Survivors mains are the worst

Anara
Anara Member Posts: 1,297

Im actually a survivor main but sometimes I play killer for fun and for rift challenges.

When I play killer I play bad, but I dont tunnel or camp or slug and I use fun builds and bad perks. Because I enjoy the game and I dont care to win.

But half of end game chats there are always survivors complaining about me, insulting me for nothing... tell me horrible things I cant write here.... I always report this kind of players but I still saw end game chats like this.

Ive never seen a killer fair like me. I know that Im loosing but I still dont camp and ran away from hooks to practice chases and get better.

Survivors are escaping and still insults me in end game chat. They calling me a tunneler but everyone have been hooked twice...

I know the most popular opinion is that killers are toxic etc but its wrong survivors players are way more and insults killers for nothing.

Its very sad because this game is very fun but players are just trash people, sorry to say that...

I just want to say : Behaviour please do your job and ban players like this from the game. They are very hurtful for free, with no reason. There are games rules but they dont care because they are not banned and still in this game.

I just start to think that killer is the bad role and whatever your gameplay, kind or toxic, survivors just like to insult killers because they are the bad role.

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Well, most people are going to consider your post "bait" and such, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. There are more (numerically) Survivors than there are Killers. That means that yes, you will encounter 4x the bad sports among Survivors than you do Killers. That is a simple truth, assuming the statistically number of bad sports was the same among them. We don't really have a way to determine if the percentage of bad sports among Survivors is greater than that of Killers, so it is safer to assume it is the same.

It is unfortunate, but true, that Killers have to put up with more crap. The only thing you can do is thicken the old skin, and turn irritation into drive. I hate bad sportsmanship and salt. I record every game just so I can report them. I figure if it results in the odd warning or ban I'll have done my civic duty to try and lessen things. I do get a lot LESS of that stuff now. I don't know if it is because I record and report, if my name is recognized, or if there are simply fewer bad sports among the Ranks I now play in.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Hey I'm a survivor main and I like to be nice to people

• getuy45u4iu
    getuy45u4iu Member Posts: 93

What I noticed is that the better you play, the less toxic survivors are. If you confidently win, then, of course, they may still complain and insult, but to lesser extent. Killer is a more demanding role, so if you're not playing good and trying to be nice, then you may end up being disappointed with both losing and getting insulted in chat.

I was also confused on why do some survivors insult, when they played good and all escaped? Probably, it's something in human nature, some people enjoy piling on someone else's misery. If there was no misery and you destroyed them in game, there will be nothing they could pile on.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Got way more threats and death wishes from killers than from survivors.

• Freddy96

I tried but after a while it just becomes boring, the time it takes for me to file the report ingame and on the help center is worth 1 whole trial.

Someone that threatned my gf irl got banned (i even made a post a while ago) but after a while as i said the procedure its too long and complicated to get any "result" because i'm afraid ingame report alone won't do anything.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Yeah. Agree to disagree here. I get about 4 times as much hate mail from survivors than I do killer.

Interestingly enough there are 4 times as many survivors than killers.

Weird.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

*People who are toxic which can be either side are the worst

• Freddy96

I know but sometimes the work to: file the report ingame, copy offender's profile link, getting stead id64 website, zipping videos or screenshots, my cloud id of dbd that sometimes my browser forgets so i have to type it letter by letter, captcha, is too much, i wanna relax in the evening and play the game not being a bureaucrat

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

It's easier to see one side as more toxic when you see 4 of them to one of the other.

• Freddy96

Exactly people that play like jerks will do that in both sides they're playing, people that tbag, flashlight spam or else will probably be the same that tunnel, hit on hook or fancy stuff like that.

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334

Your personal anecdote is worth nothing

Killers don't need to send toxic messages, the games gives them the means to be toxic through gameplay (caming, tunneling, slugging, bodyblocking to hold game hostage, slashing on hook) meanwhile survivors get "crouch/teabag to slow me down in a chase" and "clicky-clicky, let's waste my batteries"

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

In sotry you have to deal with that. In assuming you aren't at red ranks because at least the server I play on xbox players don't talk crap all the time but they did at low ranks

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Just ignore them.

The other day I had two survivors claim I was a bad teammate because instead of going into the basement against a basement camping Freddy, I went to work on generators.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297

I cant ignore people that told me to suicide myself just because I play the game. Just because im the killer, the bad role. I play super fair and they still talk like that. Im still learning killer im survivor main im not toxic or whatever. Even if i was they should not say that.

They need to be banned i cant ignore them.

• Felnex
    edited December 2020

Are you saying it doesn't happen? Killers are able to corner Survivors in corners and if they don't swing, they're stuck there. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, that's why YOUR anecdotes alone don't matter.

You are totally missing the obvious point. Survivors can't do anything to the killer to be truly toxic, so their aggression is released at the end game chat (that's why I keep it off) whereas Killers have all the tools they need to be toxic in game.

And when I say camping/tunneling/slugging, I don't mean as strategies. I mean as ways to grief: If you're camping a hook and a nearly finished gen, that makes sense. If you camp the first survivor you down for 5 gens? That's toxic. Get it?

• Felnex
    edited December 2020

No it isn't. You're just not understanding.

Pinning a survivor down and not letting them go is holding the game hostage, are you kidding me lol. It's the definition of it haha, you're trolling.

It's also super relevant. OP is talking about how most toxicity is post-game by survivors, I am explaining why. Survivors are limited in game so they save their direct aggression (toxic chat) for the post-game. Killers are prevented from griefing in game, so they are less likely to feel the need to release aggression post game. Duh. I'm insulted that you said what I said wasn't relevant, when really it was just you not understanding. You owe me an apology for your condescending "Well let me tell you the rules, you're confused" post. I doubt you'll say sorry tho.

Btw I am not talking about camping a hook when there's a 99% gen nearby. I am talking about camping/tunneling the first survivor you find. That's toxic: Throwing the game to ruin one player's experience is toxic. Don't twist it

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Even better, camp and tunnel hard. If you do that, most players are already gone until the game ends for you and the last survivor.

At least that what i found. If i tunnel them out, there is less toxic talk after that.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

There's a few bad apples in the bunch, doesn't mean the whole bunch is rotten.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Both sides got some nasty folks. It's easier to remember and encounter nasty survivors since there is 4 to 1 ratio and that Survivors can gang up on the Killer in the after game if the whole group gets upset. Another poster also had a good point that a Killer can take out their rage better than Survivors in actual gameplay.

I've had probably 3 nasty survivors and 1 nasty killer since the Twins came out, in terms of toxic post game chat that I can recall. Two were Survivors tearing into me for sparing the last guy since I'm a simp for Steve. (and Felix) The Zarina was intent she going to report me for "working with" the Steve when I spared him and he couldn't find the hatch... so I had him do a gen and and use the door. THE HORROR! Meanwhile the Yui took being sacrificed super personal since I had left the others slugged on death hook to be spared earlier on, but I downed her on death hook with only 2 gens left and now needed to finish someone off. One was for playing the super over powered and cheap killer (Twins) with 0 counter play and complaining about my mori (post nerf) from a suiciding Nea. The killer was salty Deathslinger upset I got hatch cause he deserved the 4K when it was more the randoms I was with were quickly slaughtered with little resistance on their part. One of them even tried to rat me out when it was down to her and me even though I reversed the 2 hooked and 1 slugged state of the match early on. His name calling was rather weird and sexual based, which was a weird one to witness.

To be honest, most of you like to stir the pot in the first place and get surprised pikachu faced when it spills over on you. I've played tons of games as the Twins (who some really get salty about since they don't heal and get Victor wrecked) and have only had the few toxic post games.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Imagine trying to stir up class wars in a video game.

• AskingForHelp
    AskingForHelp Member Posts: 103

People that play survivor get upset because dying = losing. Almost or all Survivors die every game. It’s too easy for killers to be honest. They need to make it harder on the killers. 1) they’re too fast for current map sizes 2) they don’t have any cool downs in between m1 attacks and survivors can only take 2 hits. That’s broken. 3) killers are faster than survivors

#1 or #2 need to be fixed or both. Its quite ridiculous how often I win playing killer than survivor. I get it, 1v4. You aren’t meant to stand much of a chance. But honestly I really firmly believe it’s too easy to find and down survivors in this game. The perks give you too much info as do most of these killers abilities help them too much

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 627

I think you mean toxic people who main one side only are the worst. Its easier to find toxic survivors because its a 4 to 1 ratio, but that doesn't mean there aren't douchebag killers.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

For threats of violence or racism/homophobic insults etc all that is required is an in game report as it saves a chat log, no need to go to the help centre as well.

• Stealth
    Stealth Member Posts: 123

Which is why survivor queue times are long. Killer has to deal with so much bs that not enough people play.

• Freddy96

Highly doubt a single ingame report alone is gonna do anything

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    edited December 2020

As a survivor main I can tell you that we are utterly misconstrued by many killers.

At the end of match before exiting I crouch and bow my head down and up in respect to killer for being a good sport and making the game fun to play only to be called toxic t-bager and a bad person for that.

When I meet Pig I often run at her to boop the snoot. Like before many times I got called for being toxic again just because of a meme.

So the morale of the day: don't assume something you don't really understand or simply don't know unless it ends in harrasment in the end chat. Reality may be much simpler than you think.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I main survivor and I am offended by this post.

Many of us aren't that bad, but if I see a fellow survivor T-Bagging the Killer or just being Toxic I'll take it upon myself to make things a little bit more difficult for them. If things are extra bad for the Killer I'll actually offer myself up to them at the end of the match.

However, Killer Mains can be nearly as bad.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

For as many teammates that i have like this ive gotten slugged for 4 minutes because i spawned ontop of their ruin.

Both sides have problem people and its mostly the people who only play one side.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

You found ruin? You were too dangerous to be kept alive /s

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

I have so many screen shots of things survivors said to me. Hell one of them even told me i was toxic for bringing franklyns. Another told me i was toxic for "camping a gen". Another group told me i was trash because i had noed. (Destroyed them when they had 3 gens left).

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

Imagine a forum without any posts about toxicity, entitlement and fairness...all of these are as @Moundshroud put so well, are constructs within the rules of the game. Play the game... employ any strategy... just don't cheat. Oh and if you are a survivor, you should do things to help your team, not fiddle about being useless... That's it.