Killers aren't faultless for DS

Pretty simple, people get tunneled off hooks so they run DS. which gives them the ability to use it in the ways killers hate i.e. baiting grabs and such, or "making mistakes." Not saying there wont be people who run it anyway, but if killers look to your tunneling brethren and say cut it out then you will probably run into fewer DS.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited December 2020

I was Blight, had Noed, at EGC, David already made early escape.

Able to down a Clau, 2nd hook her. Then chase a Feng, down Feng, last hook her. Noed destroyed. I was at the only opened gate, healthy Dwight tried real hard to take my attention around a pallet loops near the gate, which I did. Took around 15sec for him just to run toward and get a hit then escape.

Then Clau came, EGC is near to the end, she just run toward me, get hit, down. Pick up, DS. She tbag for a full 5sec stun. Then deadhard to the gate.

Chase Feng, down and hook. Loops with Dwight after he destroy Noed. Thats 60sec for you.

I saw people do Gen in mid chase in order to get grab instead of get hit.

DS is needed, I think it should be basekit, but not work like how it is.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Ds alone is not the problem..The problem is..They use DS...then they use deadhard..Then another perk and another perk..And then their teamates break a hook and they got the perks that let them wiggle out quicker..And flip-flop and now the one where they can drop pallets while being moved and perks where they can get up If they are in a dying state.

The ammount of "Escape" perks is a tad high and somehow have more verity then other perks. Like how many different ways can you have "I get out faster"..Yet, any perk which a Killer can one shot needs to be a hex or It is op...Even,If It runs on tokens. Just, give me a perk If I get stuns 3 times I can down someone on my next hit

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Not their fault that a killer goes in to "desperation" mode and NEEDS to start tunneling.

Is it really their fault a killer needs to start tunneling? Are there areas the killer can start improving on before going on full tunnel mode because he's losing the game?

• InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325

Your point and other people's points share the same issue though, saying let me hang out on the hook pop 5 gens and get out is a viable option if people can talk because they are a swf. Likewise, another point was made to get better teammates...aka a swf, however swfs are the devil in the eyes of killers here. So you want us to be a SWF without being a SWF. If survivor mains do all the suggested things by killer mains here then it will actually lead to more tunneling, furthering the need for DS.

• InsatiableMop

I dont really care about killers who stare at a surv at the end of the game because they are losing and want their consolation kill. its the ones that right out the gate get a survivor down and tunnel them right out of the game. With 20min queue times, giving someone 90s of playing is rough. at least DS gets em another 60s.

• Lyfe
    Lyfe Member Posts: 197

You guys aren't saying please. That's why it isn't working smh

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited December 2020

DS is fine. but if 4 survivors runs DC its a massive problem, combined with BT

Higher rank every survivor runs almost DS every time, and it gets annoying real fast. i just play insidious bubba to counter it

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Yep. DS, BT, and Unbreakable are more so the Killer's fault than anything. Do I get slapped in the face with these when I feel it's unjust at times, heck yes! I typically avoid them cause I don't play that sweaty and unfun however. I personally am in the boat that BT and Unbreakable are fine. I don't really like DS, but it's a necessary evil as long as many (bad or toxic) Killers attempt to camp/tunnel out a player from actually playing the match.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

My issue today was I down survivor, I hook survivor and another survivor waits for animation to finish to then get save. I go to hit the hook farmer because #########, and then the unhooked body blocks because they have bt active and then they immediately jump into a locker.

this repeated multiple times and one even had a soul guard+unbreakable+bt+ds combo.

this is the kind of stuff people talk about when they talk about fixing infinite chances perks.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

You shouldn't be able to just instantly resort to tunneling and camping when you are loosing though. that's like playing a racing game and teleporting to the front when you are loosing.

I do think you should be able to tunnel and camp BUT there should be heavy punishments and tradeoffs for it, so that you are required to carefully decide when you should and shouldn't use these strategies and so that it's not an instant resort when you are loosing.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

But but its your fault. Why didnt you go across the map screaming lalala. Camping tunneling killer main. /s

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

Why don’t we put DS back to how it was originally. Then we’ll see how that goes shall we.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

Lol, INVINCIBILITY, are you kidding. DS gives them a few seconds to limp 5 steps from you, it is one-time use, and generally people intent on tunneling the crap outta someone just catch them again, and then on the hook they go. Talking about DS or BT like it is super OP is ridiculous. I play killer (less than survivor) but generally when I am so stressed from waiting 20 minutes to be tunneled out of a game in 3 minutes I decide to have a break. And I do not tunnel people, ever, and you know what I have never been DSd that I can think of. It does not bother me in the least because I do not play like a sweaty jerk, so I just literally never see it. I think killers who complain the loudest about those 2 perks should look a how they play before coming in here to screech at survivors that it is unfair.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

Ah but if killers weren't playing hot camp n' tunnel every match everyone could run something other than 2nd chance perks. I prefer not to run DS or BT but the sweatier this game gets the more cornered survivors are with what they can run and actually get out of a match. Killers have all kinds of interesting builds they can try, but survivors have less and less options because camp, tunnel, slug is just where the devs have taken the game, and it is the same thing every match (with the exception of farming, but that doesn't count). At this point I am not even really blaming killers, the devs have not only turned a blind eye to this kind of behavior that used to be frowned upon but currently are actively promoting it. So IDK, really I am just waiting for some other similar game to drop.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Ime the way The Killer plays dictates a lot of how the trial will play out. The big issue is that most killers want to circumvent DS, so people bring Unbreakable. The circumvention efforts also results in people wanting to gain utility out of this one-time use perk, so they go out of their way to redeem it. I see it all the time with streamers, the same ones that cry and complain about DS. They openly tunnel, then leave the person slugged on the floor to bypass DS with gusto and if that person were to dare to do something bold like finish a generator or go in a locker or a rescue, the person is up in arms about how outrageous and the nerve of that survivor. If you go out of your way to circumvent DS, don't be surprised when survivors go out of their way to gain usage out of it.

• InsatiableMop

apparently a new left for dead style game is in alpha right now. Miss the days of LFD2

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354

I had some games with the person playing killer proxy camping and tunneling. One was saying it was the survivors fault because no one brought ds. I am still very disgusted from that person when I think about their statement.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

You're brave to post this here... Most of the inhabitants would eat you alive for such knowledge.

• InsatiableMop

i mean the LFD devs and the devs of this game are friends, hence why there are extra LFD skins and such.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

That's how the game is designed, you want someone out the game asap the same way you want a gen done asap. Its not killers fault for playing well, its the games fault for being designed in a way that tunneling is optimal.

Might as well also ask survivors to not do gens all the way and stop and work on a different one once they hit 33%. If both sides ease up on their objective then tunneling would be less of an issue. If you want killers to play poorly on purpose so you can have more fun survivors need to do it too.

• InsatiableMop

didnt say dont do it, but dont do it then complain about DS or unbreakable...

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Telling them not to isn't gonna work, sadly. But you have a point, killers who tunnel the first survivor into the ground when there's no obsession have no right to complain about DS

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74

DS in its current design is an absolute joke. I shouldn’t be able to hook someone, then leave, have that person get unhooked, I chase someone else and down them, hook them and then go back to that first person, fully healed, down them, and they still have DS. It happens to me at least once a game, it’s an absolute joke. It’s not anti tunnel at all, it’s invulnerability from getting hooked for a minute and ur either stupid or lying if you say otherwise. It shouldn’t be removed from the game but it should deactivate if you interact with a gen or get fully healed. Or it should only activate if the killer is standing within like 26 meters of the hook when you are unhooked. If you actually disagree with either or those suggestions then ur clearly fishing for a way to cheat sucking...

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

I've been playing DBD for almost 3 years now and never ran DS for at least the first 2. After I switched from console to PC at the end of 2019, I keep it on all the time because of killers who intentionally tunnel when there is no reason to. I can loop the killer well so a lot of them get angry and tunnel me off hook just because they want me out of the game. I shouldn't have to run a perk because of the way some killers play but I do because it isn't fun being thrown on hook, farmed in solo queue, instantly downed and put back on hook.

Don't get me wrong, I play killer as well and being gen rushed also sucks and there are times where you need to tunnel but this discussion is about DS which I think is necessary for the game. We all know how it went when they introduced a killer who can tunnel for free.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Ok so, I'm going to explain my stance a bit more so sorry (I guess) for the amount of text coming up:

If DS only helped against tunneling then sure. But its way more than that, especially when paired with unbreakable. Its pretty much a do-whatever-you-want free card in its current state and warrants criticism.

At the very least it should only affect tunneling as much as possible. Although I don't personally think we should be punishing anyone for playing the way they should be playing if they want to preform well and tryhard, especially when only one side has the tools to punish that type of play.

Part of the issue is anything that punishes tunneling is also punishing optimal play and the way the game design is encouraging killers to play. The design needs to be changed so tunneling can be addressed without punishing the killer for doing what they should be doing if they want to win, but that's probably not happening.

Alternatively you could give killers a perk that just undoes gen progress just because survivors are focusing gens too hard to level the field a little, but that's also probably not happening.

Other possible ways forward if we want the game to improve is either a mass community movement on both sides to make the game more fun for each other (fat chance) or just nerfing DS and/or its combos (much simpler and more likely).

I don't tunnel in my games, but that's a choice I make in how I play. I'm choosing to play sub-optimal because it prefer another playstyle. The whole principle behind DS is just really unfair to people who do want to try and win more than someone like me. Its really a flaw in the game design and instead of fixing it they just punish the players instead. Then we have people who don't tunnel and still get hit with DS.

The perk needs changes or the game does. DS has been a problem since its creation because they're trying to use it to cover up the bad design of the hook/death mechanic from a player enjoyment perspective in any sort of competitive environment. They should have reworked the system a long time ago imo.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

So it wouldn't work against insidious campers. Another useless perk against a boring and annoying playstyle. No thanks.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Dont mind me just got off the hook and im pushing this 80% gen here. Whats that your gonna slug me what a jerk its ok ill unbreakable. All of these are one use stop complaining its not like there's 4 survivors are running this set up.

Eat the ds what the worse that could happen not like you restart a chase give your allies time to push gens it basically a second heath state for two perks which might seem bad but its incredible what a good survivor can do with one more health state.

Op would you like a game with my 4 man i want to show you exactly how broken ds is.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

60 seconds is a a long time.

I have chasef and downed other survivors, hooked, found the original and downed and been burned by DS. That's ridiculous.

Should be shortened to 30 seconds.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

DS doesn't buy just "few" seconds. It takes killer roughly 25 seconds to catch you up if you keep running straight line, add additional time hooking etc. If you need to wait 20 minutes just to play survivor there are obviously something wrong with killer side.. just saying

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

If you're losing then it's because you played badly and don't deserve the victory. Simple as that.

What you're saying is basically that tunneling is necessary to award you an undeserved victory

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

We don't use "deserve" in these forums. It's an unspoken rule. You can't say I didn't deserve a kill, just like I can't say those survivors didn't deserve to escape. But there's Tru3's video and countless others that show little to no mistakes on the killer's part, and they barely were able to squeeze out a kill or 2.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I have seen plenty of games where the killer gets hit with DS without tunneling and it's all because of the survivors are going down to quickly.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

everyone is fine with DS an anti tunneling perk

only survivor mains are fine with 60 seconds of invincibility

the killer absolutely demolishing a team ie 2+ hooks in the same minute and going back to hook the nearest survivor after hooking 2 others should not trigger DS. DS needs deactivation conditions badly we can buff it with all the other things you want like 2 uses, increased time longer stun or whatever but it desperately need to deactivate after the killer hooks another survivor

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Tru3's video showing *no mistakes* I actually laughed thanks

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

60 seconds for DS and I'm a survivor main. Granted when playing killer and I'm feeling spiteful I'll slug wait the 1min and hook.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

The issue is not 4 ds, ds has an easy counter: slugging or on a hook doesn't have any difference pressure wise. The issue is 4ds and 4ub but again the issue seems more like 4 unbreakable even tho unbreakable is absolutely fine.

I think they should make ds way more riksy: wanna work on a gen after being unhooked? ok but ds gets disabled.

Even the unhooker thing can be abused easily by killers, but the action disable wouldn't be abusable. Wanna keep ds? Ok either heal or do absolutely anything for 60 secs(protection hits included).

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

When someone says he's playing perfectly or making no mistake he's legit scamming you. There's no way in hell someone can play a game without a single mistake. And most times many streamers are too arrogant to admit they made mistakes because they need to show off in front of their viewers. He can say that he made less and less serious mistakes than survivors did and yet he lost but saying that he made no mistakes is absolutely disingenous and shows how completely irrelevant all of his claims are.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

Isn't it amazing that one specific perk is used 95% of the games in high ranks and everyone who plays Killer, the first thing we remember when downing someone is "does this guy gave DS?", "oh there's a obsessesion, DS"

Like, why the developers let such a perk have so much importance that every match all Killer needs to remember it. Like you don't ever see someone saying "better be careful with that boil over/buckle up/flip-flop/lucky break/pharmacy/insert any X perk here that isn't in the meta".

That's so wrong, no perk should have that impact on the Killer's gameplay EVERY MATCH.

• XXXPrinnyGodXXX
    XXXPrinnyGodXXX Member Posts: 31

Personally i would be happy if it deacivated once exit gates are turned on, if they have DS left and doors are open you literally cannot get that person. you get to let them crawl to the exit because most games they are close enough to one of the exits. by the time you down them again.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

Imagine nerfing PGTW for having too much free time but not DS.