Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

People punishing your mistakes isn't toxic

Lyfe
Lyfe Member Posts: 197

Me fake picking up your teammate to get you to reveal yourself for the flashlight save is not toxic.

Me flashlight saving my teammate after you picked up right next to a wall while not even looking at the wall, is not toxic.

Making a mistake and then having that mistake get punished isn't toxic, you just got outplayed.

Thank you for coming to my TEDTalk.

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

But they totally can survive the match if they're in a big enough lead. That's the most annoying thing, is when they waste so much time BMing and still escape, because the match conditions are so in their favor.

• keygun
    keygun Member Posts: 311

If you get ds stunned, then see them jump back in a locker for a head on. That's still on you as the killer.

Couldn't spend one minute chasing someone else? Can't fake a locker grab to juke their head on?

That's on you boo boo.

• danielmaster87

You're not hearing me. If I'm stun locked, it can't be on me because there's no input from my end that will stop me from getting stunned the 2nd time.

Also, juking a Head-On is easier said than done, if you've had any experience against it. The hitbox is so huge, and stays active long after the survivor has fully emerged from the locker. And unless the survivor has bad ping or something, they will have enough time to react to you trying to open up the locker for real. Even if you do get to it in time, the game takes away your grab and gives priority to the survivor.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

<laughs> I haven't had that one happen to me as a Killer yet, but I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with it. I can only assume one would do this to try and tie up the Killer for some reason.

• keygun
    keygun Member Posts: 311

Even if that combo lands, I can see it being frustrating, but frustrating doesn't equal toxic.

It took me a while to realize in full that just because it's frustrating, it's not fully toxic unless YOU let it under your skin.

Actual toxicity is after game chat stuff or whatever, but in game, killer tries to kill and survivors survive, using all tools given by the game.

Tbagging in game is a diversion more than a toxic measure, locker stringing ds sounds the same.

The survivor is using all tools in the kit.

• danielmaster87

So basically nothing is ever toxic, because it's all in our heads? Okay.

Saying tbagging is for distraction is just making excuses for tbaggers. There are so many ways other than tbagging that you can distract the killer.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

Same. If you use DS, you're not a toxic PoS, but if you DS me when I didn't even tunnel you, there is a special place in hell for you.

Likewise, if you camp me, you're not inherently toxic. But if you full on facecamp and tunnel after I managed to get saved, then you're a sorry PoS who needs to uninstall and get a life.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

I'm a survivor main, but when I see someone hook bombing or going stealth after unhooking I show no mercy for the unhooked. They will leave the match and I will take my sweet time to teach why that heretic shouldn't have turned the match into a 3v1.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

The one thing I find super toxic though is tbagging. When you're a survivor and do it once or twice to other survivors, it's more like "OMG I SEE YOU HIIIII", but when you do it to killers you're basically showing you think you're the best player in the universe

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

One thing with this game is that everyone interprets toxicity in different ways. While you don't find flashlight saves toxic, there will be players out there who see it as toxic.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2020

depending on what killer (trapper/hag) I'll fake setting a trap over the downed survivor to bait them out and if I'm another killer I more than likely will have infectious fright on and just start slugging , but in the instance I don't have infectious and I'm not one of those killers something as small as walking up to the body and immediately turning before the pick up will be enough to throw timing off

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Teabagging is 100% toxic. No excuses.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

There is nothing toxic in this game besides end game chat, all that other stuff depends on how you take it personally and sometimes the survivors don't even mean it in a bad way it's just people are too soft in this game and get too emotional

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Teabagging is a gesture of disrespect. Always has been. It doesn't further a game objective not do you get points for it.

You do it to be a dick.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    edited December 2020

I had a game where the survivor is at the exit gate, I expose and down him. When I go to hook him, he wiggles free. He runs back to the door and I down him again. He wiggles, now we both know that I can't make it to a hook. So I drop him on the ground after a minute I pick him up and he continues to wiggle. I place him back on the ground and let him bleed out. After the game is over he says that I was toxic.

So Forums what is your consensus, was I toxic?

As an additional note: the reason there were no hooks is that they ran 2 purple hook offerings to increase the distance between hooks. This was a 4 man swf, lowest ranked individual was a rank 3.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Toxic as #########!

NO just joking. You did everything in your power to secure a kill. Sucks for him, but if he wiggled off ,he had a chance to loop you and get out. I have had people pick me up and walk me away from the door only to drop me because there were no hooks available and they wanted EGC to get me before I could crawl out.

I understand the tactic. It makes sense. Killers are not just going to stop playing because you got the doors open. I can respect this.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I think the terms toxic and entitlement have lost all meanings on these forums.

Personally there is very little in game that I would consider toxic. I can see certain behaviors being less than sportsman like, however I wouldn't label them toxic. If they can be done in the game, without breaking the rules, and you are trying to win/help your team win, then it's all fair.

Even, get ready for it, the Tbag to distract or get the killer's attention, isn't toxic. It's a pixelated character doing squats. If the goal is to get the killer to stop tunneling a teammate and he chases you, well you did a service to your team.

I honestly don't understand how these small things in a video game cause a person real life anger. Same if your ass gets facecamped and tunneled for getting the killers attention, with said tbags. You asked for it, you got it, not toxic.

Really ignorant post game chats,intentionally sandbagging a teammate, or working with survivors/killer to kill the others are probably the only things I would consider toxic.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

No one said it was.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,220

They're literally choosing to lose distance by trading a 5 second stun for a 3 second stun. That's a gift.