(Less toxic matches) - (crossplay turned off)

Feel free to give me your opinions but here's mine. So I am a PS4 player and I found it to be way better to play if you turn off cross-platforming because cross-platforming players are more toxic to play against just saying this is just my opinion.

I seem to have more luck finding fun and better matches when I turn off cross platforming my friends also agreed with me but the problem is you somewhat have a little bit of a longer waiting time on matches probably because it's around about 9:00 at night when I play with my friends.

But yet again this is just my opinion and that not all cross-platforming players are bad it's just some killers are super toxic and like to perimeter camp but anyways thanks for listening and tell me your experiences.

Comments

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

I just went up against a couple hackers a couple days ago, if I'm playing killer, I'm never turning crossplay back on.

The only reason I'll put it on for survivor is to not have to wait an hour just to get a match.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

Personally, I've enjoyed cross play and keep it on - I've not noticed a big difference in standard of matches but I have noticed faster queue times which are important to me. I don't have spare hours to play so queuing for ages for a match isn't something I can do, but with cross play on it's much faster. As I said, the quality of the matches didn't change for me, whilst playing killer or survivor, I don't see any difference in players on any platform tbh, there's good and not so good players on all platforms.

• LazyGhost25
    LazyGhost25 Member Posts: 49

Well you are right about that there's always going to be some toxicity here and there but well said though the faster time when you got cross-platform on that's somewhat the only benefit in my opinion.

• LazyGhost25
    LazyGhost25 Member Posts: 49

Yeah the waiting time is a bit long but in my opinion it's only long when it's close to night time where I'm at I'm in the United States. So believe me when I say the waiting time is long when you turn off cross-platform but during the day kind of a slight difference but not too long.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 461

I leave crossplay on and play solo que survivor and killer. My matches are overall pretty non-toxic, sure it happens, but the majority of the time there is a reason when something like face camping happens. I switched from Xbox to PC a year or so ago, the Xbox community was pretty toxic at the red ranks, much more noticeable than PC due to the way messages are sent on console.

Sometimes I'll check the Twitch streams of those people who made the Xbox environment toxic back then. I noticed that the majority of them are now playing with crossplay off, and they are still very toxic, but at least now it's mostly contained to that system.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

I have an opposite experience. Before cross play, it was nothing but Ps4 toxic SWF, now ever since crossplay came out the toxicity went drastically down

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446

If you are using an identifiable username in-game or the moderator exclusive charm then there is a high chance people are being less nasty in order to not get banned.

Console has the advantage of not having chat or Steam profile pages with a comment section (as far as I know) so playing only with other console players by disabling crossplay leaves less options for people to be toxic.