SWF are killing this game, prove me wrong.

2»

Comments

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

SWF in the normal dev intended sense is not the problem, SWF with the full meta and voice-comms who are out to curb stomp any killers they find are the problem

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Your misunderstanding which is fair the concept wasnt well explained. Firstly when you queue as a team a debuff is applied to your team dependant on the number of premades. After which you will be matchmade with remaining players who will not suffer from the penalty.

This is in preparation for adding more powerful solo players advantages.

B. Killer is easy is false once you consider that some killers are low tier and succeding on them is nightmarishly hard. Take your clowns and wraiths for example. This is important to acknowledge as blanket killer easy is gonna undermine your point. Yes if you lock in freddy sure its gonna be easy even against swf you have a solid chance of succeding.

But there needs to be a distinction vs solo and swf play something thats competitive as opposed to just more bp. Otherwise any buff directed at survivor will benefit swf as well as solos unless its aura reading which will undermine a large number of survivor perks.

They need to be segreagated differences. if you dont have any ideas and are just shooting ideas down how is that in anyway constructed. Think how do you adjust this. Hell make it like the bloodlust experment a two or five day test to see its impact.

• DTJObe
    DTJObe Member Posts: 170

Note that the peak player count for the past 30 days is lower. The only reason that the Avg. Player count hasn't dropped more is because BHVR is offering login rewards to artificially inflate their numbers. Even if a player is only engaging with the game once a month or so, or even if they're taking a break due to the state of the game, chances are good that they'll take the time to login and get a free login reward.

BHVR is using this tactic to keep up appearances. It keeps the corporate suits happy, it convinces new players that the game has a healthy player base, and they use it to (falsely) discount commentary about player loss.

I haven't played the game in over a month. I entertained the Halloween login rewards, but I've stopped for the advent calendar. Until the game is in a better state, the game is down a killer, and survivor queue times are that much longer.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

i dont think anyone is pushing the idea that killer is harder than 3 years ago. They pushing the idea that killer is harder than survivor, and it surly is.

• Alphamav
    Alphamav Member Posts: 44

Dimenticato troppo l'italiano! Un piacere!

Thanks for being a fellow respectable survivor player.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

The problem is. I play with friends 90% of the time. If SWF was no longer allowed, we would all move on to another game.

I do feel there is too much power there and killers need some generic buff against SWF, and I feel like Non SWF should get the kindred perk as a default effect to balance how bad that scale is.

Killers should also know when they are facing SWF .

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

Swf isn't killing the game, its the devs refusing to accept the game they made when it was released isn't the game it is now.

DBD is a team game now, its no longer four solos against a common enemy with a common goal. It is a team game, and the mechanics do not reflect that.

Since it's a team game now, survivors should win or lose as a team. My idea to fix it without radically changing the game, perks aside, would be to change the killer game play.

Killers need to hook all four survivors simultaneously. Survivors can remove themselves from hooks, but the time it takes increases the more you "break them". The longer a survivor is injured and more they are chased and the more other survivors are broken the more torment they get. Once they get downed, or broken, their torment is consumed and they will take longer to get down from a hook unassisted. They then need to mend themselves, or be mended to get up injured. Diminishing returns if you focus one survivor and exponential returns the more you cycle through them.

With this change, killers can be made stronger, gen speeds can be adjusted or even have new goals, and the length of games will grow without bs survivor rule books for killers.

On top of that since killers are directly rewarded and incentivised to torment other survivors everyone just has a better time.

The problem is that so many perks and killer powers would likely need to be reworked.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Sure - swf has been killing this game for several years now, right.

No. it's actually kept the game going for several years now. Hate to say it, but without it, the game probably would of died out a long time ago.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

I literally wouldn't play killer if it wasn't for good teams and swfs. Only thing that is actually a challenge for me to beat these days as killer.

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

If matchmaking worked correctly in the first place, I think it should compensate SWF advantages by giving them higher rank killers.

Not every SWF is super optimal or good at the game though. I play in a 4-man SWF (Green, purple, red) and usually the killer just kills all of us. Voice chat definitely helps, but it's not an automatic win.

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266

if i cant play with my Family . yes Family . we are all out of this game and i think we are not the only ones . if its an only solo games ppl will leave and the game die

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

SWF should not be gone, but it should be a seperate game mode with a different balancing than solo, simple as that. Then you can adjust killers and survivors that both modes are fair and balanced. Since both modes would be balanced, there would be no need for killers to dodge swf.

But a lot of swf are against a change like that, talking about "being punished for playing with friends", because they simply want to dominate the killer easily.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

So.. as someone who plays both Survivor and Killer, I can tell you that's quite the opposite. If it wasnt for SWF, I wouldn't even be playing this game anymore. The fact that I can play with friends and joke around with them is the whole fun of DBD.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

I played as part of a 4 man swf for thw first time in several months. We only had a 4 man escape once against a blight that was clearly trying to derank.

I think one other game we may have had two get out.

It's not like it's easy mode with swf. It's easier than solo queue, but killers still have it pretty easy compared to previous iterations of this game.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

This is false, they don't want 2k on average. This is what they said, but it's not true. Every killer have more that 50% of kill rates, so if they wanted 2k they need to nerf every killer, including clown. do you think they'll do it?

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162

Toxic players are killing this game, not swf. Prove me wrong.