The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Shrine of Secrets/Shards/2.0.0

Are Shards being reset to 0 with 2.0.0, and is that why the message on the main discussion page is telling us this is our last chance to use them before 2.0.0? Clarification on this would be nice so we don't lose shards we could have spent before the update, but at the same time If they aren't being reset I'd like to know so I can save them for cosmetics. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

They do not reset.
    But you're better using it before the patch since they won't have the same value per unit after the patch.

• OtterDoc
    OtterDoc Member Posts: 7

Understood, but still having 600 shards now, will surely go towards a few pieces of cosmetics after the update. Thanks for the information though!

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

It's up to you.
    Basically, right now, 550 shards will earn you 200k bp (or the perk).
    Post patch, it will ask you way more shards to get 150k bp (or the perk). Not sure about the exact amount.

You can obviously save your shards to get some cosmetics, but shards will be way easier to earn (3 to 5 times faster than the current ratio, basically), that's why they suggest to use it now rather than keeping them if you feel like it.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474
    edited June 2018

Okay, so I've been working a lot of hours now (*edit So I'm having a tough time remembering), and in the time it takes me to type this question....the wonderful and friendly, all knowing DBD community will help me out:

Shards are NOT resetting....got it.
    Shards can be used in 2.0 to purchase cosmetics.
    The Shrine will be brought down for an unknown time during/after the patch.

Questions:

Will the Shrine return, and if so, will it still be used to purchase teachable perks (but at a much higher rate, with no bank limit, as before)?

A such, buying a teachable perk NOW is like buying it "on sale"?

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126

Shrine will return on June 29th and teachable perks will still be available for purchase in the shrine but the cost of them are going to be 2000 / 2700 shards and the trade in will be 150,000 for 2000 shards and 200,000 for 2700 shards for newer perks.