Ruin & Undying is must a have on High MMR red ranks

Options
PNgamer
PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

or the survivors rushing you down in 3 minutes.....

and yeah theres a diffrent between red rank 1000 point mmr and red rank 3000 point mmr.

and since BT DS DH is pretty standard on survivors ( specially SWF ) i find that Ruin & Undying is total ok because it has enough counterplay on theese ranks.

That´s my opinion

any other ? then lets´s discuss

Greetings

Comments

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

MMR is just fast gens in my opinion, some “skill” mixed in but the way to measure skill is completely unreliable in this game due to the insane amount of variables.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

MMR doesn't affect matchmaking, it's just sitting in the background. And ruin undying is easy mode as killer, discuss. If you were really as high MMR as you think you are you would stop using ruin undying because it would make the game to easy.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Very true, but it’s not like you can tell pre-game whether the survivors or killer will be high-MMR, trying-their-best-to-win types or people just messing around with meme builds.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 810
    Options

Not 100% the reason I use it. I really hate kicking gens, and since the regression on kicking is SLOW and USELESS, it's just a waste of time.

Going a little off the topic, Killers are forced to use certain perks to regress gens because the actual kicking mechanic with its garbage regression is worthless.

Like, we have PTB to test things, is it really hard to change some numbers or change how it works and see the results? Literally we have the same ######### mechanic for almost 5 YEARS without any change(apart from reduzing the time to kick it, which is.... uh..), how they can't see this?

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

MMR is an illusion at this point

Ruin/Undying is stong but the killer needs map and gen pressure

Ruin works if the killer can get the survivors off of the gens

Undying works one of two ways... either get information or get an extra life on another hex (usually Ruin)

Killer won't get much done if the killer chases one survivor for at least 40-50 seconds

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I'm red rank 1 and my mains are all lower tier killers like Trapper and Demogorgon; I don't use ruin/undying on any of them. I do use corrupt intervention a lot though.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I wouldn't say ruin+undying is a must have at high MMR but some form of gen slow down is. Not necessarily ruin+undying but corrupt intervention, pgtw, sloppy butcher for longer heals ect. Like some have already said, ruin only works if you can push them off the gens. Some killers with low mobility struggle with that.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 568
    Options

The game matches based on rank, not MMR currently.

A large majority of your games do not need Ruin/Undying. If you're losing hard to something else other than the rare sweat/bully squad then you did not apply enough pressure via hooks and downs/injures, meaning either you got Haddonfield or the survivors played better than you did, the latter of which is probably deserving of a win for them. Putting it on for most of your games just makes the game hopelessly unwinnable and unfun for most solo/duo queue survivors.

Disclaimer: I personally think Ruin/Undying is only oppressively strong when paired with gen info perks. By themselves they aren't that big of a deal but paired with Tinkerer become insanely strong.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

I disagree.

Not everyone has the same experience to where they would be required to bring those two perks. I use Corrupt Intervention and it gives me more than enough time to find survivors and pressure gens.

Usually I end up 4king at 1-2 gens left. Depending on how the survivors perform.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I think gen regression is completely trivial in red ranks once the killer learns the mechanics.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Unless I have pop or a gen is almost done, I don't kick gens anymore. The regression is trivial and the survivors can just touch it and the regression stops.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

Kill rate was 65-70%. Without moris and with undying probably is 70-75%, so they”ll nerf it. Sorry

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

I don't run Ruin+Undying for most of my matches (as Hag, Doctor, and Spirit mainly), and I've done well with most Killers without it. The only Killers I struggle with are already seen as bad by the community (Clown, Twins, Legion, Plague). Really the only times Ruin+Undying was necessary is for SWFs, and they often power through cause of how broken that aspect can be.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 516
    Options

I agree that it's a must have on weaker killers anymore. Had a clown match the other day where I was running ruin/undying/tinkerer and all the gens were still popped in under 5 minutes while all totems were still up. If you have a weak killer, bad map RNG, and a really solid survivor team you're going up against, ruin/undying is not even going to make up the difference there

Now on Spirit or Freddy... yeah, I think that's probably overkill, unless you're up against an MLG swat team. There are still about 10 other things in the game that are more broken and in need of a nerf though, imo

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

it's a must have? I disagree.

On stronger killers, particularly Spirit, Freddy, Billy, Nurse, and to an extent even Pyramid Head, no, it's not a must-have. It's nice to have, sure, but I can still win games without it on any of those killers minus Billy because I never play him. Ever,

On those weaker killers, sure it's really nice to have but it's still not a necessity, considering how my Wraith build consists of Mindbreaker, BBQ, Sloppy, and PGTW and I can still win games consistently (without the camping or tunneling too).

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Ruin/Undying is pretty bad against any decent SWF. All it takes is one guy with a map or Detective’s Hunch and you’re out 2 perks pretty quickly. They’re hardly required to win.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

Ruin undying is useless against me. I can clear it in 2 mins on my own.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

well, that´s true. Clear the totems and you are fine.

• dogwillstunt
    dogwillstunt Member Posts: 4
    Options

Surveillance + oppression > ruin + undying

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Pop + Discordance is much better.

its consistent and cant be hardcountered by coordinated SWFs (which high MMR is gonna be full of).

Ruin + Undying only really works against solo teams, so once you reach the point where you will hardly encounter a solo player anymore it becomes quite useless.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Pop + Discordance / Surveillance / Oppression or literally anything else is better than Ruin + Undying imo.

Idk it depends on the killer. A killer with decent mobility and map pressure can make Ruin + Undying work and gain full value from it. Otherwise it might be better to use Pop + something else to help you in gen patrol / keeping control over an area (3 gen)

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82
    Options

Having 2 passive perks is so boring...AND they can be removed? ugh. I'd rather use perks that help me in chase or give me abilities. If you're so worried about gen speeds, try running corrupt.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options
  • Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

Its totally not unless you are playing only clown and legion

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

MMR hasn't been on for about 4 months, after lasting what, 2 weeks maybe? So, not quite sure what you're talking about

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Is it mandatory? Nah.

Is it needed to win? Not at all.

Are people relying too much on ruin+undying? YES.

Do I think people exaggerate on what is needed? Yup a lot.

Do I think old rank reset is needed again? Yup that way people learn the basics of the game before saying " X thing is needed at red ranks" when clearly they are not.