How do i report these two clowns

Just had two survivors take my game hostage, they just locker swapped in basement for ages. I finally decided to search lockers down there because i was wasting my time checking the gens.

One problem is that im console and their pc.

Ive got their pc usernames and video evidence if i need to provide it.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mistercookie
    Mistercookie Member Posts: 147

I don't see how that's holding the game hostage... it's actually just throwing I believe.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

You need to to the official DBD website, and lodge a support ticket

• Mistercookie
    Mistercookie Member Posts: 147

Well if I patrol the whole map and nothing gets worked on ever, I'm gonna start checking corners, bushes and lockers.

If they didn't have crows it means they were interacting with objects. That mainly leaves only lockers so at one point you're bound to go down there once and it means both the survivors are gonna die. (Assuming they can't escape well if they play like that)

It's a dick move to try and hide like that, but then it could've been countered by whispers for example.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it and I don't approve but is it deemed a bannable offense? Unsure.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Well, we know that it is a reportable offense for everyone to hide for a super long time without any Survivors doing gens. The question is more whether it still counts if they were consistently hiding in the same one place where they could easily be found (the basement) and only didn't get caught because the Killer simply never thought to check the basement.

I would think the answer is still yes because the Survivors still made no effort to try and end the game by doing gens while the Killer still made an effort to find the Survivors (even if the Killer was still bad at it).

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

Just be ready to be told "provide more information" or not action taken type respnose. This company doesn't care about what players do in games. Reporting with video proof, steam ID, and more information has never resulted in any action from anyone I know of.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

It most definitely is a reportable offence. The survivors are preventing the game from ending. In theory they could indefinitely keep this up and prevent the game from ever ending. It has been repeatedly confirmed by devs and mods that this survivor behaviour is considered “holding the game hostage”.

• It does, they are unreasonably slow about it, but it does.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2021

As for the OP's comment. You must do the following:

• Report them in game (required)
    • Keep your scoreboard screen up and go here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us
    • Submit a Ticket; and provide all the info asked for
    • Attach any additional proof you have and send it off

Nothing more to be said here, a mod will lock this once they see it, and copy and paste a better version of what I just said tbh.

[ Lastly. to anyone wondering or doubting, holding the game hostage like this IS a reportable offense. ]

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

what killer were you

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,045

While not technically holding the game hostage this would probably be griefing.

This discussion has been closed.