We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Dead by daylight 2 killers

Chilli_man2400
Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,892
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

This might not happen but if I were to make a DBD 2 sequel I would sadly cut some killers out here’s a list of killers I will keep I’m not counting licensed characters

Keep: Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, Doctor, Huntress, Clown, Spirit, Legion, Oni and Blight

CUT: Nurse, Hag, Plague, and Twins

this might be controversial but I would remove those killers they are not very good even though nurse is strong she’s buggy and unfun to use and the others are just bad or unhealthy or the game. What are your thoughts?

Post edited by Chilli_man2400 on

Comments

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356
    edited December 2020

I would keep Nurse,DS and Hag as they are

Plague and Twins could be reworked to be more fun & healthy for the game rather than just deleting them

oh, nurse could be buffed a bit though

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

no they shouldn't cut killer, but if thay had too they need to keep 1 killer of each playstyle.

lucky for us all original expect deathslinger and plague represent a unique playstyle so expect 2 of themm all original killer can stay.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    edited December 2020

Part of the issues with DBD now are related to bugs and balance, part of which is a result of the number of Killers and Survivors (and perks) there are (i.e. way too many) so, bringing over original characters would have to be very limited imo. For a sequel, part of BHVR's goal and foundational design philosophy should include good balance among characters/perks and ease of making changes as it relates to balance.

Overall, I'd say start with a half and half concept - whatever number of Killers and Survivors they'd plan on having, half of them are new, and half are originals. It'd probably be smart to go by the numbers on this sort of thing (i.e. look at which characters are played most and bring those over to DBD2), but I agree with what Aldofer mentioned too about bringing in 1 from each playstyle - like bringing Myers AND Ghostface over wouldn't make sense, you'd choose 1 or the other.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I hate your idea because I'm a nurse main and I think she's the most fun killer to play, people who don't like the nurse haven't put in the time it takes to be consistently good at high ranks with her

• The_Krapper

Nurse buffed ? That would be insane I think she needs QOL changes but she's fine where she's at balance wise , we don't need the five blink nurse to make a comeback

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,718

This may sound bad but honestly I'd agree with removing Nurse. She's far too unique to be balanced in any way- either she's overbearingly strong or she's stupidly weak. All of the newer killers they make aren't like her, and neither are the old ones; no killer can just ignore everything in their way like a Nurse can. She'd never be made currently.

• The_Krapper

Nurse is one of the few killers that make it a skill vs skill situation

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,856

If they made a DBD 2, they'd better keep spirit or we gonna have a problem.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Don't touch my blinky girl :(

And at least she takes time to get to that really strong level unlike some other killers.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,718

My guy I play her a lot, I know. I'm just saying that due to her design of literally ignoring everything that she's incredibly hard to balance and so if they made a DBD 2, it'd be a wise move to leave her out of it. She's the only 96% killer, the only killer who ignores everything, and they would never- ever- make the Nurse today.

And I agree she takes time to get strong, and I'm not asking for a Nurse nerf- I play her an awful lot and have a load of fun with her! However her mechanics are so far left field than everyone else in the game that, if DBD 2 were to be made, imo she should be left out of it, or given a complete kit (and map) rework to better fit into the cast of killers.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Bruh, see what Blizz did with Warcraft:Reforged and the backlash of killing the previous active game.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Well, I don't think there will ever be a DbD 2 - at least not for awhile. There is no reason for them to make a sequel, not when they've been making so much new content. I could be proven wrong though. But if they did, I don't imagine they'd get rid of any killers. Maybe rework a few, and we would probably lose some licenses, but I'm pretty damn sure all the original killers would appear.

That would he the worst possible thing they could do. That would effectively force any one who wants to keep playing DbD to buy the new game.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

it was a joke chill, and fighting do it, but it don't split the player base, i think people can play different game so why not play dbd1 and dbd 2?

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

DBD2 should have royale matches. 20 survivors try to find a way out by completing a series of puzzles and challenges like a sophisticated Among Us game while 3 killers stalk the mega maps. Last survivor wins, if only one survives but they can potentially all escape. I drew up maps on grid papers like a nerd because I thought it'd be a cool idea but I don't know how to program. I may post them sometime but I don't know if people are interested. The thing is that it would be pretty different, relying more on stealth. No red stains or terror radii, and most killers would have different abilities (Oni can no longer charge, but power attacks could cripple survivor's movement for some time that remains even if they're picked up).

The first map is a mansion, mostly drawing on assets they already have. There's a botany room in the front of the house taken from Crotus Prenn Asylum (the glass room with the vault spot). It's mostly a clue style mansion but going past the atrium are two hallways with replicas of some of the killers. They're randomized, so a clever Ghostface or Oni could come to life. The basement has access ways to the main floor but only the killer can activate them. Once used, they're open for the rest of the game. Same with the deep freezer (stuffed with bodies) and the storage rooms (full of sadistic tools and secret plans). There's a second floor of bedrooms, where most of the generator style challenges are. However, only some rooms are connected. Some are death traps with the only escape being to climb on the ledge outside. Then there's the attic. The attic a myriad of sounds, which may or may not be threatening.

The second map is a mall. It's single level, widely spaced out. There's a theater section where you can see Myers, Freddy, and Ghostface on the big screens. Once the electrical challenges are done on this side of the map burns and pushes survivors out (if they remain in the fire, they are slugged and must crawl out, if they don't then they lose the game so there's no hiding in here and claiming first place). The rest of the map includes a food court with generator challenges which turns the lights on after completion ruining stealth for survivors. There are also shops where random puzzles spawn in between the theater and the food court. Smaller shops host clothing racks that survivors can hide inside within. The thing about this map is that it's very large in the beginning to favor survivors but steadily begins to favor the killers as the big challenges are completed by making the map smaller and the survivors more visible.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

Cut Nurse?!

Ow! My feelings!

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

If were talkin' DBD 2, I think they'd rip the idea of an Overwatch 2 and put in a campaign, better graphics, and FULL crossplay between the games.

I also walked in thinking this was about a "2 killers" gamemode.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited December 2020

Why would they cut any Killers? Reducing the variety would be a bad move on their part and many people would just continue to play DBD.

Also: "this might be controversial but I would remove those killers they are not very good even though nurse is strong she’s buggy and unfun to use and the others are just bad or unhealthy or the game. What are your thoughts?" And you list the Hag and Deathsling? lmao what?

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,892

I put them there cause even though Hag is strong she promotes a unhealthy play style of trapping the hook and leaving she is a camping machine. I kinda regret Slinger they can tweak him a little so I’ll remove him from the cut list,

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Why remove characters? I'd be open to single player mode and revamped perk/bloodweb system.

• psych321
    psych321 Member Posts: 4

People who bought new killers will be pissed.never good idea to split playerbase.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

If anyone followed that advise then there'd be no sequels at all lol. Imagine telling Valve to not develop CS:GO because there's already CS:S.

Sure the graphics of this game are alright, nothing worth ditching and making DBD2 for - but the bigger issue is the engine. It needs to be rewritten from scratch to avoid these constant bugs. Balance needs sweeping changes that making a new game would allow.

Considering the grind though, a lot of players would be pissed if progression doesn't transfer over.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

I understand what you're saying, but not all games need sequels or are intended to have one. The FPS genre have a well established seasonality that is widely accepted their community just like sports games. On the other hand, MMORPGs are know for steadily upgrading and iterating over the same product, keeping content locked through expansion packs.

DBD is unique in this sense bc other product in their genre has managed to go so far. The business model of BHVR is more akin to Riot Games and LOL and this is one of the reasons I play this game, I wouldn't like to attach myself financially to a game that is relaunched periodically like FIFA or any EA-esque bullshit.