Future of DBD

Options
C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,183
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I started play this game since Feb 2019. After a few weeks checking DBD & The Last year to see which one suit more for me. And I picked DBD since I few like The Last year survivors can build guns and punish killer too much, and Im not into first person shooting game.

After install DBD, get into the game, the lobby music was Newyear eve version, it made me chill and hype alot (too bad the music doesnt reach to lobby but only the menu screen in 2020. Through 8 DLC expansion, I noticed something about the game, its related to the far future of DBD.

To me, the Perks system is what killing the game, may be its not now, but 3 years later. When the game have TOO MUCH DLC added into the game, while the core gameplay isnt improved. Its when old players get bored of the core gameplay, and new players get bored of grinding that will take another 3 years to actual get full setup.

Currently, no matter how many DLC added, the core gameplay stopped at a small potion of game (Gen to Gate), with a mix of 5 random DLC from choices of 5 players.

While my oppinion, if each DLC applies a small, but new mechanic directly to the gameplay. The gameplay would be much much more rich by now after 5 years since release

Examples:

DLC 1: Each DLC only expand a single ability for both side, that counter to each other.

+Survivors gain a new ability: DS (3sec stun, cancel countdown timer if do objective, DS active after both hook stage, success DS will become an Obsession, the game starts with no Obsession)

+Killers gain a new ability: Rancor (remove aura reading, can instant down and mori Obsession when 5Gen done)

DLC 2:

+Survivors gain a new ability: Plunderer's instinct (can see item's aura at 8m range)

+Killers gain a new ability: Franklin demise (success any attack will drop the item, doesnt remove charge & item)

DLC 3:

+Survivors gain a new ability: Small game (get a noti when 8m near a totem, cool down 3min)

+Killers gain a new ability: Noed (after 5Gen done, each dull totem remaining give Killer a token & 1% speed boost, success hit on healthy Survivor will instant down, spend 1 token)

And so on. After 20 DLC, you can image how much action both side can do. You get the idea.

They can add Perks, but Perks should only enhance 4 abilities that they can already able to do, not giving brand new abilities.

What I would like to see now?

Do something friendly for new players

1. Remove Perks tier
  2. Start the game at max Blood point
  3. Double Blood point on first 1-2 weeks
  4. Lock Nea / David / Bill & Nurse / Huntress. Give new players 45.000 shards so they can buy any non-license characters as they wish.

Comments

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options

The perk grind is awful and it gets worse with every new release, a lot of players agree with that. Removing perk tiers will reduce the grind and improve the game a lot. I don't know why BHVR doesn't comment on this even though this has been suggested numerous times before. I also like the 'Double Blood point on first 1-2 weeks' idea.

• Mr.FlexOG
    Mr.FlexOG Member Posts: 45
    Options

I'm sorry your thread got sent to the graveyard.