CAN WE STOP WITH THE END GAME COLLAPSE CHALLENGES FOR KILLER!?!?

Options

I have to purposely play bad for them to finish gens so I could then hope to hook someone during EGC. It’s so dumb why would they give us a challenge where we have to force ourselves to lose to do it.

Comments

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444
    edited December 2020
    Options

Slug if it's 99% and open gate yourself then hook... Sadly u gotta take a loss and depip to get a challenge but that's how it works if u want to get it efficiently fast

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

You don’t need all generators to be completed. You just need to catch the last person when you close the hatch.

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66
    Options

Been playing surv lately and seen killers go afk till EDC and decided to give them the kill cuz I know this challenge is dumb as #########. Why why they make those challenges so annoying to the point of me not wanting to play anymore.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Challenges ruined solo queue as well. I avoid solo queue entirely the first few days after a new tome level because people bomb hooks, run around cleansing totems then kill themselves on first hook so they can do the same again in another match, and throw the game to try for stuns and blinds. It’s unbearable.

I like the challenges that are killer specific or perk specific, as long as they’re not too weird or wacky. Stuff like Dwight The Brave is just sadistic though, or the basement challenges. Do they think they’re encouraging fun gameplay with this stuff?

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

yeah the only tasks should be hook x/hit x/break x for killers and should never be all in one game same goes for survivors, it should never ask you to change your play style, or feel stressed or worse demand you own a specific person, challenges and dailies are a bane on good game design,

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

Agreed. They're horrible. I won't even be trying this one as a survivor main.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,080
    Options

I remember facing a team who basically forced me to afk so they could finish gens just so I had a chance to even get some EGC hooks.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

I agree, it's really unfun.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994
    Options

We should do 1 major thread with everything we dislike about rift tomes challenges. See if we can get devs to change it via our feedback

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

you can't expect them to understand that unless they played their own game

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

so even when they played badly you didn't feel rewarded LOL

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

Couldn't you just.. kill them and move on to the next game? It's not like someone was pointing a gun on you to finish that quest on that specific game :|

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

I did it this way

Down the last guy, close the hatch, and hook him. 4 games and done.. no need to lose on purpose

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,080
    Options

I could have, but it was 2 gens left at that point. It was one of those games where if I was actually trying it should have been over already. Plus I did actually want to use blood warden.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Yeah. Especially for killers end game challenges are unfun.

I always cutting a deal with the survivors for the endgame hooks.

No point to get frustrated.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

Yeah if you have a challenge as a killer that's jut unfun to do, If you can communicate with the survivors, just tell them that's what you're doing, If you don't double-cross them they usually let you.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

I let them know before the game via pm. Bunch free bps for them, for me, and challenge done in a single game.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

that's how I do it too. free BP for the team and I get the challenge done. you can't do that as a survivor though.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Same thing with Thorough Destruction (kick 15 pallets and/or gens in one match). They’re both controlled by the Survivors or they force you to make the match boring for yourself (and probably for the Survivors too).

The EGC challenges rely on you getting lucky with RNG (Hatch location, gate spawn, the sound not bugging out) and having Survivors that are good enough to get there but aren’t godly at the game so they demolish you. Thorough Destruction also needs those types of Survivors. All I got while attempting it were Survivors that went down too quickly (either because they were bad or just really wanted a stun against Doctor and Freddy) I had one game where they actually lasted more than 10 minutes but they were also obsessed with the stun. It’s almost like they knew what I was trying to do. In order to beat either of these challenges I had to extend the match which was pretty boring. I could’ve just slaughtered them all but nope, I had to let them run around and drop pallets or repair gens just for a stupid challenge.

I’ve said this a bunch of times, but I think the Archive team either has no idea how the game is actually played or is using the Archives as a testing ground to see what’s broken or how people actually play this game. Notice how we haven’t got anything like Six Feet Under (basement 4k) again? I think the devs actually saw our feedback and realized that killing everyone in the basement is actually extremely rare and decided that it was a BS challenge.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

It doesn't have to be in a single match. Its one of those leave it sit there and you'll eventually get it kind of things

• xI_Fabi_Ix
    xI_Fabi_Ix Member Posts: 129
    Options

That's good for trophies, but bad for rift challenges.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

To date, the worst killer challenge I ever did was the one where you had to sacrifice two survivors during EGC in a single game. I tried to do it normally but, after three or four attempts, I used NOED and Blood Warden. I also wanted to maximize my chance to catch one once the gates were open, so I didn't kill anyone before EGC. I only took the two kills and let the other two go, but they were mad, and I understand why.

I think the current challenge is better, in that you can spread it out across several games, but it would take a lot of matches to have the right circumstances happen organically four times. It's frustrating because the circumstances to make it happen aren't in the killer's control.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

Challenges are dumb.

Everyone plays stupid not just killers.

• Monarch
    Monarch Member Posts: 133
    Options

I think you've got on the right lines but i do believe that there should be non-essential challenges (non-master too) that you can do just for a challenge or perhaps they can hold like 75k BP or exclusive charms. Note on the owning specific characters - I agree, I think that maybe you should just have to own the perks / do the task as anyone. I think it'd be nice if behavior intentionally manipulated the shrine to give necessary perks for these challenges - but hey, business pays the bills and pay locked content is BHVR's speciality.

To conclude, yes i don't think i should have to chainsaw 7 trillion survivors when you've sunken 0 hours into billy and only have him for enduring.

But, I think if BillyBoi69 who's been player since beta and has 10000 hours in billy alone is up for the challenge more power to him.