We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

New hatch mechanic to balance keys.

The key was never the problem, it was always the hatch spawning rules. Hatch should only spawn when all generators are completed or when only one survivor remains. This would ensure that the killer doesn't get cheated out of kills due to one person having key and 4 gens get done with 1 sacrifice, enabling the killer to lose at least one more kill due to the hatch appearing.

Comments

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

As for the last survivor getting Hatch, escaping in this manner I think should not be very rewarding as far as BP is concerned. I don't know what the BP amount is currently but, it should be made about 50-75% less attractive to encourage continuing to repair gens and escape the intended way, or, take the L and die with dignity because the Killer clearly won anyway being able to take down 3.

An alternative to all of this though, would be to give Killers powers and/or perks to counter a Survivor's Key/Hatch strategy (allow Killers to sabotage the Hatch in ways that give alerts to where it is, when it's being opened, 'trap' it with the Entity who springs forth and slashes whoever opens it, or just guards it for a limited time, allowing the Killer to get over there and defend it, etc...plenty of things that could be done).

Currently, they have nothing to counter that with, other than to play the game normally, chasing and hooking as they do any other game. I don't consider being able to close the Hatch a true counter because it's also somewhat of a benefit to whoever is left by forcing the endgame collapse where they can just open a gate and leave that way (which almost any time a Killer has done this in my games, I've been able to get out so...again it's like a free escape, just slightly less easy).

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Hatch escapes aren't even survival points, they're objective and it's 2500 points instead of 5k for escaping through the gates. Not to mention there's another 2k in objective for opening it. So you get 4.5k points in objective for hatch escapes.

• I'm with you on the 8 second unlocking animation. Not so much the interruption mechanism. I'd just as soon it be like totems where they have to start over when interrupted. To further balance, I'd say unlocking the hatch should trigger some kind of notification for the killer so the survivors would need to make sure everyone is ready to escape before they make the attempt.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

The key needs nerfing to only allow the user who has the key to escape only.

But this will never happen as they have a trophy in the game where 4 people need to escape the hatch at once.

The key looks like it will never get nerfed as the swf will moan about it

• Mastermind
    Mastermind Member Posts: 111

I'm down with what @SurpriseSurprise and @AnnoyedAtTheGame suggest.

Making the actual opening take long enough so that the killer can recover from a hit and not allow them to use the post-attack recovery to escape. Resetting it on every hit from the killer so you can't just power through the hit and still unlock it.

I personally wanted the game to only allow the key user to escape, but if there's a trophy for 4 hatch escapes at once, that's not gonna happen. Unless they would decide to remove the trophy.

As for key breaking, on interruption I'd be down with the key breaking and I find it's fair since it wouldn't allow for dumb baiting. You either do or don't no fiddly grey area. Alternatively, I would suggest that the killer could just stomp on a dropped key to break it and either remove it from the trial completely or exchange it for a broken key.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

They can nerf the keys. They just dont want to it seems.

For 4 survivors to escape at once is for all gens to be done for the trophy.

Make the keys same as exit gate with a progress bar accross it.

Make it so that it cant be left at 99% open so like it regress on its own. To avoid sur leaving running with bt and then heading right for the hatch.

If one player dies. Make it so the only one who can escape is the player holding the key.

Or something along those lines.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

The devs have a sickness. It's called "Listen to the entitled survivor mains-itis", I hear it's contagious.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited January 2021

How about we just accept the rules as they are and play the game?

• darkshadows8326
    darkshadows8326 Member Posts: 386

Pretty odd how some people don't understand what a feedback and suggestion forum is.

• CountVampyr

It’s funny how you can’t see that that was my feedback and a suggestion. It’s kind of a two-way street.

• darkshadows8326
    darkshadows8326 Member Posts: 386

No it wasn't. It was called negative input to attempt to dematerialize an idea.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Look, keys are an enormous problem, lots of people have solution and ideas but ultimately the devs have to make the decision to change keys to a nerfed state and I dont think they will do that. They have all but outright said they are (considering) doing this under protest. They like their get-out-of-jail-free card.

• CountVampyr
    edited January 2021

You gave your feedback. My feedback is that I don’t like your feedback. And now you don’t like the feedback that I gave your feedback. And so on and so on. If you know anything about guitar amplification this whole conversation is the perfect description of feedback.