Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Opinions on vr

was just thinking about how fun the game would be in Vr specifically the killer roll

Comments

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

the game needs to be better before they even think about implementing VR, and besides, they were working with Starbreeze for the longest time and we all saw how VR turned out for them.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I don't see VR working. With VR you could only play killer cuz it's first person.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited December 2020

On the technical side you're not actually looking from your killer's eyes. You're looking like a foot in front of him because you used to be able to peek into lockers by walking up to them. So taking that weird view you wouldn't be able to look around like what would be intuitive to VR gameplay. It'd have to be a different game entirely.

Survivor would cause a lot of broken necks I'm sure.

Post edited by Heartbound on
  • Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Yeah, it’d be fun, but the game would have to be completely reworked, and that’s not happening anytime soon.

Killer is the only possibility, as all survivors are playable only from the 3rd person perspective. Keeping the headset on a swivel while repairing gens could work, but continually looking back during chases would get a bit involved.

I don’t ever foresee DBD going VR

The best option would be another game similar to DBD that is formatted specifically to VR.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

On the list of stuff that ain't happening, that's pretty high up there.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

The main thing with VR would be movement, especially during chases. I played Resident Evil 7 and I had a hard time escaping from enemies, I imagine that it would be more difficult during chases

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

I imagine that survivor in 1st person would be much scarier than 3th person. And I also see loads of real life accidents happen in a chase situation. Would be interesting vaulting pallets and running around on the spot they should advertise that as an unique sports game.🤣

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

First person survivor, on the surface, doesn't seem like a huge task to accomplish - relocate the camera to eye level or whatever is appropriate and that's like 90% of the effect achieved. From there, there'd be little things to address like being in lockers, on hooks, carried by Killer, etc. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they have an internal version of the game like that already, purely for concept testing purposes. First person view would up the intensity level of this game by 100% minimum lol. Add in VR and you really have a thrilling experience (look at Resident Evil 7 hehe).

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Just difficult to envision the art of 360°ing multiple times during a heated chase in VR, like spinning in circles in the center of your house, getting tangled up in headset cords... really don’t ever see DBD happening in VR.

You’re right tho, the intensity would be through the universe. I love VR and would play twice as much as I do now if we’re a reality in DBD.

• TheMythicalCat
    TheMythicalCat Member Posts: 175

No.

First, there's the crouching problem. The fact that being able to crouch is an ability for two Killers should say enough about how giving it to everyone would be a bad idea. POV would have to be static, which would feel weird in a VR game.

Then, Stuns. One of the main parts of stuns that make them good is the fact that you're forced to look down, hiding where the survivor goes to afterwards. Forcing camera movement is a bad idea in VR, so stuns would have to be nerfed to not make people throw up.

Any Killer that moves fast is off the table. So no Wraith, Hillbilly, Nurse, Leatherface, Pig, Spirit, Legion, Demo, Oni, Blight, Twins. Also, any Killer that requires aim is also off the table for balancing issues, so no Deathslinger, Huntress, Plague or Clown. Trapper and Hag wouldn't work either, not only does the animation requirement mean that the player is either; forced into an animation, which feels bad, or they have to do it themselves, which means more balancing to make up for the fact that people can mess up. As well as crouching to place traps would not be fun.

The only Killers who could make the jump fairly easily would be Myers, Doctor, Freddy, Ghostface, and PH. Every other Killer either wouldn't work, or require a lot of balancing and testing to make work, as well as some other issues that would either need rebalancing, or to feel bad on the VR side. I'd much rather they focus that work towards the main game, which is proven to be good, then a VR mode, which might not be.

• There is no way VR could work in this game. It's not even possible.

They could, however, make a spinoff game or something that is in VR if they decided to.