Nerf Victor

Options
Bugcats
Bugcats Member Posts: 45
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Victor is actually so strong; he's so fast and literally impossible to dodge when playing against anyone competent.

His slugging ability is stronger than nurse and it's a pain in the arse to play against; especially when the killer can spawn him back in like 2 seconds with add-ons.

Nerf?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Rizer
    Rizer Member Posts: 95
    Options

They're annoying to go up against in solo queue because people would rather farm altruism points than do objectives. The worst part is, they're god like campers because victor is a wall hack totem.

Altruism is the fastest way to earn points, sitting on a gen takes ages and is boring... One rescue takes 2.5 seconds and is worth 1000 points... Sitting on a gen alone for 60 seconds is worth 1250 without nailing any skill checks... unless you do a gen in co-op or get great skill checks, it's not even worth doing anymore... pretty stupid balance considering doing the gen's is the primary objective to victory for survivors.. but you know, pretty good job so far.

Solo queue twins are basically gods because of the camp factor and stupid survivor mentality.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I've had a miserable time as a survivor against this killer. I think I've had one escape. Part of it is still learning how to play against them but I don't know why everyone said the Twins were so weak. Maybe against a SWF but as as solo survivor, it's awful. I just had a game against the twins where I was slugged twice and I had a Blendette right by me, too terrified to move, and she could have gotten me up twice but didn't once. Why help your teammates or work on a gen when you can be too petrified to move?

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

I think they need to change the Twins up a bit. Not because they are OP or anything.

It's because the Twins is a killer who is made to slug and camp. I don't think that's good for the game. We don't need more mechanics that encourage slugging and camping.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

I had my daily with them yesterday and I felt terrible. The daily was to down survivors as victor and it was a huge bloodbath slugfest. It was the most optimal way to play as them, but unfun for everyone.

ive tried playing like I normally do with my faves but whoa the time it takes to switch back and forth isn’t worth it unless you are slugging.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Why? O.o

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Can confirm that when I play twins, almost every single red rank and purple rank survivor easily dodged Victor. It’s very frustrating.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

They camp/mass slug because they are too slow/weak to play a 12 hook game.

If you make them weaker then they will become even more reliant on camping/mass slugging.

They are both awful to play as and against while being forced to play dirty due to being too fair.

Aka they are too overbalanced for a 12 hook game to ever be viable so they have to go out of their way to NOT have a 12 hook game.

• bdzr
    bdzr Member Posts: 37
    Options

he can only slug, and by a good team of survivors you can easily escape. she is also pretty unpopular now that some of the hype died down and the killer is able to spawn him back in 2 seconds but if you are well far away you can easily just hide?? and if you really want a build that counters the twins just run flip flop unbreakable tenacity and power struggle lol and if you really want to make it safe switch out tenacity for soul guard

the game won't always be in a survivors favor no matter the perks items or addons. the reason she gets it back in like 2 seconds is because she loses insane distance while she uses victor and if he gets kicked then she loses even more. as ive said to other posts the easiest counter to victor is tires or a easy pallet loop.

or just use coldwind or swamp offerings and you wont have to worry because victor is so small he cant see anything in the tall grass/corn if you can loop you survive. if you are coming here because you are a rank 20 who urban evades then gets downed in 3 seconds then you can't really be helped until you learn more than the basics.

as i agree they need to be changed but not because they are OP but because we dont need more slugging in the game.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Are you complaining about victor or slugging?

Because once more people realize that the killer isn't strong, but slugging is... well...

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

Go against a good twins. Victor is impossible to dodge because of his huntress hitboxes. Charlotte moves at mach 452 for some reason, and you say that number as if it's long. You kick him and hes back instantly so what's the point?

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183
    Options

Is this a meme or something?

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

I agree that Victor feels too strong in chase. What I want more than a nerf is being awarded chase bp and emblem points though. I hate getting nothing when being chased by Victor.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

How many twins do you play against I had only 2 out of 30 games since there release. Its actually the first killer I haven't picked up immediatly mostly because there playstyle is so boring.

You want to nerf them wow. This has to be bait. Also for those who want changes what could you possibly do to salvage this killer. Slugging is the defacto way of winning high rank games dont delude yourselves. If you got an issie with the killer suggest changes not nerfs. The killer is in desperate need of a rework not a nerf.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,289
    edited December 2020
    Options

Well hes not back instantly though, it takes 2 seconds for his animation to end, 6 seconds to respawn, and 1.5 seconds to unbind after that

9.5 seconds because a survivor kicked him once, so by kicking victor once you bought your team 28.5 seconds or close to 7% of your teams total objective time if they were all on gens besides you being chased

Moral is don't die and win the game, or just get far away and get into a locker, they really can't reach it with 10 seconds if you get far enough away, plus they most likely won't slug you if they pull you out of a locker

• kaijudane
    kaijudane Member Posts: 139
    Options

Some of these comments...ugh. There absolutely should be a much longer cooldown if Victor is crushed. Like Hillbilly or Leatherface when hitting a wall with a chainsaw.

• YoyoDBD
    YoyoDBD Member Posts: 8
    Options

Yep, pretty much. They're weak in every other playstyle other than the Slug-Camping playstyle which is required to win 90% of The Twins games and if you stray off of that you lose lol.

Victor himself is definitely not OP in the slightest imo. He's chasing you? Throw down the pallet and "loop" him, as running victor is somewhat different than running an oni or wraith and what not. Its more or less a, hug the long side of the loop, stick to the pallet and juke his lunge to kick him if you have the right opportunity.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

Slugging and camping is required in 90% of the game PERIOD. Yeah people would always do it, but in dealing with balance, the only way things will get better is if survivors have a meta shift and objective shift. Right now there is 0 reason not to slug. Killers get less stress, I find slugging fun because i get to keep pressure off gens, and holy crap does it apply pressure. Frankly I think killers should move to slug meta 👍

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

The counter to victor is just run in circles around a small obstacle like a tire pile and wait for them to miss the pounce (which they will) and then you have a week and a half to kick him.

• PatWesker
    PatWesker Member Posts: 252
    Options

In my opinion, I don't think he needs a nerf because yes he is fast, yes he can slug, but when missed, a pounce takes a lot of time to recover and can be easily crushed, as long as you are not afraid and react quickly to crush him.

His slugging ability is only available on hurt survivors, and when is pounces on a healthy one, he can be crushed pretty quickly too.

When switching to Charlotte, it takes more or less time to take back control, depending of addons.

Yes this killer has a very good map control and map pressure, and yes a competent player can be abusive, but isn't it the same for blight? Spirit? Even Clown can be very good with a bit of practice.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    Options

Just abduct him "5head"

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
    Options

7.5 seconds isnt punishing the killer for missing with victor i think a solid 10-15 seconds would be fair.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,289
    Options

you're right person who necroed this 3 months later, and when you're right you're right, and you, you're always right

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

No.

They're one of the least played killers and aren't even that good.

• ill_Boston_lli
    Options

I get that but 7.5 seconds does nothing to punish the killer imo. You get rid of him then you have charlotte up your ass then victors right back on the field

• ill_Boston_lli
    Options

I agree they are least played. But... They are definitely A tier at worst. Not once have i been escaped other than hatch as the Twins no matter who I play against.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    Options

Victor is literally Charlotte's power, it doesn't need to be nerfed. It doesn't instadown like Billy and Bubba's powers (why even compare Victor with the saws bro), results in gaining nothing but wasting time if you miss a pounce and Charlotte happens to be on the other side of the map, running around a object prevents Victor from ever hitting you, Charlotte is a M1 Killer without Victor... Twins don't need nerfs, they need buffs, their power is overbalanced and weak.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

here we have a perfect example of someone not knowing that lockers solve all the problems when versing this killer.

lockers stop her slug spree, stop her camping, and forces her to go to you otherwise she simply wasted her time.

use. them.