The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Trapper rework idea

str8upampd
str8upampd Member Posts: 6
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

this is just an idea of my rework of the trapped.....let me know what y’all think

1) trapper should start off with 8-10 trapper which will eliminate having to search the map for traps and will make it so much easier to trap up a particular area you want

2) the trapper should be able to trap one generator, one hex totem or dual totem, one locker and one chest...let me explain

generator- so if the trapper traps a generator if this generator is completely repaired by a survivor it won’t count as a completed generator so pretty much the trapped generator is designed to waste the survivors time

Totems- if a survivor cleanses a dual or hex totem that is trapped the survivor is placed either in an injured state if healthy or a dying state if injured

lockers- if a survivor enters a trapped locker the survivor is placed either in an injured state if healthy or a dying state if injured upon exiting

chest- if a survivor opens a trapped chest the survivor is placed either in an injured state if healthy or a dying state if injured after opening the chest

now only one generator, chest, locker, and totem can be trapped per match

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• unsafepallet
    unsafepallet Member Posts: 72

The idea of having different types of traps isn't bad but trapped generators would waste too much time

• str8upampd
    str8upampd Member Posts: 6

that would be the whole point for a trapped gen....trapper has no map pressure this would give him some

• ACasualDoorMatt
    ACasualDoorMatt Member Posts: 21

I don't think he needs a rework but he definitely needs a buff. I believe he needs to start with 3 traps and hold 4. Maybe also make it so when survivors make it out of his trap, it puts them in the dying state.

I can see the intention of your design, living up to his name, but I don't see this working with bear traps unless they change what type of trap he uses. I'm not sure what type of trap this could be but I'm sure they could find something.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

Definately needs a masaive buff.

• MrGrizzly
    MrGrizzly Member Posts: 143

Perhaps not the dying state? Deep wound would be enough imo. He already has an addon for that, I think it's a bit op to make that base kit.

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2021

A simple but not game breaking fix would be this; let him start with and carry two traps and let him retrieve more traps from lockers like huntress hatchets instead of walking halfway across the map to a zone with three completed gens to retrieve one.

Next, whenever a survivor is caught in a trap, he gains the bloodlust effect or a stackable speed boost of some sort until they are freed. Each survivor caught in a trap at the same time increases the bloodlust effect to the next tier.

Simple, elegant and effective without going overboard.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

I’d be content with 2 traps as base kit. This would mean a very small rework on a few addons.

Stepping in a trap could have a set time a survivor is stuck, like 20 seconds or something. It could be huge for Trappers to know for sure they have X amount of time to make a decision.

Possibly alter an addon to allow Trapper to walk through his own traps even while carrying. This could be base kit but honestly isn’t needed.

Trapper shouldn’t get anything too crazy as a buff... like imagine if he had double bags and was able to call upon the entity to refill his stock mid chase.....

• IrishRedCap
    IrishRedCap Member Posts: 153

Rather than the gen not being completed there have been multiple people over the years suggesting that Trapper be able to place 1-2 traps INSIDE gens. This way when a survivor interacts with the generator they get their arms trapped and must struggle or be freed like usual.

Could even throw a CD on it say... "the same generator cannot be trapped again within 120 seconds of a previous trap being activated on the generator". This prevents ungodly 3 gen strats keeps Trapper pretty mundane but gives him some map control and gen pressure, the two things he is overwhelmingly lacking in.

• ACasualDoorMatt
    ACasualDoorMatt Member Posts: 21

True, I think if Deep Wound could also be good for him. I do understand there's already an add-on for inflicting dying state, but I think it'd also bump his power up to be able to have that as base kit.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame

Trapper ahouldnt be able to walk on his own traps.

I've many of times set a trap at a pallet. Thw survivor squeezes through left or right hand side apparently. The i try and squeeze through left or right... boom traps get me.

How can asurvivor get through on one side but i cant get through doing this?

I've seen survivors using dead head and glide over traps placed.

Eveeything about trapper is just a 4 man escape for survivora unless you get the potato brown ranks in

• MrGrizzly
    MrGrizzly Member Posts: 143

It's an easy to learn killer, a hard to master one. I think otzdarva and many others proved that... He just needs some QoL buffs. Like alot of killers.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

When an injured survivor steps into a trap, a dying state after should be it. Also, a trap should be removed by another survivor(2 survivors)

• AnnoyedAtTheGame

I agree with an injured survivor qho steps in a trao should get put into the dying state after getting out of the trap.