What are some of your favourite dumb builds?

Options

Not even necessarily meme builds (though feel free to share!), just dumb builds that either shouldn't work... Or absolutely don't work but you run nonetheless.

Personally, I can't get enough of Mettle of Man and No Mither. Together. With a little Tenacity so I can GTFO after taking a hit. It's so dumb and it never works unless you throw the entire trial, but just the fact that the killer has to deal with this insane No Mither Kate tanking hits that suddenly tanks a hit and doesn't go down... That's gotta be a massive headscrew.

Comments

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

I´ve kinda fooled around with a Santa Clown Build recently.

Haunted Grounds+Retribution+Infectious Fright+Flex

It´s either an insane snowball, hard and fast, or very little/nothing at all is gained from it.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698
    Options

I enjoy running Streetwise, Leader, Vigil, and Prove Thyself while acting like the overly altruistic team leader. It's actually not that bad because people are more willing to heal me with med-kits and use toolboxes on my generators.

For killer I love running Fire up + Bamboozle + Brutal Strength on Legion and vaulting at the speed of light with a bit of breaking speed for the cherry on top.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

i had a silly one that i ran for 2-3 matches of Lullaby/ruin/thrill and either bitter murmurs or whispers, it flopped hard one match but during another one it took awhile for any gens to pop with a near constant series of explosions,

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    Options

Huntress Lullaby, Tampered Timer, Razor Wire, Overcharge, Distressing, Unnerving on Pig.

Is it smart? Noooooope. Is it funny to see people fail to remove their traps at rank 1-5 without even being pressured? Yeeeeeep.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Replacing all my Perks with carry-Survivor Perks is a really bad idea for my Wraith.

But i legit kinda like Agitation, Hangman's Trick, Iron Grasp & Mad Grit.

Virtually no struggling, surprising some Survivors that you can actually keep up, missing not punished & hitting makes you carry them for longer, and who knows, you might spot an Aura. *shrugs*

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I used to use Gunslinger with Nurses, Dark Sense, Spies and Discord as a kind of 'Tracker' build. It worked... Sort of. I spent about 3 months wondering why Spies never seemed to work. Turns out I was a dumb dumb and didn't realise my gunshots scared off crows.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

Crackhead Wraith: Purple and Green Shadow Dance addons with Bamboozle, Iron Maiden, Brutal Strength and Fire Up. Bonus points for an indoors map offering.

Pandemic Plague: Black Incense and Severed Toe with Discordance, Blood Echo, Thanatophobia and Infectious Fright. The idea is to encourage Survivors to stay healthy and practice social distancing. If I'm feeling really mean I'll throw on a mori, cause ya know

Screamer Doctor: Iridescent Queen and High Stimulus Electrode with Infectious Fright, Iron Maiden, Dragon's Grip and Deathbound. I came up with this when the Rift introduced those challenges to make Survivors scream X amount of times, I've also used MYC cause they scream when it procs.

• Kaitlin814
    Kaitlin814 Member Posts: 76
    Options

I've been using Red Herring, Deception, Diversion, and Any Means Necessary a lot lately. The perks are all so stupid, but I've actually had quite a bit of value out of some of them. Definitely adds some fun into the game instead of using "meta" builds.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

No Mither would never work for me. No matter what I do, killers leave chases with injured people and slugs to come after me and instahook me every time. I don't know what i"m doing to piss them off. I guessI should act terrified and be unwilling to play the game like most others? I dunno.

I do enjoy Quick and Quiet, Head On, The Fish, and The Pebble for maximum WTFery. Sometimes I'll swap out The Fish for Deception now. It's kinda hard though to enjoy myself with how painful solo queueing has been lately.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

Bounty Hunter! I love running :

Furtive Chase

Nemesis

Make Your Choice

Perk of choice, (I usually go for Stridor/Blood Warden/BBQ or something)

You keep going after your new obsession every time! Gens can fly for all I care, although usually this build is really effective at getting downs, oddly. Super fun- when you run out of time on MYC I’ll ditch them and find someone else to stun me with Nemesis.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

This thread. It was made for me.

Survivor: Stake Out/Lithe/Self Care/Soul Guard - Why? Because why not. Who needs synergy?

Trapper - Haunted Grounds/Blood Warden/Discordance/Overcharge - It's a trap. One that you must step in.

Wraith - Nurses Calling/Distressing/Bloodhound (or NOED)/Deerstalker - Ran with "The Beast" Soot and usually a speed up while cloaked add on. Survivors usually dunno how to react.

Hillbilly - Ruin/Distressing/Tinkerer/Devour Hope - It's quiet. TOO quiet...(Chainsaw all game except for when tinkerer procs)

Nurse - Nurses Calling/Monitor and Abuse/Sloppy Butcher/Thanatophobia - It's safe to heal don't worry. I don't hear her terror radius...

Huntress - Monitor and Abuse/Iron Grasp/Spies from the Shadows/Brutal Strength - How did she get so close? Basement time.

Shape - Nemesis/Furtive Chase/Rancor/Deathbound - It's Obsession roulette time! A lot of survivors like this build and compliment me on it.

Hag - Nurses Calling/Brutal Strength/Monitor and Abuse/Knockout - I can't hear her...where was that person downed? It's safe to heal right?

Doc - Brutal Strength/Bamboozle/BBQ/Remember Me - Defenses? What's that?

Leatherface - Knockout/Ruin/Devour Hope/Nurses Calling - Hope you find the right totem! ...and your friend.

Freddy - Devour Hope/Ruin/Nurses Calling/Monitor and Abuse - Because I'm not very nice.

Pig - Monitor and Abuse/Enduring/Devour Hope/Ruin - I like hearing the pallet squeaks, fite me.

Clown - Monitor and Abuse/Huntress Lullaby/Ruin/BBQ - Skillchecks amirite?

Spirit and Legion are kinda meta so skipping them

Plague - Corrupt Intervention/Ruin/Play with your food/Enduring - Oh you're injured? Don't mind if I catch up really fast.

Demogorgon - Haunted Grounds/Ruin/Rancor/Pop goes the weasel - Kinda standard but I like how it can rout a team quickly.

Oni is meta

Deathslinger - Nurses Calling/Thrilling Tremors/Devour Hope/Make your Choice - I just like it. lol.

Pyramidhead - Blood Warden/Nemesis/Dark Devotion/Ruin - Tap a tormented obsession and send him far away...with your terror radius. Have fun. Blood Warden has gotten me some really cheeky 4ks too.

Blight - Hex:Retribution/Thrill of the Hunt/Undying/Distressing - Please don't touch my totems noooooo

Twins - Opression/Ruin/Hex: The Third Seal/Cruel Limits - Perks are centered around Charlotte. Park Charlotte in a window heavy area and suddenly big uh-oh for the survivors.

God this game has a lot of killers now don't it? Lol. Weeeee

• [Deleted User]
    Options

using nothing on a low tier killer, getting a 4k, and having survivors still complain.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    edited December 2020
    Options

The Nightmare:

Barbecue & Chili, Dark Devotion, Distressing, Infectious Fight

BBQ is just for points, while the other three make up a Stupid Build that revolves around terror radius perks on a Killer that regularly negates his own terror radius. Dark Devotion is one of my favorite "for fun"perks and I always get a laugh whenever I get Infectious Fright to trigger.

I once had someone get mad at me to the point of D/Cing in endgame because I used Infectious and Barbecue together. They didn't seem to grasp my point that I was using Infectious on Freddy.

Hang on a second, Dark Devotion's effect persists in a Cage of Atonement? That DOES sound fun.

Stupid question: Does a DD'd Survivor keep the Terror Radius while on a hook, too? I confess that, much as i enjoy the perk, I never thought much about that aspect of it.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Yep. I've really been enjoying Pyramid Head because of it. See, Nemesis selects your obsession, giving you their aura for a few seconds at the loop right? Well, shoot your red beam at them through the wall. That should injure them. Then just dragging your trail around will torment them. Give them a bap and now you're undetectable for 30 seconds. Shoot them off and away they go with your terror radius!

I've ended games by becoming suddenly undetectable and catching the gen jockey or two survivors healing off guard. I even had a Quentin just stand still after I downed the Feng he was healing. I know I jumpscared him irl.

So yes, the tagged survivor in the cage now has your terror radius making people hesitant to save and you become a terror for 30 seconds since the cage is basically instant. Paired with Nemesis it wins me games because nobody expects it. It's a meme but I love it.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Sometimes I’ll play with only Zanshin Tactics and nothing else. It’s hilarious when I still when.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options
  • CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Sometimes I think about using Insidious on Michael Myers just for stupidity’s sake. Still haven’t done it.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Clown with spirit fury enduring brutal and fire up. Who needs gen pressure anyway

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Unbreakable, tenacity, flip flop, power struggle

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    Options

When Elodie came out I started giving out presents to everyone, Plunderer's + Appraisal, probably Ace's perks with that and maybe Bond just to find everyone would be fun. It's fun to give out presents to unsuspecting survivors, and I'd even sacrifice myself to the killer at the end so even the killer gets a holiday gift: my dead corpse.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474
    edited December 2020
    Options

@BattleCast Tried your Survivor build out and it actually works pretty well if you don't get tunneled out! Had quite a few fun matches with it! I run Botany/Self Care/Desperate Measures/Resilience when I feel like just messing around. When everyone is injured, you heal as fast as a normal medkit, but I usually 99 it for Resilience value and heal others before finishing

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Flip-flop, Tenacity, Power Struggle, WGLF.

Though in a swf me and my mates devised a plan. 2 people with No Mither/Soul Guard/MOM/Dead Hard, two with Breakout/WGLF/For The People/Desperate Measures.

The plan?

Someone gets downed and picked up, preferably one of the No Mither lads. The other No Mither lad takes a hit. Both of the other two heal them up quickly with WGLF/DM. They take a hit with Soul Guard, then another, going down again with 3 MOM stacks. Here one person uses For The People, or another quick ass heal, getting the No Mither lad up again. Now he takes a hit with Soul Guard, and again with MOM, before he goes down again. All this time, breakout is working its magic. Rinse and repeat; the Impossible To Hook build and it doesn't even need saboteur.

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651
    Options

pandemic plague if you bring a mori she picks them up and pucks on their face what you sed was (The idea is to encourage Survivors to stay healthy and practice social distancing) i smell LIES

• Dubby
    Dubby Member Posts: 23
    Options

Anything that involves head on still makes me laugh my ass off, especially when all 4 survivors are doing it.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Basement Chest Security Leatherface.

It's surprising how many kills you get because of greedy survivors >:)

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options
  • Hex_UrbanEvasion
    Hex_UrbanEvasion Member Posts: 200
    Options

I really love running No Mither/Resilience/This Is Not Happening/Flex. It's just a big meme, if you go up against an Oni, he'll never not be using his Fury. I cross my fingers and hope not to get found for a long time because I know NM makes you an easy target, but it's amazing how fast things go when you run these.

If I want to be super extra for points, I go with Kindred/WGLF/We'll Make It/Prove Thyself and immediately bail on gens to unhook. Just heal them super fast right under the hook and bam, safe unhook done. If you gotta run, take the hit for them and still get the extra points.

On the Oni, I go with Distressing/Infectious Fright/a bunch of stuff to make people bleed. He gets lots of screams. You can hear him from like ten miles away, and I assume on small maps, its almost impossible to leave his terror radius.

• mynameisaaaaa
    mynameisaaaaa Member Posts: 22
    Options

With the blight, Nemesis, Dark Devotion, Furtive Chase and Rancor

Also using Vigo's Journal, this is literally a blight with no terror radius build. It's not good but it's fun

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Dark devotion and infinite T3 addon, for some reason it works more often than it should.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Most of my memey builds are on freddy and spirit, bc honestly you'll probably 4k anyway

Freddy: pill bottle addon, any pallet addon, agi / mad grit / iron grasp, forced penance

Spirit: ana prayer beads addon, any speed or duration addon, hexes TOTH / HG / ruin / devour

Spirit: any addons but I'd go prayer beads again to scare anyone with oblivious, furtive chase / nemesis /myc/ rancor. Make the survivors play hot potato

Doc: sniper addons, I forget their names but the tape that turns it into a beam and green range. Hexes TOTH / HG / undying / retribution Defend totems obsessively, ignore gens and any survivors that haven't tried to interfere with them.