The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

exit gates open entirely too quickly

traviszenryo
traviszenryo Member Posts: 53
edited October 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

once the exit gates are powered, it takes 4-5 seconds to open it that's far too fast, i had a game where i had sacrificed 1 survivor , had one hooked , the exit gates got powered , i got 1 person at a gate hooked them right by it then had the the last person unhook run to a untouched gate on the other side of the map and open the gate in the span of 8 seconds. took him 4 seconds to unhook and get all the way across the map to the gate and 4 seconds to power it. i managed to get one survivor who tried to run as the one who powered it sat T bagging in the exit because survivors have no penalties. the time needs to be increased its pretty dang ridiculous.

edit: i checked it indeed takes roughly 17-20 seconds to open the gates once powered , dunno what happened that game

Post edited by traviszenryo on

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

It takes at least twice that. And remember me exists. Stop it, get some help

• snipergamergirl
    snipergamergirl Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2018
    What game are you seriously playing?  as a killer I assume you don’t see the problem with your statement. You shouldn’t be able to run across the map in the time you claim. It’s cause you are to fast & it takes the gate to long to open so you need to clock yourself before complaining about people with no powers or specialty like the killers have 
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Exit gates from start to finish take 20 seconds to open. Sounds like the gate was already partially done with the open sequence.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    edited October 2018

All I read from all that was you got tea bagged, which made you upset enough to come and make thinly veiled post about it.

• traviszenryo

@SadonicShadow said:
    Exit gates from start to finish take 20 seconds to open. Sounds like the gate was already partially done with the open sequence.

i actually asked the survivor after, he and no one else had touched it and he apologized for being toxic

• traviszenryo

@SadonicShadow said:

no you are right i went and checked its about 17-20 seconds , dunno how it got opened so quickly neither did the survivor after i asked him , it was untouched he said and apologized for being toxic at the gate

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@traviszenryo said:

@SadonicShadow said:

i actually asked the survivor after, he and no one else had touched it and he apologized for being toxic

Well if they had Hope or any other perk that speeds up actions then it would've opened quicker, not including another person having such a perk.

• traviszenryo
    edited October 2018

@snipergamergirl said:
    What game are you seriously playing?  as a killer I assume you don’t see the problem with your statement. You shouldn’t be able to run across the map in the time you claim. It’s cause you are to fast & it takes the gate to long to open so you need to clock yourself before complaining about people with no powers or specialty like the killers have 

first off survivors have a ton of perks to increase speed he had sprint burst which let him get there that quickly , if you think your statement is true you either never play survivor or are very bad at it. also i'm assuming you were saying i camp ? i do not its a stupid and toxic thing to do and i refuse to just camp someone out , only time i stay by hooks is if i see someone nearby

• traviszenryo

@powerbats said:

@traviszenryo said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Well if they had Hope or any other perk that speeds up actions then it would've opened quicker, not including another person having such a perk.

they didnt i dunno what happened

• powerbats

@traviszenryo said:

@powerbats said:

@traviszenryo said:

@SadonicShadow said:

That could just be lag then since the event has brought a lot of people out of the woodwork so to speak.

• traviszenryo

@powerbats said:

@traviszenryo said:

@powerbats said:

@traviszenryo said:

@SadonicShadow said:

That could just be lag then since the event has brought a lot of people out of the woodwork so to speak.

possibly i have no idea lol i have been having some lag spikes in some matches so maybe it just appeared that way but they had actually gotten there sooner

• DisturbedZ
    DisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

@traviszenryo said:
    once the exit gates are powered, it takes 4-5 seconds to open it that's far too fast, i had a game where i had sacrificed 1 survivor , had one hooked , the exit gates got powered , i got 1 person at a gate hooked them right by it then had the the last person unhook run to a untouched gate on the other side of the map and open the gate in the span of 8 seconds. took him 4 seconds to unhook and get all the way across the map to the gate and 4 seconds to power it. i managed to get one survivor who tried to run as the one who powered it sat T bagging in the exit because survivors have no penalties. the time needs to be increased its pretty dang ridiculous.

edit: i checked it indeed takes roughly 17-20 seconds to open the gates once powered , dunno what happened that game

You should use the remember me perk to slow down gate opening time if you think it is too fast. It might help you out a bit

• traviszenryo

@DisturbedZ said:

@traviszenryo said:

You should use the remember me perk to slow down gate opening time if you think it is too fast. It might help you out a bit

true very valid point, but means i have to level regarded worst killer lol

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@powerbats said:

@traviszenryo said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Wait, Hope does that?

• powerbats

@traviszenryo said:

@DisturbedZ said:

@traviszenryo said:

It could be worse, you could be leveling Quentin.

• traviszenryo
    edited October 2018

@powerbats said:

@traviszenryo said:

@DisturbedZ said:

@traviszenryo said:

It could be worse, you could be leveling Quentin.

quentin can be great though once you have the meta perks unlocked , i mainly use nea myself just cause i like her customization i have

• traviszenryo
    edited October 2018

@Rebel_Raven said:

@powerbats said:

@traviszenryo said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Wait, Hope does that?

it gives you a certain percentage of haste for a certain amount of time depending on what tier you are on, but haste only affects movement speed i think

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

Did he have Wake Up! ?

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited October 2018

@Rebel_Raven said:

@powerbats said:

@traviszenryo said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Wait, Hope does that?

Hope only adds haste which - 'Character's movement speed is enhanced. ' It does nothing to open the exit gates faster.

Edit: But...it can get you to the gate faster.

• powerbats

@darktrix said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

@powerbats said:

@traviszenryo said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Wait, Hope does that?

Hope only adds haste which - 'Character's movement speed is enhanced. ' It does nothing to open the exit gates faster.

Edit: But...it can get you to the gate faster.

Actually that's incorrect it also gives a haste aka speed bonus to all actions including healing, opening exit gates, cleansing totems, and opening chests, and unhooking people.

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

It doesn't really matter if it's 4 or 20 seconds with all these swf around. "I'm almost done with the last generator, get to the gate and be ready!" As soon as the alarm sounds, somebody is already at the lever and 20 seconds later the gate is open. Even if you arrive in time to hit the player opening it, they just run out during your attack cooldown. In the meantime, somebody realized which gate you are going to and opens the other one.

• tizzi717
    tizzi717 Member Posts: 89

@traviszenryo said:

play rember me, they game is just slow enough with the new healing time, don't cry always,you're destroying this game with all this useless gripes.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Gates do take way too little time to open. Not sure why gates and hatch are both survivor sided.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

@powerbats said:

@traviszenryo said:

@SadonicShadow said:

I think you mean Wake Up. Hope only increases movement speed. Also, if someone with leader stood by the person opening the gate, it would open faster and so would an injured person using resilience.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@traviszenryo said:

Perks can stack to open gates extremely fast, like prove thyself, resilience, leader, wake up, etc, anyways just run remember me or blood warden on hill billy if you cant deal with exit gates (btw I main huntress so dont challenge the old "requires skill" excuse)