We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Up The Ante Buff

BaconMuncher9
BaconMuncher9 Member Posts: 31
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
What do you think of this suggestion? I think a lot of people can agree with that Up The Ante isn't a very good option in its current state (1/2/3 luck). I suggest increasing the perk to 2/4/6 luck, or 3/6/9 luck, or something like that. This would make the perk more viable, and be able to compete with other survivor perks.

Comments

• BratG7
    BratG7 Member Posts: 7

The issue that arises is Perk Stacking. Nearly every AoE or global perk stacks with itself in case a second survivor is running it too, like Leader, Open Handed, Streetwise, etc., and I doubt they wanna remove the stackability. As it is, if all 4 survivors run Up The Ante 3, that's 3% bonus luck for each survivor minus the equiper (so 9% bonus at the start), times 4 survivors (now 36% bonus luck). Since those percentages are added directly to your Escape chance when struggling in a trap or on a hook, that raises trap escapes from 25% to a 61% chance of success and raises a mere 4% escape chance on the hook to a whopping 40% chance. And that's not even combining it with Luck Offerings or Slippery Meat.

To boost how effective Up The Ante is for a single survivor running it, the devs would have to rework a bunch of other stuff like how luck applies to escape chances to not make it completely OP. As it stands, UTA, like Open Handed, best works in a Group build rather than a Solo one.

• IMA_MAWNSTER
    IMA_MAWNSTER Member Posts: 8

@BratG7
    see I don't see the problem of being able to koby (unhook yourself) I think it feels amazing when I do it,
    I play both survivor and killer. so when I see people koby, I'm like GO ON YOU LEGEND

this all depends on what kinda killer you get ofcourse.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018

@BratG7 said:
    The issue that arises is Perk Stacking. Nearly every AoE or global perk stacks with itself in case a second survivor is running it too, like Leader, Open Handed, Streetwise, etc., and I doubt they wanna remove the stackability. As it is, if all 4 survivors run Up The Ante 3, that's 3% bonus luck for each survivor minus the equiper (so 9% bonus at the start), times 4 survivors (now 36% bonus luck). Since those percentages are added directly to your Escape chance when struggling in a trap or on a hook, that raises trap escapes from 25% to a 61% chance of success and raises a mere 4% escape chance on the hook to a whopping 40% chance. And that's not even combining it with Luck Offerings or Slippery Meat.

To boost how effective Up The Ante is for a single survivor running it, the devs would have to rework a bunch of other stuff like how luck applies to escape chances to not make it completely OP. As it stands, UTA, like Open Handed, best works in a Group build rather than a Solo one.

Dedicating an entire team wasting a perk slot for a self unhook isn’t OP... at all... whatsoever. Luck has a cap anyway.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

They do need to buff Ace's stuff I think.