How can you think Pig is ok, Devs?

Options

Seriously, she has a ######### sound cue to let you know her "ambush attack" is coming, ambush means surprise attack, why does she still have her roar? At least place it to where she stands up and starts running.

Her traps are completely RNG, you said they were designed to waste survivors time, what kind of time is It gonna waste if they get It off on their first try. Imo they should search for at least 2 boxes and then it's a 50/50 between the last 2. And yh, I know how the traps actually work, each trap at the start of the game gets pared with a Jigsaw Box... Just delete that and improve how It works because nobody likes that and we've been saying It for years.

Her main power, the traps, is useless once all the gens are done, you can escape with the freacking trap on your head, and no one EVER asked for that nerf, not even survivors. Are you seriously telling me that It was that hard to keep the power as It was and just make the endgame timer go slower when someone has a trap on? Also, now that Victor can hold a survivor and stop them from leaving, It wont even be necessary to kill then if they try to leave, just add that same option when they have the trap on.

And these are just some ideas, but her add-ons need a rework as well, just saying.

Comments

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555
    Options

If they go for RBT only at then end then she has nothing to slow down the game and her dash attack is niche right now.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

I didn't even know they nerfed the pig.

On this forum, everyone tells me killers and their perks are essentially never nerfed but just a 'rework' due to some bull reasons like, it was OP, unfun, and boring.

And they're serious about their claims.

So now u can escape w a activated trap on ur head? Or it just simply deactivates once all gens are done?

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170
    Options

I would be nice if opening the games would activate her traps. Probably should slow the timer down as well.

I just personally kinda enjoy the RNG part to her. Although it seems like most of the time, the survivors get the RBT off first time.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

They're answering you by saying there's a drawback and risk to only using the traps at the end of the game.

"Making inactive Traps allow Survivors to exit is IMO kinda a good move. Otherwise most gameplay will see Pig placing towards the end of match, banking on forcing Survivors to go to a box where you will be able to check their position during the EGC and quite literally making hook saves on trapped survivors pointless."

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Before, in addition to the timer starting when a gen is completed, a Reverse Bear Trap's timer would also automatically start once the Exit Gates were powered, which meant that attempting to cross through the Exit Gates while wearing a Trap would instantly kill you.

Now, the timer only starts ticking when a generator is a completed, and a Reverse Bear Trap will only kill someone trying to escape if the Trap's timer has started. If the gens are all finished (or the Hatch is closed), putting a Reverse Bear Trap on someone is pointless because it will never start up and thus will not kill someone trying to escape through the Exit Gate.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

I wouldnΒ΄t be surprised if the devs nerfed the pig.

Since she has a high kill rate.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    edited December 2020
    Options

#########? Who said she's useless? And why does someone has to have a bad match in order to speak some truth? I havent played the game in like 2 weeks. It's sad how almost everyone in this community has so much sense of superiority that when someone has actual reasons to make a point they go with the clitche "oh you made a post because you had a bad match."

I made the post because SOME DEVS, who Im not gonna name here... think Pig is just ok the way she is right now...

• TAG
    Options

I don't think so, personally. Given how the only point in the game where those two aspects of the Pig would intersect is the very end of the game, I can't see how letting those two things happen would end up pushing Pig over the edge. The only thing you'd really need to do is just ensure that wearing an RBT in the end-game would not be a guaranteed death sentence (which is pretty much as simple as making sure the EGC timer isn't running while someone's RBT timer is ticking down).

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

Even when RBT used to kill survivors, most people would still use It mid game because It is way better to do so.

It wasnt efficient to play endgame, It could get you some kills but the main reason why people played It was fun. People, including myself, made a lot of noise when the devs nerfed her because they killed a fun endgame build for no reason at all.

• noctis129
    Options

Pig is just a m1 killer w no anti loop skills. So she basically sucks.

• noctis129
    Options
  • BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555
    Options

You were saying it's a good thing that trap do nothing end game & don't activate at EGC. It's just bad that it doesn't and like Terro said, if the killed bank on RBT at the end then she have nothing for the rest of the game.

IMO it would make her end game more interesting while not being op.

• TAG
    Options

Considering that 3/4 people (assuming everyone is still alive by then) can just leave easy peasy, I don't see that as an issue as long as it's not overbuffed. Sure, the Pig could keep Survivors trapped with a Reverse Bear Trap, but that is likely to affect no more than one person unless the others feel like being super altruistic.

And yes, I am advocating for a special case for the Reverse Bear Trap. As far as "not a death sentence", they can still leave through the Hatch as long as the other Survivors have the common sense to leave.

• TAG
    Options

Death by altruism means little to me. If you don't want that to happen, leave. If that's the only issue with this, then I don't see a reason to not bring it back.

• TAG
    Options

Alternatively, everyone leaves similar to NOED and that's that?

• TAG
    Options

I'm saying they leave the unfortunate Survivor behind. It's what I would do.

• TAG
    Options

From my experiences, that point of the game is usually filled with camping a captured Survivor anyways, so it's not like it's thrilling and engaging to begin with. :P

• TAG
    Options

You get the unhook, body block a hit to give the RBT Survivor a head start, and then everyone bails for the exit while the RBT person looks for the Hatch.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited December 2020
    Options

They looked at their statistics, which is all they know how to do, and decided she is fine. Because they don't understand how to balance their own game and because they've created imaginary "win" conditions for balance to make balance easier. Dur, 2 kill. 2 Survive. Iz balance!!!

• TAG
    Options

Pig wasn't good (in my opinion) when she had access to that option, and she hasn't gotten anything meaningful that would warrant not re-gaining that. I'm not going to start playing an endgame cheese build if this were re-implemented because I don't think an endgame cheese build is anything more than a gimmick.

• TAG
    Options

I see it as more of a quality of life change that returns what was needlessly lost.

• TAG
    Options

I believe the positive outweighs the negative. Largely because I think the negative is quite low.

• TAG
    Options

No, I think that's a change that will restore something that was needlessly taken away.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Pig could use some help for sure. But have you ever gone against a top tier Pig player before? Its fun, but holy crap do you realize quickly you probably aren't going to survive.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

By that logic once the final gen is done huntress drops hatchets, billy looses his chainsaw, nurse cant blink. After all why are you waiting till end if match to use your power

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

As someone who plays a LOT of The Pig, she's underrated, IMO (and I play the huge majority of matches against Rank 1-6 survivors, and a lot of teams). She's not a Spirit or a good Nurse player, but she's far from helpless.

I'd like to see the Ambush Attack be more polished and deadly, but overall, her multiple powers serve her well, with the right perks. I run Ruin/Undying -- because that's the best gen slowdown you can get -- along with Surveillance, which pairs perfectly to let me know when people are off and on generators and provides a ton of info on survivor location. BBQ is usually my last perk, giving more info (especially helpful to see survivors heading for Jigsaw boxes across the map, or people on gens I can go and chase off and start the Ruin regression).

I don't camp (hooks or boxes) or tunnel -- no need to. Keeping Ruin up is definitely key to applying pressure. My solid matches end up with me getting a relatively quick down and a trap on someone's head, preferably right before a gen pops. I use all of my traps early -- I've had matches where all four survivors had traps on their heads, or multiple people are trapped at once. Do gens in that situation? Now survivors' traps are active, and the timer is ticking. Get off gens to search boxes? Gens get wrecked by Ruin. In a good match, gen progress stalls after the first couple are done, as people are running around trying to get their heads free and Ruin is doing work at that point. If I happen to run across someone on a box, I sometimes will simply down them and keep going -- the hook isn't even always necessary at that point to keep pressure on.

If I'm feeling spicy, I run the Tampered Timer/Crate of Gears combo, and then it can really get messy. I've had survivors die to the trap because they didn't realize at first they were dealing with a limited time to get free and did other stuff instead. I've had survivors die to a regular trap as well for the same reasons. If Ruin is alive, I try to keep pushing people off of gens and keep pressure on everyone. The matches that go poorly are usually ones where Ruin and Undying go bye-bye quickly (contrary to what some people think, that happens more frequently than people realize) and RNG isn't friendly (everyone gets their trap off immediately!), but not every match against good survivors is going to end in the killer's favor (and I've still been able to have good matches where Ruin/Undying were cleansed early, so that loss can be overcome).

I've been a Red Rank killer and I still have a TON to improve on with my gameplay, but I do well with her against good teams. If I can manage that, anyone can with a little practice, lol.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

Id argue the ambush and stealth are even more useless than traps at exit gates. Unless you kike the death threats survivors give you

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

the Pig isn't that great.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

As my friend said@ChiSoxFan11 said Oink!

Honestly I she struggles but its a good struggle I'd rather keep her the same add on adjustment is needed yeah but I fear them nerfing her again as in the case of most add on reworks.

I want changes but the same time I feel they would take away what actually makes her fun.

No more pig nerfs plz we have been so good with our boops I promise πŸ·πŸ˜‡

• CCClark
    CCClark Member Posts: 32
    Options

Pig is bad, yes but she doesn't need serious buffs, all she needs are traps to activate even if the last gen was already popped, she needs better addons for her, I would love more things affecting her dash like a pink addon that makes the dash silent. Her traps should not be RNG and I completely agree with you on that, although I don't know how they'd fix that sadly. As a pig main, I am sad.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

The "bad match" line was just an attempt at humor buddy. I have no superiority complex and we all rant from time to time.

I honestly didn't think that post would trigger you like that.

Just remind yourself it's a video game. Take some deep breaths. I do agree that pig needs some work.

• voorheesgt
    Options

If I'm understanding this right it's being suggested that RBT activate when placed during EGC in trade for stopping the EGC timer... Is that the suggestion (not by you, just in general)?

This would create another scenario in which games could be taken hostage.

If you place a trap on 1 survivor while 3 others get the benefit of hiding or just griefing the killer indefinitely.

If the EGC doesn't pause, and just slows then it creates a situation where a single survivor just needs to be followed from JS Box to JS Box, totally blocking any attempt to save them because only they can remove they're trap. It forces a 1v1 that will always end in the pigs favor.

I don't see this suggestion being healthy for the game with the abuse potential from both sides.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited December 2020
    Options

Rank 1 pig who basically always 4ks here:

The traps are an absurd level of mid-match stall and pressure that allow you to play more agro, but they are often misused. Players often talk about things like slow release toxin saying 'why would I want to tunnel someone with the trap when I know they aren't on gens?'

This is true, you shouldn't be too gung ho about actually killing trapped survivors, but you should be doing EVERYTHING you can to force OTHER survivors to assist trapped survivors. You down a trapped survivor and just walk away to pressure gens more? Someone has to get their ass OFF gens to get em up, which takes LONGER than a hook rescue generally.

The purpose of Pig isn't to get kills with traps, or to stall by making people search the boxes, prevent people opening exit gates. Its to be a huge pain in the ass!

Once you get 2 traps on head? Start patrolling boxes in addition to gens. Once you get 3? Patrol boxes, not gens. Slug the hell out of trapped people, its THEIR job to pick em up, not yours. Keep people injured, break off chases very willingly to go back to objective lockdown. If you slug someone off a box their box progress is GONE.

Slow release toxin is great because it makes slugging people crazy easy, and slows down how fast they can search traps. Blinding traps are fantastic because they prevent affected survivors in a non-SWF scenario from assisting each other when downed. Obviously trash in SWF.

Everyone goes gaga over straps and tape. I literally never use them. Ambush and crouching aren't why you play Pig. You play pig to be cruel, not to be a lame version of ghostface. I don't place much faith in increasing box count (it increases the number of boxes you need to patrol even if it makes it less likely the first box has the key) or the 'remove to reveal aura' (because your goal is to keep the hat on forever and just grind away at the survivors with it). Bag of gears is great, extra traps are great, tampered timer can be surprisingly good, and slow release is fantastic. Make life as bad as you can for the survivors when they get trapped.

The beauty of the traps is they extend the midgame out a LOT if you use them well. Your job as a pig is to make life agony for the survivors, but in a way that is way more fair than Freddy. Its why I don't think the gate nerf really did much to Pig: if your waiting to trap till late your kinda missing the point. I think ambush and stealth could be tuned up, but she actually just has a great gameplay loop, because the point of her mechanic is that the RBT kill is not a thing that is intended to happen, its just a mechanic that forces the survivors to do something to avoid death, which is a subtle and cool mechanic. It should realistically never fire unless you can tell someone's last box, or if you got a tampered timer on a big map and slug someone once or twice. But that is fine, because the fact that the RBT lets you control survivor behavior is so huge.

• voorheesgt
    Options

She definitely needs an add-on rework.

She's the only killer that has mostly add-ons that work more a against her than for her except post rework billy. But with billy, they went in with the mindset that he needed to be less lethal. I doubt they'd give the pig WORSE add-ons if they rework them... But logic has eluded the devs before lol.