The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Halloween Blight Event - Long Wait Times & Bad Game Experience (so far)

Two main issues I have with this event - queue times and game experience.

Killer queues take forever. I'm rank 12, right in the middle of where most people should be, and it takes an eternity to get a game. This was already a problem during right after the rank reset, but got better over time as the player distribution started to be within the same rank pool.

My other issue is in-game experience. Since I started the event, I had NO REAL GAMES both as survivor and killer. Every killer just wants to farm when I play survivor and every survivor just doesn't try when I play killer. This takes away the experience of the actual game. I can't even bare to play right now.

One of the main problems I see is that this extra objective is highly individual on the survivor side. It's possible that you put in an offering and never get to touch a single juice plant, thus getting nothing from the game. Not to mention that most players just spend their time running around the map not doing anything except looking for these plants. This mechanism doesn't really encourage team play, especially with strangers, and also slows the game down considerably that barely any gens getting done in the first 3-4 minutes of the game.

That being said, this means killers can now have more time to hunt survivors, right? No... no, the killers that I have come up against just want to farm during the event. Four (4) games in a row was nothing but killers wanting to farm. For whatever reason, these farming killers think they are doing a favor to me by allowing me to have 0 challenge in my games. It's the opposite, I want to experience the game in proper, not just get points. This isn't FarmVille or Clicker Heroes. I have absolutely no interest in those types of games and it's no fun as a survivor. Plus, these farming killers are hogging up all of the killer queues where killers who actually WANT to play the game properly have to wait ages for their room to be filled.

On the killer side, I get into games where survivors also expect nothing but farming. Or just die without a challenge because there are no gens pressuring me (because they are running around looking for nectar plants).

Also, the nectar bar only saves at every 1/3 of the tube as survivor. What is the actual purpose of this?? As if it wasn't hard enough getting nectar plants, you can't even keep what you got in the first place.

I like that the devs are trying something different from previous events, but this doesn't really work in my opinion. One of the best events to-date, personally, was the Summer BBQ event. In that event, you were still doing a shared objective and the benefits are actually shared with all other teammates. There was also push and pull between killers and survivors. Killers could use Event generators as a mark, where he/she knows survivors want this objective. Working as a team to finish these gens feels rewarding and earned. Sure, there were killers that still wanted to farm, but not nearly as many as this Halloween Blight event so far.

It is possible that I'm just having bad games so far, but there are flaws within this event system, and I think BHVR can improve on them.

Comments

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

Yep, and if you don't want to farm and want to play normally, or if you just don't need serum anymore - you're a toxic tryhard. Somebody on reddit said that his SWF friend was tunneled because he didn't bring the offering.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@SanKa_Games said:
    Somebody on reddit said that his SWF friend was tunneled because he didn't bring the offering.

How would the killer know who didn't bring an offering?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Queue times are a problem right now, there is either still a bug or not many survivors in your region, the former well it needs fixed but the latter means they have to do something to get more survivors playing.

As for the real games well this community is so toxic it's actually really nice to see both sides work towards a common goal and get along.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Visionmaker said:

@SanKa_Games said:
    Somebody on reddit said that his SWF friend was tunneled because he didn't bring the offering.

Just typical excuses

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

@Visionmaker said:

@SanKa_Games said:

As far as I remember, they said that everyone except that survivour took an offering. And you can also see offerings ingame. Not that hard to know who brought which offering.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@qwopperFourtySeven said:

Killer queues take forever. I'm rank 12, right in the middle of where most people should be, and it takes an eternity to get a game. This was already a problem during right after the rank reset, but got better over time as the player distribution started to be within the same rank pool.

My other issue is in-game experience. Since I started the event, I had NO REAL GAMES both as survivor and killer. Every killer just wants to farm when I play survivor and every survivor just doesn't try when I play killer. This takes away the experience of the actual game. I can't even bare to play right now.

One of the main problems I see is that this extra objective is highly individual on the survivor side. It's possible that you put in an offering and never get to touch a single juice plant, thus getting nothing from the game. Not to mention that most players just spend their time running around the map not doing anything except looking for these plants. This mechanism doesn't really encourage team play, especially with strangers, and also slows the game down considerably that barely any gens getting done in the first 3-4 minutes of the game.

That being said, this means killers can now have more time to hunt survivors, right? No... no, the killers that I have come up against just want to farm during the event. Four (4) games in a row was nothing but killers wanting to farm. For whatever reason, these farming killers think they are doing a favor to me by allowing me to have 0 challenge in my games. It's the opposite, I want to experience the game in proper, not just get points. This isn't FarmVille or Clicker Heroes. I have absolutely no interest in those types of games and it's no fun as a survivor. Plus, these farming killers are hogging up all of the killer queues where killers who actually WANT to play the game properly have to wait ages for their room to be filled.

On the killer side, I get into games where survivors also expect nothing but farming. Or just die without a challenge because there are no gens pressuring me (because they are running around looking for nectar plants).

Also, the nectar bar only saves at every 1/3 of the tube as survivor. What is the actual purpose of this?? As if it wasn't hard enough getting nectar plants, you can't even keep what you got in the first place.

I like that the devs are trying something different from previous events, but this doesn't really work in my opinion. One of the best events to-date, personally, was the Summer BBQ event. In that event, you were still doing a shared objective and the benefits are actually shared with all other teammates. There was also push and pull between killers and survivors. Killers could use Event generators as a mark, where he/she knows survivors want this objective. Working as a team to finish these gens feels rewarding and earned. Sure, there were killers that still wanted to farm, but not nearly as many as this Halloween Blight event so far.

It is possible that I'm just having bad games so far, but there are flaws within this event system, and I think BHVR can improve on them.

I really like this event, im getting 80-100k EVERY match and saying "GG EZ GAME EZ LIFE" or "GG 2 EZ, followed by a GG = Git Gud" because of no gens done at Rank 1 while survivors cry me a river on the chat. Feels good man! :chuffed:

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Honestly I like the farming games more than the tryhard camping tunnel killer games, those are the most unfun experience because I can't do anything in game or get any serum and the killer doesn't need to camp

• I think it's a matter of perspective. I personally play to get chased in the game. Being "tunneled" is more fun and interactive for me than sitting around trying to get points (or worse, hide in a corner doing nothing but trying to stay safe). It is also why I enjoy playing killer so much -- I can be engaged in almost every moment in the match. I can see getting a breather from the "toxicity" can be refreshing with the sweet points, but getting "free" points with almost no effort isn't really fun for me personally.

• Gunmech04
    Gunmech04 Member Posts: 77

@Bug_Reporter said:

I really like this event, im getting 80-100k EVERY match and saying "GG EZ GAME EZ LIFE" or "GG 2 EZ, followed by a GG = Git Gud" because of no gens done at Rank 1 while survivors cry me a river on the chat. Feels good man! :chuffed:

And that attitude right there coupled with the crappy Survivor nerfs this patch and this ######### event is why Killers have a ridiculous que time because no one wants to play with all these toxic ######### in this game now.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Gunmech04 said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

And that attitude right there coupled with the crappy Survivor nerfs this patch and this ######### event is why Killers have a ridiculous que time because no one wants to play with all these toxic ######### in this game now.

Queue times are high because there are 4 times more killers around. Since every survivor main tries to get those killer vials.

Oh and the patch was the most balanced one we got this year. 
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Tsulan said:
    Gunmech04 said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

Queue times are high because there are 4 times more killers around. Since every survivor main tries to get those killer vials.

Also gonna mention that the additional objectives for survivors takes a ######### load of pressure off the killer's back, making the game faaar more enjoyable overall.

• Gunmech04
    Gunmech04 Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2018
    Tsulan said:
    Gunmech04 said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

The patch is a ######### joke. maybe is Behaviour didn't force Survivors to play Killer for the stupid vials wait times would be better, but I'm betting this crappy patch has something to do with wait times as well. Every killer is now running some version of mangaled because it takes ######### forever to heal now, even if someone is using a medkit or We'll Make It. Killers also got more hooks added. This patch is so biased towards killers it's ridiculous.
  • Tsulan
    Gunmech04 said:
    Tsulan said:
    Gunmech04 said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

The patch is a [BAD WORD] joke. maybe is Behaviour didn't force Survivors to play Killer for the stupid vials wait times would be better, but I'm betting this crappy patch has something to do with wait times as well. Every killer is now running some version of mangaled because it takes [BAD WORD] forever to heal now, even if someone is using a medkit or We'll Make It. Killers also got more hooks added. This patch is so biased towards killers it's ridiculous.
    Killers didn't get more hooks. They are just more evenly distributed. 
    Survivors complained that sabotage is worthless. Well, now it makes sense to sabotage. Healing needed a nerf, because everyone was running self care. No one tried to heal others. Survivor felt way to save. Now I see more teamwork. But I guess that's a bad thing for you. 

But I agree on 1 thing. They shouldn't force players to play both sides to get all vials. 
    Maybe they change that.
  • wimlin
    wimlin Member Posts: 30

The patch is a [BAD WORD] joke. maybe is Behaviour didn't force Survivors to play Killer for the stupid vials wait times would be better, but I'm betting this crappy patch has something to do with wait times as well. Every killer is now running some version of mangaled because it takes [BAD WORD] forever to heal now, even if someone is using a medkit or We'll Make It. Killers also got more hooks added. This patch is so biased towards killers it's ridiculous.

All I have to say is this patch and event are incredibly biased towards killers. The lowest I think I've seen a killer get is 60k blood and I've seen 100k+. But aside from that since they always get double blood because of the patch nerfing survivors and adding an event that makes matches around 5 minutes longer almost nobody is escaping anymore unless the killer decides to farm and then let them escape. I'd say 90% of my matches now are resulting (non-farm) are resulting in all 4 survivors getting killed. I'd even say in about half of matches not even a single generator is getting done. This event and patch is beyond game breaking and is probably mechanic wise the worst I've ever experienced in 25 years of gaming. On top of how bad the event itself in-game is I can't understand why they limited it to 30 vials so that a) they punish hard-core players by having them finish in a couple days and not being able to participate after. b) then casual players get punished because the hardcore players wont' be doing the event in more which dramatically nerfs how many of the vials get finished and the bonus it creates. I don't understand how no one thought about all these game-breaking issues before putting out this event. It so bad it would be a lot better if you just canceled it altogether and possibly make the healing nerf about half of what you did. The games are just stupidly biased toward killers and you have got to know that when you see the stats, but maybe you won't realize it because there is a lot of farming going on. They should really make the individual devs play in some random matches to see what is really going on.

• wimlin
    wimlin Member Posts: 30

Survivors complained that sabotage is worthless. Well, now it makes sense to sabotage. Healing needed a nerf, because everyone was running self care. No one tried to heal others. Survivor felt way to save. Now I see more teamwork. But I guess that's a bad thing for you. 

But I agree on 1 thing. They shouldn't force players to play both sides to get all vials. 
    Maybe they change that.

What? How is sabotage not still worthless? Its actually a TON more worthless because of this event. I got the sabotage daily today and guess what. You can't mess with the blighted hooks. Do you know how long it took to actually find a couple hooks I could sabotage? Pretty close to the entire match. And clearly sabotaging those hooks does nothing at all since the killer doesn't even use the non-blighted hooks. Should have canceled that daily for this event.

• Tsulan
    wimlin said:

Maybe they change that.

What? How is sabotage not still worthless? Its actually a TON more worthless because of this event. I got the sabotage daily today and guess what. You can't mess with the blighted hooks. Do you know how long it took to actually find a couple hooks I could sabotage? Pretty close to the entire match. And clearly sabotaging those hooks does nothing at all since the killer doesn't even use the non-blighted hooks. Should have canceled that daily for this event.

So you couldn't sabotage normal hooks and complete your daily? Oh wait, no. You complain that you can't ruin killers event. 
    Gotcha.
  • Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194

killer dictates the pace of the game.. i finished survivor vials .. if they wanted to farm i just got my points did gens and got out..as killer im playing normal.... its much harder to collect nectar if the hooks are all on one side of the map.. surviovrs go and die as far away from hook if u dont farm.. im averaging 1 vile fro every 2 games as killer.. while as survivor i got a full vile almost every game ..

• xcottonx
    xcottonx Member Posts: 33

Maybe they make the event last a week or half an week longer because of the Killer's queue times.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

@SanKa_Games said:

In the pause menu now it shows who brought what