Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Moris nurfed.... why is tombstone still a thing the?

As the title says, just a genuine question, no hate or arguments needed

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Depends on whether we are talking about Tombstone Piece or Judith's Tombstone. Tombstone Piece we could potentially have a discussion on. Judith's Tombstone is in my opinion one of the weakest Ultra Rare add-ons in the game. That movement speed loss is just brutal.

• stufoot99
    stufoot99 Member Posts: 47

Judiths Tombstone requires you to stalk survivors for a long time, letting them do generators in the meantime. Also you can counter it by going into a locker. Old moris were an offering that you can bring that just let killers kill all four survivors with way less work on their part.

Overall, the first requires much more setup and may not work at all, and the second allowed all killers to cut most of their objective out of the game, with no setup or counter.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954
    edited December 2020

Tombstone Piece definitely is gonna get nerfed or removed in the future.

For the medial cost of "Considerably increases the amount of Evil required to reach Evil Within III for the first time" you can instantly kill someone. Sure, it takes you out of EW3 after a kill, but it skips all hook states and can activate multiple times.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

The Mori change was a very simple number fix. Tombstone piece can't be changed the same way.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Relax with the Tombstone. It slows Myers down a lot and he needs to stalk you a long time with the hair. If you notice his movements and how long it takes him to get to Tier 1 then that's a signal for you to break LOS and genrush the heck out of it. If you don't then well that's on you and your team.

Myers is like the best killer in the game. I say that both from Survivor and Killer perspective. No, he's not the strongest. But he's the most fun and his mechanics are great, and his add-ons are even better.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Because there's no reason to.. I have a little over 3,000 hours in DBD and have only gone against a Tombstone Myers and or Infinite Tier 3 a hand full of times. It's extremely rare to go against a Myers in general, let alone a Tombstone Myers.

• JasonS
    JasonS Member Posts: 100

If I remember correctly, BVHR can't remove Tombstone because it would invalidate one of his achievements.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

meyers in pretty difficult to use if the survivors aren't completely oblivious and are mindful about not feeding him when on decent maps that provide obstacles and well placed generators. I even one person feeds the hell out of him though then yeah that's gonna feel pretty bad for you. But hopefully it'll be a lessonf or them, theyc an look atw hat akiller's abilities do without owning the killer which is something they should do when one gives them trouble.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Because one of the weakest killers in the game (well designed or otherwise) shouldn't be nerfed because you find him killing you "unfun"? Moris ending the game early, which is why they were nerfed, tombstone does not, Myers works for it and hard at that.