Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Who Is Your Favorite Killer and Why?

Ramxenoc445
Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

Not limited to just one either. As far as lore goes I love Huntress, Hillbilly, and Wraith. Design wise I love Huntress, Legion, Spirit, and Blight. My overall favorites are Huntress and Legion. Least favorite Doctor and Plague.

EDIT: Forgot to add why I like Huntress and Legion. So Huntress I feel is what a killer should be at least what most should. She has a very good power that rewards accuracy and skill and punishes you if you don't have the skill or accuracy and I really like that. Despite how big the hatchet hit boxes are I think she's pretty fair if anything the hitboxes on hatchets could be a little smaller but not too much smaller it'd be too hard to hit them.

Now for Legion i like the idea of having multiple people for one killer if that makes sense. I also like the whole concept of a killer that's just a crazy person with a knife its also why Blight is one of my favorites though he's basically high on pestula. The Legion's lore I think I'd like more if they were some edgy teens that were cast out instead of just being bad for the sake of it but I still love them anyway and they've got the best skin potential I feel.

The Doctor is just nasty in the lore and his general gameplay to me is built around being as annoying as possible. The Plague I just don't like because her power is making you unable to heal and getting projectile vomit which depending on the map can be incredibly difficult to dodge and I can't stand it.

Comments

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Demo because DemoPls

• Ramxenoc445

I really wanted stranger things to come to this game and I said I'd main him and to this day he has never gone beyond level 40 and I don't play him often still love him though I love hissing at people.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Visually my favourite killer is Oni.

My favourite killer to play atm is Ghost Face, because he feels like one of the few Killers you can genuinely sneak up on people with, since most other Killer's are pretty obvious due to the terror radius. I've only been able to have success playing him in a hit and run style rather than a stalky boi though.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,753

Amanda, because Piggy is bae and my first killer. Just show my add-ons some deep deep lovinz and then let me roar!

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 254

I feel like lore and gameplay wise it would be huntress, plague and gorgon. Huntress is a lot of fun and very satisfying when u hit those far away shots. Also she has a great lore. Plague is just overall my favourite. I like her design, how she is slowly succumbing to the disease and part of her is rotting away but she still has that ancient priestress vibe. Even though it didn't make sense that the entity would summon her since she never did anything evil in her backstory. I also like her gameplay cause u have to react to the playstyle of the survivors. Ur entire style of gameplay can chance depending on if survivors are cleansing or if they rather stay injured. Gives her a kind of strategic component. And demo is just demo :D thats all you have to say.

• Ramxenoc445

Can't believe I missed all that. Thanks for sharing that. Makes me like him a lot more too. I always knew he resisted though it feels a little harder to tell who else did though I assume its not very many.

• Ramxenoc445

He's the only stealth killer I dislike playing against because he can actually sneak and it catches me off guard but i don't actually dislike him i just get mad because he jump scares me and i hate jump scares.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Usually I'm a Deathslinger man. Last month or so I've been playing Billy and having fun.

But right now The Twins are my favorite. They take a lot of experimenting but they can be effective and win or lose I feel like it was fun... That's rare.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Spirit, because of aesthetics and she’s strong.

Plague, because of memes, but I wanna get good with her too. Her outfits and character in general is pretty interesting.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

I actually prefer him because of this. He's actually scary to go up against.

Nevertheless, if you dislike ghost face, use spine chill. Its useful against most killers, so you're not missing a perk, and it counter GF nicely.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224

Nurse. I love the mechanics of Nurse both as killer and survivor. I'd play this game if it was only Nurse.

As a killer, Nurse is all about reading your opponent and executing. I can tell when a survivor is likely to double back before they've even attempted the first move in a chase. And it goes even deeper: what does their first juke tell me about what they're likely to attempt on their second juke? Nurse gets more fun and more complex as the players get better.

As a survivor, it's about pacing and LOS just as much as it is about pathing. You constantly have to strike a balance between making distance and breaking LOS. Those junk tiles at the edges of the map (Z walls, etc)? Those are suddenly pretty good real estate. There's something really exciting to me about ducking behind a rock, getting eyes on the Nurse as she charges a blink, and then breaking to one side at the last split second depending on where she's aiming.

• Susie because she’s a cutie-pie

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Nurse... she floats😌

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

+1, I can always tell who is running spine chill when playing as Ghostie, as they bolt immediately after stalking, and will be moving cautiously even when I've got stealth mode on.

I've been running this perk in all my builds too, it's saved me on gens giving a warning in advance of the terror radius pretty much every match!

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

As a blendette who specializes in taking a chase only to suddenly disappear, it's important to get a headstart and to know if I've been made so its a perfect perk.

• Ramxenoc445

i use to run spine chill a lot but got tired of using it. Appreciate the help though. I usually use one or two sets of perks for a while and then change it based on what overall works for the time being.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

spirit and freddy and blight

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895
    edited December 2020

Daddy Myers. I love the versatility of the builds and play styles you can do with him. He has one of the biggest snowball potentials in the game. A pro Myers can be devastating with a single tier 3. Scratched mirror is so much fun, both to play as and against.

I am also a huge Halloween fan so that is a plus.

Post edited by Dwight_Fairfield on
  • Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Twins, didn't play him on ptb, tried him live and even if at first it was a living bug i saw his potential and i really enjoyed victor's mechanics.

He is both the strongest and weakest killer in the game, lots of counters but can be unforgiving and uncounterable.

If they'll ever give him some tweaks with both nerfs and buffs to make him more consistent i don't see myself playing other killers often.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

Michael Myers, although my first killer is Ghostface with whom I won my first game.

He is my favorite killer for the simple fact that I am a fan of Halloween movies and it was because of him, the reason for entering DBD along with the other license and original killers. It was also the one that reached Rank 10, Rank 5 and Rank 1, with the ground playing and I have a lot of fun, but now I don't occupy it as much as it occupies it too much and I must give it a rest.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    • Lore: Wraith.
    • Design: Wraith.
    • Favorite: Wraith.
    • Literally not buying anyone any cosmetics whatsoever except literally everything for Wraith.
    • I get other Killers up to LVL 40 (by playing Wraith), get their 3 Teachables on the way, then go get them on Wraith. (I'm usually quite the completionist, but the constant leveling of new characters doesn't feel rewarding when i only play 1 character anyway, so i decided to be a completionist on him only.)
    • Spirit is a close 2nd for me cause she's so similar, but i haven't been bored enough of him once to switch to her for even 1 trial.

Stop me.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Pig: I'm a fan of the SAW series

Huntress: Lore was unique enough (Little girl losing her mother, grew up to hack limbs and kill a group of soldiers for being nearby... But so fragile at the same time... Sidebar The lullaby is well done)

Spirit: Rin being a victim of her fathers rage gave way to her own (and lore showing that side of her is cool to)

Plague: (I don't know how to spell her name) She tried to save her people only to succumb to it)

Oni: Oh how the mighty have fallen (only to come back in a bloody rage... See what I did there)

I can make a reason for all of the original killers except for Ghostface

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

Ghostface. I love the Scream movies, always have and have mained him since release. He's also the only killer with personality imo.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

As lore goes, I enjoy Demo since I lived stranger things. Twins is probably my least favorite lore due to the complexity with the cult. Id be more than content with their family hiding from villagers.

As far as playing killer, I'm enjoying Twins right now. The ability to change play style and speed, and be able to pressure multiple parts of map is great. I also enjoy Doctor and his laugh lol

• mynameisaaaaa
    mynameisaaaaa Member Posts: 22

ping pong boy because im on pc

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Clown, for a number of reasons.

• The only killer that can quickly close the gap on survivors without giving up any base killer agility.
    • Can deny most loops/pallets/vaults like nobody’s business, OR can clear the map of pallets very quickly because of how anxious survivors become in a chase dropping them early.
    • The ONLY killer in the game that can exert significant control over the direction a chase runs. No other killer can usher/herd survivors in the same way Clown can. Survivors can still choose to run through gas, but we already know how Clown can punish that.

Bare in mind that the above is not easy to do. Clown is deceptively simple looking, but it’s actually difficult to pull the above off. It requires constant scouting ahead of a a chased survivor to anticipate where they’re probably going, and determining on the fly where to gas in order to either coerce a survivor to change direction or punish them before they can reach where they’re attempting to run to.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Man, I'm gonna say it and I bet no one is expecting it: Charlotte!! She's so pretty and had it rough, and I admire her being so devoted to her family. She's also very strong!!! She and huntress are my killer wifeys lol!

• Ignan
    Ignan Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2020

I love playing as the Blight, being fast and able to catch survivors that are hiding in corners is super fun, even tho i don't get many kills as him

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

I've been enjoying BubbaPls, lately. Oni as well.

• MythMage
    MythMage Member Posts: 521

OK, dis ######### gonna be a doozy.

Gameplay wise: easily Legion. I love strategically going from target to target, understanding what my Killer Instinct is telling me about the Survivor's behaviour and acting upon that. I love leaving people crippled, and spreading pressure to the whole team in a matter of seconds. I also love Spirit. The idea of leaving survivors to use their wits and think about how to play it instead of just running around a pallet is nice, and I love playing against Spirit. Also, I'm a sucker for predicting what someone is going to do and then preparing for it, thus my love for projectile characters in TF2 and Overwatch

Aesthetic: again, easily Legion. I'm a pretty edgy guy, so the idea of a bunch of edgy teenagers is really cool. I also like the malicious but calculated Killer (as I think of when I think of Frank) feel of The Legion.

Honourable mentions: The Pig (I admire the Saw franchise, and I 100% agree with John Kramer's ideals), The Nightmare (I adore the feeling of pulling survivors into YOUR domain, and then having your way with them), and The Doctor (I love the idea of slowly cracking your victims' sanity to the point of shattering. Less so now since Mr. Carter has been reworked)

Lore: The Legion (who would have thought?). Based on the Soldiers of Mayhem archives, Frank shares alot of ideals as I do. Also, Susie best girl, no questions asked.

Honourable mentions: Pig (I also agree with Amanda's ideals) and Doctor (I would totally love to experiment on the human body like Herman Carter has)

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited December 2020

Twins cause playing as little pest ankle biter that can fling himself like a velociraptor is pretty amusing paired with the ability to smush the little pest underfoot as well.

Oni cause he's one big dude stomping around the trial making me feel intimidation which increases as he roars and begins his super sonic squashing spree. Playing as him is also loads of fun. Best killer design, imo.

I enjoy Ghostface quite a bit as well and think he's a pretty fun killer to goof off with.

I'd love Hag as my old main if 99% of the Hags didn't ruin her for me when they trap hooked victims for easy wins.

Part of me has a soft spot for Frank though as well. I been spared by him probably the most of all killers but usually he makes sure I know my place crawling around the ground at his feet as he nods and moonwalks across me before letting me go.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Blight, because speeeeeeeeeed

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

clown, because CLOWN...

then susie

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Spirit and Nurse because I like their lore and how their powers work. They also have some pretty cool cosmetics, too.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

As far as gameplay goes, it's a tie between Mikey and Trapper but Hag is right below them on my list. A lot of people fall for me playing dumb with Trapper and start to think they can bully me. That's when I start laughing as they run right into a trap I've been pushing them towards.

Myers is cool because Halloween (though the storyline is a huge mess) is my favorite slasher series and he's so versatile in-game. Hag is super fun to play as well, with how short she is, you can easily disappear from chases only to start another one elsewhere until everyone is injured and wondering where the hell you are.

@SweetbutaPsycho The Plague (Adiris) was chosen by the Entity I think mainly because she was so devoted to her faith that it unintentionally blinded her to the truth.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Design wise: Spirit

Lore wise: Spirit

Gameplay wise: Spirit

Waifu wise: Spirit

Cosmetic wise: Spirit

Basically it's pretty obvious who I love the most, and that will never change. #spiritmainforlife

• Chloe_Deplano
    Chloe_Deplano Member Posts: 39

Without a doubt it's Freddy. He's a piece of scum, one of the worst people you could meet in real life (hope not though), but I'm a huge fan of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, even if we just have the rebooted version in game, at least for the moment.

• Ramxenoc445

She is pretty hot though. My friends call me weird everytime i say it though

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

I love Blight because he is fast, fun and strong.

I love Spirit because she is fast, fun and strong.

I like Freddy cause he is good for cooling down after getting a couple losses in a row with the other two. He is easy and chill.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Aesthetically? Oni by far. He's the best looking killer in the game imo. Blight is a close second.

Everything else wise, Wraith. I love him so much, idc if he's weak. Oni and Blight are tied for second place (Sorry Ghosty)

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Blight is my favorite killer of all time.

They teased him years ago with the first blight event for halloween. Building him up through cutscenes, culminating in his transformation in a trailer. While his lore serves to show how ambition without proper knowledge will land you in dire straits ( a good message to hear in DBD of all games ).

But his gameplay is amazing ( discounting his low FOV and the fact everything feels like it's covered in butter ). He has mobility, something that every killer needs to succeed well. Blight also has lethality alongside his movement, allowing those with excellent map knowledge to become top tier killer players in their matches.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Hag, Trapper, Clown in that order. Fun to play and fun to play against.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Pyramid head or Oni, I can't really decide.

It feels great to run around insta downing survivors as Oni, but it also feels great to be a consistent threat to survivors while also saying fu to their perks.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

It ain’t weird if it’s facts. Don’t listen to them.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

Oni is def my favorite. I think he's incredibly terrifying, everyone knows hell is about to break loose when you hear him power up, he's incredibly fast, his footsteps sound like mini earthquakes when you're being chased, like a behemoth is behind you, and his lore is awesome and relatable.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

Might be a bit controversial, but I love playing against Pyramid Head and Oni. It's very fun to get into the PH's head and predict where he's gonna shoot punishment, what he's going to do next, pull off precise movements to get him to cancel Punishment and then get hit with a pallet; his chase music is great too. Oni is frankly just exhilarating to go against while feeling completely fair. Both fantastically designed killers if you ask me, discarding the whole cage part of PH's power which is completely harmful to the killer unless they hard tunnel a guy with cages over and over. Unfortunately, they both take a great deal of skill and are difficult to play, which might be why I hardly see them in contrast to Freddy, Spirit and Legion which require considerably less skill. (no legion isn't strong in the slightest but he doesn't exactly require a PHD)