We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Killers, what do you think of the mori changes?

I'm not sure how to feel about it right now because moris have been rendered basically useless and I don't know if I should spend blood points on them.

Comments

• Harrington
    Harrington Member Posts: 15

Thanks, I play demo alot considering he's just one of the most fun to play so I might have a look at his mori in a sec

• DFP
    DFP Member Posts: 156

Don't. It's less Blood points in a match, and they're even more pointless than usual right now with a two hook requirement. If you don't already have the Mori specific achievements you may as well just start asking survivors in game to help you out and get them in a "cheaty" way because the chances of being able to pull off the Blood on Your Face requirements naturally are astronomical.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 767

I like it quite a bit. It improved upon such a horrible part of the game for survivors, while still keeping it quite powerful.

If you get someone on their second hook by mid game it's gg for the team once you take them down, because you can ignore DS and get rid of them as soon as they're unhooked. If you get more than one person on second hook by late game it's just as strong.

I honestly can't understand how people think it's useless... but then again, i never really saw moris as a tool to deal with regular matches...i always used it more for the cool animation and to blow off steam every now and then, sometimes I'd use it to deal with keys.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

A good change. Moriis deleted gameplay and changed the win condition for survivors, providing the killer with an overpowering advantage. I still think they should be removed entirely and instead have Cypress Morii be made basekit to retain the animations as a reward for doing well.

Ignore the ridiculous whataboutism with "Wah but keys!". It's just salt.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,585

idm the changes. the only thing that should've happened was that. it should've been changed with keys, That's the only thing im iffy bout

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209

I've gone from not using them as I feel bad robbing other players of a game, to not using them because I may as well run a brown wreath for the bonus points.

Overall I'd rather have something I don't use because it's underwhelming than something I don't use because it's scummy (same reason I don't equip DS). Good change.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I´m honestly very happy about it. Given that I used them extremely rarely, it basically won´t have an impact on my gaming experience at all.

It´s definately a step in the right direction. I hope though that the next most broken things (Object, Keys, Iri Heads etc) won´t take 4 years to fix. I´ll honestly be very, very disappointed if any of these will still be present in three months from now.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

"Astronomical" chances? Lmao what? just play as you would but kill the survivors via a Mori instead of hooking them for the 3rd time. Or play Pyramid Head.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

BP Offerings of any kind are pretty much more worth it than those 2 Offerings now.

Especially since their rarities are kept the same.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Couldn't care less about the change as killer.I almost never used them besides dailies or rift challenges anyway.

What i would like to see is a rarity swap between Ebony Moris and BPS so that i can get more of those sweet sweet bloodpoints

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

great that they nerfed it, but sucks that they nerfed it like that.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

You shouldn't. They serve no purpose. Buy strategically in the Blood Web and try to get the Entity to eat them. They are less useful than your average Brown Offering right now, and I'm sure you (like most of us) are already stuck with a lot of them.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

never needed or used them so idc

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

No prior warning? They had mentioned it multiple times on streams... And people not wanting an offering that basically cut the game by 50% is not them being fanboys, is people not wanting mediocre killers getting a 4k just because they'd tunnel off first hook.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited December 2020

I say good riddance! My only regret is not having used my mori stockpile before the nerf. Then again, I generally didn't use them out of principle.

I will say though that their cost should be reduced in the bloodweb now.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I'm cool with it. The only times I use a mori is for a daily and even then don't kill everyone with it. I even got the Blood on Your Face achievement the same time I did the Evil Within achievement for Meyers.

My only two concerns with the change are:

1. The fact that they didn't hold off the nerf until keys got reworked. Now when keys do get touched there'll be massive amounts of people trying to use up their keys and many more killers playing extra sweaty, dodging lobbies all together, or just not playing killer until keys are changed leading to even longer queue times for Survivor.

2. They also ended up nerfing Devour Hope with this change, a perk that has the distance from the unhook condition in top of number of hook requirements but also can be destroyed.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Feels like thia change should just be base kit at this point, also not worth the iridescent value, I'd drop ebony to green and ivory to Yellow

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    edited December 2020

Honestly I barely used them anyway, only to counter keys.

But i allready played with it as they made it right now, did it mostly on dead hook, or the game was basically over already.

But would've appreciated if they did mori and key at the same time.

Just hold of the mori until the key rework was ready would've been better

Edit: both need/needed to get nerfed anyway,so it was just a matter of time.

But a dumb decision to do 1 and not the other at the same time

Post edited by Dennis_van_eijk on
  • Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

A warning. Like they did with instaheals. Hell even a "we are gonna nerf moris by such and such date" instead of one day its just changed. But yes they totally gave a "warning". Lmfao.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280

I'm mad not because of the Mori change (which I think is fair, fun, and asethetic) but because keys weren't changed at the same time.

Keys (and comms) let survivors abuse keys just as bad as the old Moris with no limit.

• QuakeGibs
    QuakeGibs Member Posts: 3

I never used them to begin with so I'm not really impacted by the nerf.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,877

If you liked mori's for the animation then you have lost nothing. If you relied on mori's to win then you've just been forced to get better as a killer.

Either way the change is good.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

I find them lazy and ill timed. They make the offering worthless.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I like it, sure it is definitely not the best change and they still should have gotten keys done with them, but it was a huge problem with the game. Of many others, the devs have yet to touch...

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I feel Mori's had to be changed but they did a poor job changing them.

Yes we had to get rid of killer's tunneling someone off the hook to get rid of them right away with an ebony. Now Mori's are useless. I feel this is like the MoM change. It needed to be changed but what they did remove all practical uses.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Could of been done better and in a way that does not make the value of a item go down. As stated before either by forcing the Killer to hook everyone then they are aloud to mori or by basing around hooking someone and how many gens are done. (giving It more of a Killer is getting stressed out and trying to end It quickly thing)

I think red items for both sides should be..well powerful..But,If they barely have a luster they need a price decrease badly. Either that or let us destroy items in a grinder for Bps since those will go with the old moon items no one can use as useless trash.

Really, I think they should of put this in keys in the cooker at the sametime and see what simmers proper and warn both parties when the nerfs/reworks are coming so It can be total maddness til both get nerf...Would really get the game number up that day.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

They definately could have done more of a compromise with the iri mori. Should have been "after you have preformed 2-4 hooks, you may kill any survivor that has been hooked by your hand"

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155

Only buy them if you feel that you have too many bloodpoints

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I'm glad. Never really used them anyway, and now when there's a secret offering games won't be canceled because people don't want to play against Mori's.

And I'm glad they didn't warn us ahead of time. Survivors would've seen nothing but Mori's leading up to the date they changed them.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

They’re good. In fact, they’re even better because I don’t have to feel bad for wanting to see a cool kill animation.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I only use moris for the flashy kill animation so I'm indifferent about the change

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66

Don't care. Don't use them that often if at all. Expect when I see 4 flashlights.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Not a fan. It’s a worthless offering now. Not useless, just not worth paying for or even using.

• DoctorIdiot
    DoctorIdiot Member Posts: 56

I'm actually okay with it. Nice to see some balancing changes, although it would be nice to see some changes on the survivor side as well. It can still be useful if you just want to get someone out of the way right then and there rather than spending time finding a hook.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

The act of nerfing moris was totally fine, however nerfing it with 0 notice while not adjusting keys at the same time was a rude decision since it, yet again, put survivor fun above killers fun. And dont tell me "B-But keys require more work so they HAD to do moris first" No they freaking didnt. Its called do your job like you are paid to do. If you cant do it then fine, but dont do it in such a way that it picks a side.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,968

Mist offerings are now more useful to a killer than a mori.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

People still use moris? As a killer they make the game boring and as survivor seeing a mori makes it instantly unfun. I say just get rid of them and make a better gameplay design. But i know they wont. They cant. Theyve already proven they suck at game design lol

• kyra_omega
    kyra_omega Member Posts: 14

I main survivor...but I liked being moried (as long as it wasn't 2 minutes into the game). I feel like they could have done a better job balancing the mori. Make it like an exhaustion perk with individual timers for each hooked player? (3 minutes or something?) Or make it so a different player has to be hooked before they can mori the first target? Or make it so each player must be hooked at least once before the mori activates? Or so that 2 gens must be done first? Or x amount of time must have passed in the match based On average match times? I don't know. No one likes being taken out of the game too early, but I feel like it totally killed an awesome and fun perk for the killer (and us weird survivors).

• Deathslinger_Main
    Deathslinger_Main Member Posts: 75

I would have liked the mori change more if things like keys, OoO were addressed as well, because moris were my counter to swf, OoO haddonfield offering

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I like them now. It's a bit of a flex to get multiple moris off in a game now. Like, yeah I know that I'm giving up a BBQ aura and I'm stuck in animation but all of you are still going to die to by getting injected to death.

• I'm not a fan. Mori's are essentially pointless now. I already don't like using them since I'd rather use the offering slot to increase my BP, so if I'm going to use them, I prefer they actually change the balance of the match.

They should've made a Mori protection offering for survivors instead, honestly.