Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Necessary to Change Struggle!

BlackKat
BlackKat Member Posts: 22
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Struggle phase on the hook is a hard body mechanic and damaging to hardware. Struggle needs to be changed to automatic because the point is to have a second rescue for each survivor. Ideally all survivors are hooked 3 times. What do you all think? Devs this really needs to be reworked, please take this seriously!

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Yeah, the struggle mechanic is awful. Also, honestly, the mechanic where you struggle while you're being carried -- the left stick on my controller feels worryingly loose lately, and I'm pretty sure it's because of that.

I get that the idea is to make it seem like you're doing something to stay alive, but the Pyramid cages have skill checks, and those work really well for the same purpose. Why not just have skill checks on the hook? Or why not have a quicktime while being carried -- press X, press B, etc, and every time you nail one, you get progress?

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

You don't have to go crazy fast or hard, just keep a proper pace. For controller, just a smooth spin of the joystick will keep you wiggling.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Honestly, People already alt tab out of the game when they are hooked the first time.

• Teacyn
    Teacyn Member Posts: 93

Yeah The entire reason I don't play Survivor on KB+M is because mashing for struggling is insanely uncomfortable for me and I already wear my keys out a lot regardless. Mashing on controller is a lot easier on my hands but it's still obnoxious.

(also, shouldn't this be in Feedback and Suggestions? It isn't really a poll.)

• BlackKat
    BlackKat Member Posts: 22

Thanks, I didn't realize I was in polls!

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

You really dont have to mash that hard, just a steady pace.

But yeah, I agree, the struggle mashing is a totally unnecessary mechanic and doesn't need to be in the game at all.

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144
    edited December 2020

"BuT iT's EnGaGiNg AnD ImMeRsIvE!!!!111" - DBD Developer.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153075/i-too-watched-the-dev-stream-but-not-at-4am-this-time/p1 - 21th question

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

I think the struggling mechanic should be changed, but not taken away. The current situation seems to make a lot of people's hardware (whether controller or keyboard and mouse) loose and damaged which is not a good thing. Yes you can keep it at a steady pace but the thing is it will still damage the hardware it will just take longer (potentially anyway), but also I tend to try struggle out as fast as I can which causes me to whack my keys a lot so that doesn't really help. Also the spamming space bar is a pain when on the hook, my space bar is very loose because of it (at least i think its because of that).