The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do PC survivors play injured?

In maybe one out of 50 games on console I have a teammate who will play injured. The rest of the time they either stop playing and wait for everyone else to finish (no matter how many gens are left) or they go into the basement to search for a medkit, or most commonly, Self Care. I was just wondering if it's different on PC.

Comments

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I'm aware. That's why it's infuriating for me as a solo survivor when I'm the only person playing injured, and I'm the only person working on gens.

Yeah I had a feeling. It's absolutely maddening for me lately. I often see red rank survivors on console wit Self Care. I get teammates who self care after every legion forces them to mend. Maybe I need to turn on cross play and see if my teammates improve.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    edited December 2020

My wife skips the middle man and runs No Mither.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Now I get why you have such crappy teammates. You're playing on console. I don't want to sound like a PC elitist (even though I am) but the quality of play between PC and console is pretty big.

To be fair a lot of Solo-Q PC players also use Self Care, but as Shyguyy said usually they will finish a gen before self-caring.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

That's why my main build is very heal-heavy, because I know if I don't have quick heals...I just won't. Generator completion is much higher on the bucket list and it doesn't matter how many times you heal if you can't escape.

It kind of stems from experience and the prevalence of Dead Hard. You'll eventually run into a situation where you're not running Self Care on a character, and your medkit will run out or you won't be able to find a teammate, and all you can do is just stand there injured. Might as well work on a generator, right?

Over time you'll get more comfortable with it. It happens to everyone.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

Some survivors do, I don't really think it's a platform thing as I see console crossplay survivors do it too.

I tend to bring a naked brown medkit for one emergency heal, and I also often use Inner Strength to have a heal in my back pocket if I feel like healing is the best choice but I also run Iron Will and feel quite confident injured as well. Depends on the killer, the state of the match and what I gotta do at that moment really.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

If killer has ruin, it's always better to finish gen. I don't mind being healed when someone is nearby and killer is not around. I often ask for heal or look up for medkit if I need to save someone or if I was hooked twice.

I'm not a good looper so I prefer to be healed if I have opportunity. Full health increase chase time and give possibility to save or bodyblock if it needed.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

I have no problem with playing injured. I play ps4. I play with crossplay and i dont see a difference between pc and ps4.

But i give not much attention to how efficient my teammates play. The glimpses i see with kindred or when im on the hook are enough. Dont expect anything in soloQ.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

It really depends on the survivors you get. I will say that I notice fewer PC survivors running Self Care than console survivors, though. PC survivors more often seem to either run medkits or play injured until someone else heals them.

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292

It's always good to know when to prioritize healing or keep working on objectives.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

From a killer pov, while I don't see necessarily a skill disparity between PC and console survivors, I definitely noticed different trends.

I see most console players running self-care, although still common among the PC folks as well. They also tend to prioritize healing over gens, even when doing the gen is the clearly superior choice.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,897

It depends on the game and if I can have a fast heal from a medkit or not. I often run Resilience to get those faster actions and 99 the heal with a medkit so I'm effectively injured and can get the benefit from my perk but then just tap the heal off if I need to get into a chase.

Stealth killers I'm less likely to stay injured against and will heal up if a team mate is nearby...or if I have Inner Strength. I won't run Self Care cos it takes too long to heal and I don't have space in my builds to run Botany etc to make the heal faster. I do often run We'll Make It so I heal other survivors up super fast after I've saved them.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I haven't noticed much difference between platforms. But although the survivors that insist on everyone constantly healing (i.e. against a legion) can be pretty stubborn and annoying the ones who insist on playing injured can be equally so (i.e. against one of the yamaokas)

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Depends on the killer/situation usually.. A majority of the time I dont mind playing injured as it allows me to prolong chases with Dead Hard and your movement seems to be a lot more fluid while you're injured for some reason.

Against Oni's, Freddy's and killers running Thana i'll usually try and heal right away.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

Really depends on survivor experience level and the killer.

Assuming experienced survivors i.e. red rank: Healing once is fine. Obviously heal if you're on death hook without DS or Adrenaline though. Gens are taking too long if multiple people are having to heal more than once. In that instance, people are being inefficient with the objective, sending too many for saves, etc.

I do think people shouldn't look at tournament SWFs and try to do that in pubs though. You're not passing around a medkit, coordinating two Deliverances, and staying safe until Adrenaline with randos. Teams practice that stuff repeatedly and have tight comms. Not a reasonable expectation for solo queue. Part of the reason playing injured works in coordinated squads is that we can call out "blinking top right" so the injured person can move before they even hear a TR.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

no we self care in a corner for 50 seconds. /s

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

I really don't bother healing unless the killer is playing a build that demands me to heal, like thanat. because most of the time i run resilience with provethyself.

• YoyoDBD
    YoyoDBD Member Posts: 8

Only good survivors play injured, its not really a platform you play on type of thing, its just those who have the skill/comfort to do it. In my experience as an r1 survivor who is fine with being injured, the only other people i see who don't mind being injured to do a gen or loop are other r1s. Every other person is usually r13-6 because of matchmaking that uses selfcare or urban evasion to hide lol. Even on pc its rare to see those people.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Quick facts:

1- With self care the time investment for healing 1 health state is 32 seconds, total team time used is the same.

2- With a brown medkit that goes to 16 seconds, total team time used is the same. <=Net gain here

3- Another team member healing you without modifiers takes 16sec, but a total of 32 seconds were wasted by the team (16 for you, 16 for them). As bad as self care, but do not require a perk slot.

4- 2 people can heal you in 8 seconds, with a total team time investment of 8x3=24 seconds. <=Net gain here

5- The team time wasted by self caring or healing another survivor alone 2.5 times could be used to have a gen fully completed. Assess the situation wisely before performing heals.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    edited December 2020

Depends. I'll play injured if there's no easy way to get healed and I'm not in that much danger.

Though if I'm using Autodidact + Empathy + Solidarity then I'll just heal other survivors.

• meatisadelicacy

I am constantly amazed when my three teammates take the time I give them to heal each other with one gen to go. Then when I finally go down, the killer BBQs to all three of them, injures them, and nothing was gained.

• LegionAbuser
    LegionAbuser Member Posts: 31

I would arguably say that I've yet to meet a console player with more than 90 IQ

I'm not trying to insult everyone, but for the love of god i can't understand how they reach red ranks, couple of days ago i remember a RANK 2 CLAUDETTE urban evading the entire game, running self-care, urban evasion, botany knowledge and we're gonna live forever.

In the instant i saw her urban evading on the other side of the map while being in a hook i could tell it was a console player.

Guys please, just watch some high ELO players/youtubers, i'm not even remotely good, i wont try to act like im a 1% top player, i can press M1 on gens and loop for a good while without wasting pallets being injured, why are console players so scared of bleeding? Can't you run? Can't you repair?

Just think that you're playing a videogame and you have a life bar, your actions won't be slowed because you're half hp right? You can keep doing exactly the same (there are exceptions, i know)

Please, please i beg yall ps4 and xbox players, just watch some videos, Monto, Noob3, Ussylis... I really want to enjoy playing with everyone, but I'm starting to grow hatred against console players.

Had to vent, sorry.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

I usually do especially if the killer has High pressure or a favorable 3-gen position he's protecting. I've to say though that this mindset is more powerful if also other Survivors in the team do it, which is not always the case. If you're the only one doing it, it will probably backfire in some cases. 😅

• meatisadelicacy

I just turned on cross play for the first time. Apart from the PC Huntress who camped the hook and slugged at five gens vs all four of us survivors on console, it's been a much better experience for me. I don't know what is is about console survivors, but most are absolutely terrified to play the game. Healing constantly, and being unwilling to work on gens past a certain point and throwing the game. It's so frustrating. I was going to try to finish the last 10 levels of the rift but the grind is just not worth it.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Yes, I play injured most of the time because I'm too lazy to bring inner strength, self care, bond or a medkit, I prefer using IW.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

Same. I'm not great at chase, so I need all the health I can get.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Yes, that's why I always have iron will on my build so idc if I'm injured or not

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,897

yeah Iron Will is on a lot of my builds as well, it's just a good perk!

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

to me, it depends. Usually i try to heal up, because i am way more comfortable being at full health. And as a stealth player, i can use the stun the killer takes after a hit to juke him, even if there are no pallets left.

But i wont let a mostly finished gen regress just to heal, i wouldn´t leave somone on a hook (unless the killer is camping and/or tunneling, because again i might need to take a hit there, and i dont just hooktrade).

So yes, i do if nessesary, but i dont like to.

• I run spine chill and resilience and I find there are times to heal and times to not.

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239

Yes. PC players tend to play injured and not go out of their way for a heal unless they have a perk that facilitates it. And even then, they'll still play injured against certain killers (legion, plague, billy, etc.)

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I have to play injured like all the time

cause I don't want to bring in a medkit and not use it or bring selfcare and deal with Sloppy

Or find a teammate with enough time to heal me without the killer being on my ass