The Rift is way too grindy

rglarson13
rglarson13 Member Posts: 205

I like the challenges (sure, some could use work or encourage bad gameplay/poor teamwork, but overall I think they're fun and give people a push to switch up perks and play differently than their default style).

What I don't like is that I've finished all four tiers of the Tome and I'm still only at level 61 in the Rift.

It's not like I'm racing through the challenges, either -- I'm not MLG pro at this game, or anything. I play a few nights a week with friends and sometimes make no progress on my challenges. I played 4 hours this afternoon as killer before I finally finished the challenge for hitting 7 people with Billy's chainsaw in a single round.

According to Steam I've played 55.3 hours in the past 2 weeks. If anything, that's probably a little less than average, what with the holidays and end-of-year stuff for work, etc.

A game mechanic that requires a person to play more than 275 hours over ten weeks -- an average of 4 hours per day -- AND maintain focus on specific challenges is way, way too grindy.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments