Tips for dealing with Leatherface?

That's right. You read that title correctly. I get they wanted to make Leatherface viable and that is why they reworked him but now it feels like no matter what you do his chainsaw is doomed to catch you. It is now almost impossible to avoid unless you have a window or pallet. Your only other option is to drop every pallet in the map early and likely screw yourself later. Please tell me someone has some sort of advice because every time I play him I get genuinely frustrated

Comments

• PleaseBuffFreddy
    PleaseBuffFreddy Member Posts: 10

if you're in a deadzone run around a rock, there's always a slight chance he might bump into it.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

I know that. The issue with that you said yourself. "Slight chance". Might just be me but I see very little counterplay for him

• PleaseBuffFreddy
    PleaseBuffFreddy Member Posts: 10

to be honest there's not much you can do imo. haven't gone against any leatherfaces ever since I got back to playing, so I don't know if pretending to drop a pallet and then continue running the loop if he charges up the chainsaw still works, since he is faster now. I'll keep an eye on this post in case someone says something valuable ^^

• Crazewtboy

Believe me I try. But his collision seems smaller than ever recently. Sometimes when I run early I still feel like his chainsaw catches up

• Crazewtboy

Based off what I've played against it doesn't. Many will just rev it up before the pallet since the speed tokens make up for lost distance and if you drop the pallet they'll eat it. Then you have less pallets on the map and his quick charge time and speed puts him right back on you

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Throw pallets early, windows are his biggest counters, lockers too, hug the walls, if you find yourself in the open try to run around objects, but that's on you already, also headon counters him. I very rarely lose against him.

• Crazewtboy

Wish I could say the same. I always get him on open maps with 5 windows and maybe 10 pallets

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited December 2020

He is countered like a regular killer. The only difference is you can no longer greed pallets IF he is at full charges.

Some spots make his chainsaw difficult to use as he must avoid any collision around himself including everything to his left and right side. Narrow openings like Azarov's fun bus, the holes in the wall of the Silent Hill map (Midwich), loops with pointy objects make controlling the chainsaw difficult.

Always keep in mind his chainsaw can even connect with objects low to the ground (water tap on some loops of Deathslinger's map Dead Dawg Saloon) or above your head (old Azarov crane, Springwood metal fences with pointy edges above head height etc) so always look around for pointy and narrow stuff. It makes it incredibly difficult for him to avoid collision.

Other than that always stay on the gens. They can be done in 3 minutes so yeah. Just don't greed with the pallets and hope your team is doing gens and always do gens when someone else is getting chased. Beating Bubba really isn't rocket science.

Another tip I can provide is the fact he can be stunned during his chainsaw attack if you time the pallet drop correctly. Not only does this cost him the charge he used during the attack but it also allows you to waste a little more of his time with the pallet you used to stun him. This only works if you and the killer have good connection, though.

A Demonstration of mine (notice how I kept leading him to the pointy crane to cause a tantrum and used it to run around the map, then used the pallet in front of the gas station to stop his chainsaw attack etc. That's all specific counterplay. Also notice how the 5th gen popped just after that one chase. Bubba really suffers if you know what you're doing.):

https://youtu.be/eDWYzM8KBcM

Post edited by Yamaoka on