The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Adorable

Master
Master Member Posts: 10,200

One thing I love about the event is how all the survivor mains are crawling out of their survivor comfort zone and play killer now.
Its such a joy to see a survivor main being crippled by a genrush (flowers+gens lul) and how they rely noed (not toxic anymore now I guess?) to get a single kill.

After the game you can just burst out laughing when you look at their names :lol:

How does your own medicine taste btw?

Comments

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Global said:

They are still gonna say killer op because they "got nothing but 4ks every game"

At rank 20 its pretty common
    :^)
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    It goes both ways, and it's pretty funny.

Hope swf junkies face unhelpful swfs the whole way, especially.

I really hope both sides get some real insight into how bad the other side gets it, and we can get more moderate opinions for balance.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Tsulan said:
    According to them killer vials are ez to get. 
    We'll see, once the majority of the survivors has maxed their survivor vials. 

I expect extremely long killer queues. 
    Yeah, time to become a survivor main when all start going to the killer side! :p
  • Rebel_Raven
    Peasant said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

I really hope both sides get some real insight into how bad the other side gets it, and we can get more moderate opinions for balance.

I wonder if this is why the devs made the event require you to play both roles?

I would be surprised if it crossed their minds, but it is a good idea, and an excellent theory that it did cross their minds!

Especially since as early as rank 15, killers can come across swfs looking to steamroll them, and odds are they will rank up quick.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Except no. Every survivor is rushing vials. They’ll get demolished by even the worst killers. Nothing will be learned

• Master

@Tsulan said:

Yeah those were my thoughts after a few survivor games aswell, so im back at killer now trying to get my last phials before queue times go ham.

• Master

@Jack11803 said:
    Except no. Every survivor is rushing vials. They’ll get demolished by even the worst killers. Nothing will be learned

I have demolished a few killers already that have no idea how to play and that even used controller to play :lol:

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Can't we just all be friendly and let eachother farm? We all want bloodpoints and that is what should bring us together.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    It'll be good for both sides to have to give the other side a shot. 
  • linglingen
    linglingen Member Posts: 40

@Zagrid said:
    Can't we just all be friendly and let eachother farm? We all want bloodpoints and that is what should bring us together.

I feel that a match starting out with farming is so disappointing. If the killer wants to farm, just do it discreetly and make it more obvious once the end game is near. I felt it much more enjoyable when I felt like I was playing a real match. Some killers could ease down on the one hit addons/perks/mori/facecamping tho.

• Rebel_Raven
    Zagrid said:
    I wish. I'm ok playing a nicer killer. 
    First run through was pretty amazing. Ran into an swf that understood I just wanted to do the event.
    I didn't know how the hooks worked, but I let them all escape, and made some progress.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@Zagrid said:

I feel that a match starting out with farming is so disappointing. If the killer wants to farm, just do it discreetly and make it more obvious once the end game is near. I felt it much more enjoyable when I felt like I was playing a real match. Some killers could ease down on the one hit addons/perks/mori/facecamping tho.

If I see 5 petal offerings, I usually ease up to start to see if they want to farm or play. If they are gen rushing, it's a sign for typical game but if 2-3 survivors are doing flowers, I know it's a farm and (sometimes) we all work together and it is quite productive.

Some survivors could ease down on the flashlights/ds/palletdrops/Juking/other-legal-game-mechanics-that-make-it competitive-but-i-just-dislike too.
  • Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    This is the easiest time to play killer. This won't teach anyone anything. Although it certainly will help inlfate egos like it already has haha.

Survivor main opinion as killer - (playing against survivors that only want to collect and die) See, told you killer is broken and easy. They didn't get a single gen done and couldn't even run away from me.

Killer main opinion as survivor - (playing against killers that aren't even trying for the event) LOL Told you survivor was EZ mode! We all filled our vials and rushed the gens. And he couldn't even stop us!

Meh, just play the damn game lol.
  • ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103

yall love to get your panties in a knot over strawman bullshit huh
    meanwhile most of the community is over here just enjoying a game they like to play LMAO

• Gunmech04
    Gunmech04 Member Posts: 77
    Peasant said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

I wonder if this is why the devs made the event require you to play both roles?

They've been trying to get Survivors and Killera to play both sides for a while now, the dailies seem to be geared to give more for the side you don't play on. That and this event basically forcing people to play killer is such a stupid idea. 
  • MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@Tsulan said:

But killer vials are easy to get, they just take longer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Tsulan said:

They are not easier to get.
    As survivor I just need to run around the map for 2 minutes and already got the vial filled. 
    Try that as killer. 
  • MyNamePete
    edited October 2018

@Tsulan said:
    MyNamePete said:

@Tsulan said:

As survivor I just need to run around the map for 2 minutes and already got the vial filled. 
    Try that as killer. 

Yes thats exactly true. Youre saying it doesn't take long to do survivors vials. I said it takes long to do killer vials, but killer is easier. You literally just play the game. Playing killer: put suvivors on hooks. Playing killer in the event: Put suvivors on hooks but orange. Yes survivor is quicker but not easier.

• Tsulan

@Tsulan said:
    MyNamePete said:

@Tsulan said:

Try that as killer. 

Yes thats exactly true. Youre saying it doesn't take long to do survivors vials. I said it takes long to do killer vials, but killer is easier. You literally just play the game. Playing killer: put suvivors on hooks. Playing killer in the event: Put suvivors on hooks but orange. Yes survivor is quicker but not easier.

Also wrong. Since killers can get unlucky with the event hook spawns. They might spawn at the other end of the map.
  • MyNamePete

@Tsulan said:
    MyNamePete said:

@Tsulan said:

MyNamePete said:

@Tsulan said:

Try that as killer. 

Also wrong. Since killers can get unlucky with the event hook spawns. They might spawn at the other end of the map.

Lmao yeah, The swamp is so broken they all spawn in the same spot. But still killers could get unlucky with regular hook spawns if none are close. Its just that killers have to worry about less, and plus everyone always runs sTupId iROn grASp.

• Tsulan

@Tsulan said:
    MyNamePete said:

@Tsulan said:

MyNamePete said:

@Tsulan said:

Try that as killer. 

Lmao yeah, The swamp is so broken they all spawn in the same spot. But still killers could get unlucky with regular hook spawns if none are close. Its just that killers have to worry about less, and plus everyone always runs sTupId iROn grASp.

I tried to play with my normal or even my farm build. But I HAVE to use Agitation + Iron Grasp in order to get to the hooks. Since survivors like to run towards the area where no event hooks are. 
  • Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Yeah feels great

• MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55
    Master said:

One thing I love about the event is how all the survivor mains are crawling out of their survivor comfort zone and play killer now.
    Its such a joy to see a survivor main being crippled by a genrush (flowers+gens lul) and how they rely noed (not toxic anymore now I guess?) to get a single kill.

After the game you can just burst out laughing when you look at their names :lol:

Been 4ks all day with Freddy. I main survivor and got my vials quick. Not sure why killers are crying. At Rank 20 survivors aren't gonna learn anything it's too easy. 
    On the other hand having killer mains get their serum and sabo other survivors. Now that's been hilarious to watch. 
  • Master

@MuttonChops said:
    Master said:

Been 4ks all day with Freddy. I main survivor and got my vials quick. Not sure why killers are crying. At Rank 20 survivors aren't gonna learn anything it's too easy. 
    On the other hand having killer mains get their serum and sabo other survivors. Now that's been hilarious to watch. 

How can you still be at rank 20 if you only 4k? :wink:

• MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2018
    Master said:

@MuttonChops said:
    Master said:

How can you still be at rank 20 if you only 4k? :wink:

Well I'm not now... :wink:
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Zagrid said:
    https://youtu.be/YlWq6WXIv7M
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Tsulan said:

A survivor with 1 offering can max out their vial in one game. A killer with one offering has to get all 3 event hooks in 2 matches for 1 vial. Depending on what kind of survivors you face the grind will be a little longer, or a lot longer.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Peasant said:

@Tsulan said:

A survivor with 1 offering can max out their vial in one game. A killer with one offering has to get all 3 event hooks in 2 matches for 1 vial. Depending on what kind of survivors you face the grind will be a little longer, or a lot longer.
    Well in my experience im better off with the vials by dodging Solos till i get SWF squads cause they tend to bring these offerings. Party streamers too.

The irony.
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Master said:

@Jack11803 said:

I have demolished a few killers already that have no idea how to play and that even used controller to play :lol:

Just rank 20 things. 
  • Master

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Master said:

@Jack11803 said:

Just rank 20 things. 

Yeah ofc the survivor mains dont rnak up their killers even though they claim doing so all the time :wink:

• SolidestBaker35
    SolidestBaker35 Member Posts: 15
    I main both parties so it doesent really affect me