The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This event is poorly thought out and incredibly one-sided

Tru3_Chemistry
Tru3_Chemistry Member Posts: 35
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

I play both killer and survivor pretty equally and I must say that I don't know what the devs were thinking with this one. Getting nectar as killer is incredibly easy. All you have to do is hook survivors on infected hooks, same as any other event. Survivors have this weird alternate objective of harvesting nectar from plants. This process takes a long time especially if you are working on them solo. Most survivors tunnel vision on nectar leading to some of the easiest killer games I have ever played. Generators seldom get done anymore as everyone just runs around looking for plants. On top of all this is a developer decision that I find just down right unacceptable. Once you hit your 30 vial cap as survivor, you can no longer harvest plants. This means you will not be able to contribute to the massive bonus blood-points you get from harvesting. Pretty soon most survivors will hit this 30 cap and no one will get the bonus. Killers can always hook survivors on the special hooks and (correct me if I'm wrong) can still get the point bonuses after 30 vials. It already takes 20-30min for me to find killer games (bc everyone is playing killer) and it will take even longer after all the 30 vial survivors quit playing. Please hotfix this so survivors can still get points.

Side note: If you believe that survivor nectar farming is easier, that makes the problem worse. Survivors will hit 30 vials sooner and realize they can't harvest anymore. No bonus bloodpoints will lead a lot more people to stop playing and killer ques will get even longer.

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Lol I was playing killer for a few hours and only got 6 vials due to the fact that you need to get 6 hooks a match if you want to get a vial and you have to wait like 6 minutes for a full lobby. As survivor I just put out a offering and bring a map. There is usually at least 3 offerings a game and with a map I usually get a vial per game. Even if I didn't have to wait for a lobby as killer, getting vials as survivor is much easier.
  • Tru3_Chemistry

If the survivors have it easier that makes this even worse. That means people will hit 30 vials faster. Once they do, they will realize they can't get the bonus anymore unless their teammates harvest the plants and stop playing

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Guys chill shesh once the killer mains hit there points there gonna swap around
  • total_disrespec
    total_disrespec Member Posts: 17
    You're exactly right.   But tbh the kids on here are so oblivious to things they will disagree with you about anything if the devs made it.   Pretty sure it's them in disguise just trying to justify they're dumb one sided actions and not trying to fix obvious problems with the game. 
  • HiddenFee
    HiddenFee Member Posts: 15

I completely agree with this thread. honestly I don't see how it's easier to make survivor vials... Killer you just gotta hook people and you do that anyway. On top of that, the killer can't DIE and lose progress on their vial. survivors are so handicapped at this point already that I don't even know why killers complain at all...

• HiddenFee

@Cetren said:
    Please, I'm almost halfway done with my survivor vials, getting nectar as killer is a pain in the ass. 

You are ignoring the entirety of the post by saying this. He is trying to explain how once survivors fill all of their vials, they can no longer even harvest the plants for the points that the offering offers. There are currently 11 days left in the event, and every survivor that has their vial done can no longer participate in the ectra points that the offerings make available.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    HiddenFee said:

@Cetren said:
    Please, I'm almost halfway done with my survivor vials, getting nectar as killer is a pain in the ass. 

You are ignoring the entirety of the post by saying this. He is trying to explain how once survivors fill all of their vials, they can no longer even harvest the plants for the points that the offering offers. There are currently 11 days left in the event, and every survivor that has their vial done can no longer participate in the ectra points that the offerings make available.

You still get the points from completed as long as you burn the offering. Except you don't even have to do any of the work, just sit back and let the people who haven't done their nectar do the job for you. I fail to see how this is somehow more difficult than working your way to a bunch of sporadically spawned hooks, or sacrificing two perks slots to reach them at the cost of your abilities.
  • Tru3_Chemistry

@Cetren said:
    HiddenFee said:

@Cetren said:

You still get the points from completed as long as you burn the offering. Except you don't even have to do any of the work, just sit back and let the people who haven't done their nectar do the job for you. I fail to see how this is somehow more difficult than working your way to a bunch of sporadically spawned hooks, or sacrificing two perks slots to reach them at the cost of your abilities.

So explain to me what happens when a full lobby of survivors who have already gotten their 30 vials play a game...

• Cetren

@Cetren said:
    HiddenFee said:

@Cetren said:

So explain to me what happens when a full lobby of survivors who have already gotten their 30 vials play a game...

I will personally pay you 10 dollars if you randomly queue up with four survivors who have all their vials 2 days into the event. 
  • Tru3_Chemistry

@Cetren said:
    Tru3_Chemistry said:

@Cetren said:

HiddenFee said:

@Cetren said:

I will personally pay you 10 dollars if you randomly queue up with four survivors who have all their vials 2 days into the event. 

A lot of my friends play mostly survivor and have already hit the cap.

• Cetren

@Cetren said:
    Tru3_Chemistry said:

@Cetren said:

HiddenFee said:

@Cetren said:

A lot of my friends play mostly survivor and have already hit the cap.

Notice I said randoms, queue up solo, burn your offerings, farm them, and rake in the blood points.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    You obviously have not had to take people across large maps to hook them. 

Survivors have it pretty easy. A flower harvest usually gives a safe section. Once the liquid flashes beyond a safety point, or the vial fills it's yours, live or die.
    Of course if you're just below the line, or filling and die, you can lose the entire section.
  • HiddenFee

@Cetren said:
    HiddenFee said:

@Cetren said:

You are ignoring the entirety of the post by saying this. He is trying to explain how once survivors fill all of their vials, they can no longer even harvest the plants for the points that the offering offers. There are currently 11 days left in the event, and every survivor that has their vial done can no longer participate in the extra points that the offerings make available.

Okay so first of all, You still fail to see our point. I did not mention one thing about one being easier than the other in that post above. Second, Yeah and what happens when there are 7 plants to be harvested courtesy of the 5 offerings possible and all 4 survivors have their 30 Vials completed. Survivors won't get jack because the game will not let survivors harvest when completed. On top of that, even if the killer got his 30 vials completed, he is still able to hook survivors on event hooks and get the bonus points while survivors are not able to participate.

• Tru3_Chemistry

@Rebel_Raven said:
    You obviously have not had to take people across large maps to hook them. 

Survivors have it pretty easy. A flower harvest usually gives a safe section. Once the liquid flashes beyond a safety point, or the vial fills it's yours, live or die.
    Of course if you're just below the line, or filling and die, you can lose the entire section.

You obviously assume you are supposed to be able to get an event hook on every single down. Some games I have had to go out of may way to kite survivors towards the hooks I need. If you want to get every single event hook, you have to have some strategy to it.

• Cetren
    edited October 2018
    HiddenFee said:

@Cetren said:
    HiddenFee said:

@Cetren said:

You are ignoring the entirety of the post by saying this. He is trying to explain how once survivors fill all of their vials, they can no longer even harvest the plants for the points that the offering offers. There are currently 11 days left in the event, and every survivor that has their vial done can no longer participate in the extra points that the offerings make available.

Okay so first of all, You still fail to see our point. I did not mention one thing about one being easier than the other in that post above. Second, Yeah and what happens when there are 7 plants to be harvested courtesy of the 5 offerings possible and all 4 survivors have their 30 Vials completed. Survivors won't get jack because the game will not let survivors harvest when completed. On top of that, even if the killer got his 30 vials completed, he is still able to hook survivors on event hooks and get the bonus points while survivors are not able to participate.

No, I see your point perfectly, the problem is its terrible. There are way too many people who play this game for everyone to have maxed their vials that quickly that you wouldn't be able to get ANYTHING from your offerings. Plus there are people playing killer that are going to ditch to get their suruvir vials once their killer vials are full, plus there's going to be peoppe getting a late start on the event, so theres going to be a constant influx of people needing survivors vials who are able to get their flowers for you. 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I'm killer main, but I started with survivor. And I finished 30 vials in less then 2 days, it's easy and doesn't take long at all. It took me about 13-16 hours.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Easy for survivors to farm points? lolwut

Nectars
    Repair Gens

Pick one. No killer actually trying will let you do both, unless you somehow never get chased all game long.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It has become quite hard to escape if survivors just go for the plants and ignore gens. I wouldn't say it's harder to get vials as survs. Just doing this and escaping.
    It's quite possible the devs did this too see how a second objective would affect this game. But it's not the same as it would be if these plants were just a second objective for escaping since survs are just ignoring the gens wondering around the map and searching for plants. This is why some matches seem impossible to win as survivor.
    I agree though that they need to make it possible for survivors to work on these plants even after they have all 30 vials for bloodpoints. They should also increase the bloodpoints you get for finishing off a plant slightly, since right now killers get more bloodpoints. One of the reasons probably why killer waiting times are so long, cause more people are playing killer.

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

I was 30/30 survivor about 28hrs after the event started im 10/30 killer . It is a lot easier as a survivor , plus there are more killers willing to work with survivors for this reason then there are survivors willing to help a killer get his vial .

if you think that survivors cant get bonus bp after they are 30/30 you are sadly mistaken or jumping to the wrong conclusion I get 12-20k extra for bringing a offering while at 30/30 .

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    I am at 27 for survivor after playing a 
    Round 8 hours since it started.

The spawn places don't seem to be that random and after a few games I found them pretty essily, there is also one close to every event hook.

Don't do them seperate if you can you share the nectar you get around the same amount you just harvest quicker.

After the initial learning games I started to get 1 vial per match more often than not.
  • RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    edited October 2018

@Grimbergoth said:
    I was 30/30 survivor about 28hrs after the event started im 10/30 killer . It is a lot easier as a survivor , plus there are more killers willing to work with survivors for this reason then there are survivors willing to help a killer get his vial .

if you think that survivors cant get bonus bp after they are 30/30 you are sadly mistaken or jumping to the wrong conclusion I get 12-20k extra for bringing a offering while at 30/30 .

You can only get the bonus bp if other people you're playing with haven't filled all their vials yet though, I think it takes completely draining a plant for the 4k bonus bp to pop. Otherwise if every survivor has all 30 vials then nada on bonus bp. So what happens when more and more survs have capped their vials? Little to no bonus bp for playing that side.

While it is harder for killer to fill their vials they can at least still get the bonus bp after getting all 30 vials by hooking people on the event hooks, while you can't even touch the plants if you're done as survivor and have to hope someone in your lobby hasn't reached max yet.

I will say it feels unfair that survs have to rely on other people not having completed their event objective yet for bonus bp while killers (while their event objective is much harder) don't.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

What a troll post lol. I have 25/30 survivor vials, the waiting time is non existent. As a killer i have only 9/30 and you get a match after waiting 30 min or more.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

Killers are ensured the putrid nectar provided they use the canker hooks, so if they do 3 hookings on average, then it's just two trials to get one serum.

Survivors aren't ensured any putrid nectar, only if they collect to the indicated sections on the vials, where harvesting this from a full putrid flower can potentially net the survivor around a half full vial, provided that the survirvor is able to get to one that hasn't been fully harvested yet, and with only two default ones spawning. Basically only if all have used the event offering will all survivors be able to POTENTIALLY get the putrid nectar.

Harvesting the nectar as a survivor is the equivalent of doing a totem, which means if all have used the event offering then there are suddenly 7 more totems to, so in total 12 plus 5 generators. And if they don't manage to collect a full vial then they lose some, which is very, very likely when MOST of the survivors are trying to collect this nectar. Not only that, it's not even possible to sabotage those canker hooks, not even those that have been drained, which is of benefit to the killer and another disadvantage to the survivors.

The concept, idea and lore for the event is great, but they have executed it poorly. Personally I find how the ideas has been implemented gamemechanically, has harmed the gameplay more than it has actually contributed, and it's incredibly bias towards the killer. I mainly play killer, so I can definitely tell that it affects balance a great deal, because getting those 4 kills per trial is easier than it ever has been.

It would've been a lot better if all hooks had been canker hooks and were sabotageable, where whoever actually drained it got the putrid nectar. So it could be sabotaged to drain it and a survivor could be hooked to drain it. In effect it would make getting the nectar contested between the survivors and the killer, it would lead to more hooks becoming temporarily disabled but at the cost of generators not being worked on - which it normally would be if people decided to sabotage hooks. But as it is now, survivors are forced to actually do secondary activities if they want that putrid nectar, activities that only harm the gamebalance and doesn't do anything else.

At the very least if they force secondary activities on the survivors to get the nectar, so should it be on the killer. Like say the killer had to bring the survivor to a putrid plant that could entangle the survivor - immobilize the survivor for a short amount of time, where the survivor would be released on injured state rather than dying state. That way, the killer is forced to decide - do I want the putrid nectar or do I want to work on sacrificing the survivors. Just like the the survivors are forced to either harvest the putrid nectar or work on the generators, OR any of the other activities they already have forced down on them, like cleansing totems, avoiding and escaping chases, unhooks, etc.

It's quite clear they really should change ASAP how the event is being done.

As a side note, I also hate that event screen popping up after each trial, same goes with the news popup.
    First time, ok, then it should be much more minimal, like showing a +1 icon for the serum being moved to a counter area in the ui would've been more than enough.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Seriously? It’s completely fair on both sides.

Killers have a harder time getting their 30 vials, however don’t have to worry about not getting extra BP after they have hit their 30 vials. Survivors have an easier time filling their 30 vials, but in exchange they won’t escape as often because they are busy collecting Nectar. Also, after they get 30 vials they can not get more from flowers, however this means they can go back to Rushing Gens for escapes.

Even then, put the damn offering. The chances of you getting into a lobby with 4 randoms and ALL 4 of them having 30/30 vials is slim to none. If you are whining about “all my friends and are 30/30 cause we SWF”, tough #########. You want the points, solo que, or duo que, don’t ######### that you don’t get to play “farm with friends” every single match that this event is live. 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

If the survivors have it easier that makes this even worse. That means people will hit 30 vials faster. Once they do, they will realize they can't get the bonus anymore unless their teammates harvest the plants and stop playing

No longer getting the bonus is the only thing that the devs didnt think through... use a map.... gaps! Theres actually a reason to use the normally pointless/useless map... its all because theres a another objective.. let's be honest the reason why survivor mains dont care for this is because matches are now giving enough time for killers to have a moment to get their game going... but yet still I have matches (4 in a row) where 4 people are escaping and I don't SWF... but the killer still had enough time to get some plays in.. the game feels more complete this way.. now if they can implement objectives for everyday games itll feel even better

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    shyguyy said:

I don't understand what the issue is here? Why do so many killers have an issue with survivors being able to continue to harvest flowers (without getting extra vials) after their initial 30? Can survivors participate in the event for its entire duration too? Killers can continue to get their 5.5k point hooks after they get their initial 30 vials, so why cant survivors? Is it just that they are the other side? We can't all have an enjoyable time?

Are you serious? You are legitimately acting like this isn't the first balanced event. You kniw what happened most other events? Killers got cucked by survivors, over and over. Body blocking event hooks, saboing event hooks, tricking the killer to farm with them then after getting theirs, running away from event hook areas. 

It isn't so much the fact I think the way they handeled the BP for this event is fair, I don't think it's that fair. I think it's dumb you stop interacting once you have all 30, as if survivor side isn't meager enough in return. But the thing is, survivors are crying like they just lost their first born child to this event. The level of whine over matter here is gross. Most survivors aren't even bothering with the offering on ps4 which is really annoying. Just enjoy it and shut up or don't, it has almost no bearing on most games from what I've played, aside from the ones everyone wants to farm in.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited October 2018

This event is actually one sided on both sides.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    OP, I assume you have killer vials already maxed out. Since it's so much easier than survivor vials. 
  • Cetren
    shyguyy said:

I don't understand what the issue is here? Why do so many killers have an issue with survivors being able to continue to harvest flowers (without getting extra vials) after their initial 30? Can survivors participate in the event for its entire duration too? Killers can continue to get their 5.5k point hooks after they get their initial 30 vials, so why cant survivors? Is it just that they are the other side? We can't all have an enjoyable time?

Because then you're stealing nectar from survivors who still need it because you wanted a few bloodpoints, which is incredibly selfish and unnecessary for the event.
  • SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

@Zagrid said:
    Stop complaining there are Halloween spoops to be had and bloodpoints to be farmed.

Thats the problem. There isnt bloodpoints to be farmed if you play survivor after 30 vials. Survivors will just switch to killers and we'll have incredibly long queues!

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The worst thing about the killer vials is the wait time inbetween games.

• Gunmech04
    Gunmech04 Member Posts: 77

@Cetren said:
    shyguyy said:

Because then you're stealing nectar from survivors who still need it because you wanted a few bloodpoints, which is incredibly selfish and unnecessary for the event.

Then once Killer's reach their 30 vials they shouldn't get anymore bloodpoints from the event hooks then.

• Tsulan
    Gunmech04 said:

@Cetren said:
    shyguyy said:

Then once Killer's reach their 30 vials they shouldn't get anymore bloodpoints from the event hooks then.

I take from your comment, that you haven't finished your killer vials.
    Maybe not even attempted. 
  • Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92

Lol what.. 30/30 since Saturday on Survivor, it's a lot less tedious than Killer.

• Gunmech04
    Gunmech04 Member Posts: 77
    Tsulan said:
    Gunmech04 said:

@Cetren said:
    shyguyy said:

What's so hard about it for Killers? You have nothing extra to do, just hooking people. That's it, no running around trying to find these stupid plants, no fighting with other Survivors for the plants. The event hooks cant be sabo'ed because Killers apparently threw a fit because we could sabo the previous ones. So tell me, what is so hard about this event for Killers? Hell you're even getting extra time to kill the Survivors because they are so busy fighting over the nectar that gens dont get done. 
  • MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

tHis eVEnt iS pOOrlY tHOughT oUT anD iNCrediBLY onE siDEd

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@ZombieGenesis said:
    @Gunmech04 You clearly haven't played as killer.

That said, the fact that survs stop getting bonus BP is beyond moronic.

Lmao true

• wimlin
    wimlin Member Posts: 30

People arguing the event isn't one sided why do you think the queue times on killers is 30 min? That alone should tell you something is majorly wrong with the event. I probably wont' do killer strictly because I don't want to wait 30 min for a match, but I think its ######### to act like it isn't 1 sided. 90% of the matches I'm playing in result in no survivors escaping since event started. Prior to event I was escaping about half and at least 1 person escaped in around 80%. So the event clearly broke something. Now usually no gens even get done so the hatch isn't even an option. It's beyond broke and anyone who is actually playing a killer knows it as much as any survivor. It probably won't be born out in the stats the devs see though because there is a ton of farming going on where killers hook everyone twice then allow them all to escape. My guess would be that Devs will see a ton of either no escapes or 4 escapes and very few 1,2,3 escape matches.

• Tsulan
    Gunmech04 said:
    Tsulan said:
    Gunmech04 said:

@Cetren said:
    shyguyy said:

What's so hard about it for Killers? You have nothing extra to do, just hooking people. That's it, no running around trying to find these stupid plants, no fighting with other Survivors for the plants. The event hooks cant be sabo'ed because Killers apparently threw a fit because we could sabo the previous ones. So tell me, what is so hard about this event for Killers? Hell you're even getting extra time to kill the Survivors because they are so busy fighting over the nectar that gens dont get done. 
    Why fight other survivors over the plants? You get 1 1/4 vial per plant. Doesn't matter if you harvest alone or if 4 survivors harvest the same plant. You ALWAYS get the same amount. 

So you just confirmed that you haven't even tried to play killer. 
    Well only 30 vials for you then.
  • Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    edited October 2018

@ZombieGenesis said:
    Most of the games I'm playing are resulting in survivors escaping, at least 2. The problem is I tend to be the only survivor interested in the damn cankers. Everyone else is just gen rushing.

Really? Wow. I'm seeing the exact opposite.

I even got 4K with an L1 Wraith yesterday because people ignored all the gens and were just looking for the cankers. AND I make it a rule not to hit people when they're harvesting (you wouldn't kick a homeless man up the arse when he's picking up a pound coin), but was still too easy to catch them wandering around looking for the things.

BUT I'm not complaining. Harvesting as a survivor is getting a little tedious at this point, but overall I'm fine with the event. And I think the change of pace etc. is enjoyable.

Edit: Also finding a few more people goofing around, which is fun. Just a shame about the ones who get some serum and then d/c.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

First game as killer in the event.

First 1/3'd of a vial was easy enough. But both hooks were on the same side of the map. And crazy enough, these hooks only work for one use. You can't reuse them

Down a 3rd person... the remaining 2 hooks in the game are on the other side of the map.... well ######### me. Normal hook it is then...

Thankfully I was able to herd them to the last 2 hooks.

I dunno man - seems to even out to me. Especially given we got a bunch of Killvivors cluttering up the cue times for us.

Only thing we go the advantage on right now is the point generation - and it could be argued that's fair given we have no way at all to keep our addins between rounds other than the odd Black Ward.

• Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194

@Cetren said:

i second this.. i got a full vial playing survivor almost every game expect like 3 or so ..i collectd all 30.. now i have played like 10 killer games and im still at 6.. Killer is much harder since it takes 6 hooks to collect a vial and that too if survivors allow it. they will jjust run farther away form hook if u dont farm and die there so even with iron grasp and agitation i cant reach it.. so i have to yield and let tehm farm.. if do end up killeing of them early ther other 3 will just play very stealthy.. which is even more waste of time..

Killer games do endup with a lotof bloodpoints at the end than survivors but it takes much longer to collect vials as killer.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    @Tsulan @ZombieGenesis I’ll save you the trouble and tell you he doesn’t play Killer at all. He’s still spewing the same Survivor Bias crap on here as he does/did on the Steam Forums.
  • FrauZockinsky
    FrauZockinsky Member Posts: 59

In my opinion the thread createor is hitting the nail on the head. A lot of people have their vials full already and its been 1 weekend. This event is supposed to run for 2 weeks. If survivors can't get anything out of their offerings anymore (or hardly anything if they're lucky) then they will at the very least stop playing offerings and a lot of them will switch to killer games. From what I'm seeing in streams, its hard to fill a killer lobby already. Think one week ahead. The problem will only get worse.