The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

No survivors?

I'm a rank 10 killer and I can't find a single survivor after waiting 10+ minutes and yet playing as a rank 13 survivor I find lobbys full queuing up one after another...is this a bug or are there really no survivors playing right now? Is there a specific time I need to play killer just so I can get started on the vials?

Comments

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I'm rank 5 killer and I'm having the same problem. Why does no one like me :cry:

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

Im rank 1 and it takes 10-15 minutes to find the first survivor and 30-40 minutes to go into the match, if u dont have that time to spare, u better play survivor (or something else, like Civ.).

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    #lobbybug again 
  • Beckzfeehan7
    Beckzfeehan7 Member Posts: 104
    Having the exact same problem. Rank 1 killer. It’s taking me close to 30-40 minutes to get a game started. But once I switch to survivor I’m into full games in seconds. Really annoying seeing as I’m trying to get the killer event rewards filled up 
  • Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

Same. I'm already almost done with the survivor vials but I have no Killer vials because of this "bug". Yet somehow all these other killers I'm getting into their lobbies as a survivor...I just wanna kill people and feel spooky q_q

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    First time ever its taking me 20 mins or there abouts for a lobby every time.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited October 2018

Just guessing that playing killer during the event is more appealing than playing survivor.

Survivor gameplay is mostly in-fighting for pustulas and suiciding shortly after. Then survivors can't participate in the event after completing their 30 vials, so they have to switch to killer.

Meanwhile killer gameplay is mostly the same, except no one is finishing gens for the first five minutes, and it's far easier to catch survivors because they dive bomb pustulas. Plus killers can continue to play the event b/c their BP gain isn't stopped after 30 vials. It is prime time to rank up as killer right now too, because of how easy it is to win.

Basically, it's painful to play survivor right now, and it's pointless to play after 30 vials, so many people have moved on to playing killer or are playing killer. I highly doubt it's a bug causing high queues.

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221
    edited October 2018

Another difference is that a bad survivor player still gets juice while a bad killer player gets nothing.

And believe it or not, in the first few minutes most killers depend on walking from generator to generator in search of survivors. They don't see the cankers' auras so they can't selectively check those, and unless it has been sucked dry they can't tell someone has been on it either. So you can farm your juice pretty undisturbed if you are smart about it.

On topic: My games take about 5 minutes to start on rank 10 or 11, that's okay.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited October 2018

@Milkymalk said:
    Another difference is that a bad survivor player still gets juice while a bad killer player gets nothing.

Considering that survivors prioritize farming pustules over gens or even healing, I'd say bad killers have more leeway than ever. Plus, they're pretty much always running and leaving scratch marks to get to pustules before they're drained.

If they can't catch any survivors, then they're really under qualified for the rank they're at.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

@Bug_Reporter said:
    Im rank 1 and it takes 10-15 minutes to find the first survivor and 30-40 minutes to go into the match, if u dont have that time to spare, u better play survivor (or something else, like Civ.).

Yeah this is exactly how my queue has gone at rank 1 since the event started. 15 Minute average waiting time just for one survivor and a few minutes for the rest assuming people don't get bored and leave to requeue.

I'd like to believe this is because everyone is playing killer but I have no reason to believe that.

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

its simply too many killers are queing . in a 4v1 world if 50k people are online playing and its split evenly between killer and survivor , that would mean every survivor gets a match and 6750 killers would to while 18250 sit waiting , now split that into ranks and it can get far worse or better .

• TheShowtime7
    TheShowtime7 Member Posts: 22
    People quit playing survivors cause killers were complaining all the time, hope it didn’t happen tho, I really love playing this game. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

All survivors are at rank 15 now.
    That together with the fact that both sides have to play killer now.....

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

This has nothing to due with player distribution, this is for sure a bugged lobby.

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293
    edited October 2018

@Wolf74 said:
    This has nothing to due with player distribution, this is for sure a bugged lobby.

if you get a lobby where one or two join and then someone leaves and nothing after that , its a bugged loby , but the 30min + ques are due to the fact of the amount of killers vs the amount of survivors playing . and since this event is survivor friendly on the serums a lot of survivors had 30/30 on day 1 and 2 so now they are on killers .

this is where the huge imbalance stems from . Reason I can say this with confidence is ive tried at different times of the day and during peak times I cant seem to get a match as a killer but in the early am hours I have near insta ques .

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Devs haven't figured out how to make people want to play survivor yet, but when they do this whole lobby problem will be fixed. You might have thousands of players on, but if 80% of them are not queuing as survivor, bunch of killers are gonna wait.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

Is there a way to unbug your lobby? I've tried to restart the game but it just keeps happening. I've waited 30+ minutes now but still not a single survivor. I get that not a lot of people are playing survivor but jfc..this is a little ridiculous.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@Captain_Spaulding said:
    Is there a way to unbug your lobby? I've tried to restart the game but it just keeps happening. I've waited 30+ minutes now but still not a single survivor. I get that not a lot of people are playing survivor but jfc..this is a little ridiculous.

Last time it happened to me (PC) I had to bloody uninstall and reinstall the game.

I'm not doing that again. I'll just move on to another game, first.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Captain_Spaulding said:
    I'm a rank 10 killer and I can't find a single survivor after waiting 10+ minutes and yet playing as a rank 13 survivor I find lobbys full queuing up one after another...is this a bug or are there really no survivors playing right now? Is there a specific time I need to play killer just so I can get started on the vials?

more people are playing killer for the vials so theres less survivors in lobby and more killer lobbies.

• Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45

@Bug_Reporter I got you

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@Aviema said:
    @Bug_Reporter I got you

I waited 23 minutes for a Kiler lobby today. Said to hell with it, moved DBD to hidden games on Steam, and logged into Overwatch.

This isn't the first time I've had stupidly long KIller lobbies. It happened to me a little too often before the event, too.

I'm done.

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    This is nothing new. Just kill some time surfing the internet. The 1st queue will be long but the rest will come easy. 
  • Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Broken matchmaking, EAC survivor kicks, and the "clever" idea of making two types of vials instead of one. Those are the reasons why the lobby time as killer is the longest of all times.

I'm in rank 1/2, 40 min or more for a match.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    I think it’s a glitch.  
  • xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Bug or glitch we cant do the event. 
    @not_Queen is normal for you? 30/40m for one match :(
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Same here, killer lobbies at rank 1 are taking like 20min for the first survivor to show up, longer for a whole lobby.

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

@Visionmaker said:
    If they can't catch any survivors, then they're really under qualified for the rank they're at.

Find, yes.
    Catch, that's a different story. They still run, loop and juke as always.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    I notice that happens a lot during the night. Me and my friends will be waiting for a while until it finally finds a match.