo new content (i.e. new killer/survivor, cosmetics, map changes... etc.) in exchange for the devs fixing bugs and performing quality of life changes (i.e. reworking Daily Rituals, The Rift... etc.?)

Not talking about balance changes. There's plenty of those discussions to go around.

Also, here's a place to talk about these things.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/213678/what-are-some-quality-of-life-changes-you-would-like-to-see#latest

Would you give up the next new killer for bug-fixing and QoL changes? 31 votes

Yes
83%
SnakeSound222GibberishRattmanTapeKnotF60_31BambuswummeTheRockstarKnightUnnamed_FreakAhoyWolfblackfoxx_xnimesulideCupofKakushankmhmonkeyAwkward_FiendSlashstreetboycynicalMadLordJackTrialByFire476Undershotjayru 26 votes
No
16%
[Deleted User]RoboMojoFamicxAggressiveFTWN0_th4nk5 5 votes

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

I don’t think a one time focus would accomplish anything in the overall scheme.

put more resources into QA in general, where possible implement test-automation for regression tests and plan in more time for bug fixing. Not just for one chapter but generally. If that means only 3 instead of 4 chapters then I am okay with it.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited December 2020
    Yes

This.

They need to strike a better balance than they have currently.

To that end 3 chapters would be much better than 4, if it means they can actually catch and fix stuff like Blight's POV or Twin's locker weakness before the chapters release.

• kmhmonkey
    kmhmonkey Member Posts: 7
    Yes

Makes sense. I'm just thinking at the moment they have some catching up to do.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    No

Bugs or not, the game has been really stale and repetitive as of late. If they decided to forego the next chapter in favour of an operation health chapter then I might just quit tbh. I probably should quit either way considering how this game's fundamental flaws will never be fixed. I mean, c'mon, in what universe does standing still and watching a progress bar go up constitute fun gameplay? Many more games to be played I suppose.